to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Explanation Of Baxs Hopup System?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yrc2007

yrc2007

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

when I bought my cybergun akm back in the day it said it had this hopup system. same goes for the aks I bough thats on its merry way.

just out of curiousity id like to learn more about it since most websites promote it as being better than fixed hopup.

any clue as to how this system came about and how it operates? diagrams would be helpful too. ive been all over the web and found little info on the subject other than sales gimics. and id like to know more about it because my spring ak-47s (which I will use as a training rifle for new players instead of my aeg) has the baxs system. and I figure the more I know about my rifle the better a shooter I am.
thanks

a-jester.gif
selling everything from my prometheus gearset to an svd scope. check out these real fair prices! http://www.airsoftfo...-B-t145369.html

#2 Stephie_Y

Stephie_Y

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

Okay so "hop-up" is when in the gun, backspin is put on the BB in order to achieve a further and more accurate shot. When to much backspin is applied the BB will travel out of the gun and will keep going an an upward angle. When too little backspin is applied the BB will travel out of the gun and keep going on at downward slope.

and thats pretty much all I know about it, I looked and couldn't find a diagram, sorry.
When life gives you lemons, suck them.

#3 Guest_dudeicus_*

Guest_dudeicus_*

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

BAXS is just cybergun's name for a hopup system a-rolleyes.gif , it can refer to adjustable or non adjustable hopup.

#4 yrc2007

yrc2007

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Stephie_Y @ Jun 26 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay so "hop-up" is when in the gun, backspin is put on the BB in order to achieve a further and more accurate shot. When to much backspin is applied the BB will travel out of the gun and will keep going an an upward angle. When too little backspin is applied the BB will travel out of the gun and keep going on at downward slope.

and thats pretty much all I know about it, I looked and couldn't find a diagram, sorry.

no I understand how hopup works, im not new to the sport, I just hate using aegs to plink. and I certainly wont hand my rk104 to a kid I never met to teach him the sport. I was simply curious about what the difference is between bax hopup and normal hopup. apparently there is none. a-crazy.gif
selling everything from my prometheus gearset to an svd scope. check out these real fair prices! http://www.airsoftfo...-B-t145369.html

#5 Arrowana

Arrowana
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cycling, Music (Metal, almost all sub-genres), Video Games, Photography, and umm.... other stuff.

• My Temperament:2,2,10,11

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

Yep, if I remeber right my P230 box said it had that BAXS system, and a far as I can tell by looking through the gun, (It's clear) it's just a normal hop-up. It really likes sending BBs to the right though, I have to hold the gun at an angle to have a chance at hitting something.

#6 D0096F

D0096F
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

I realize this is a little old but the BAXS (ballistic accuracy extreme system) is different then the standard hop-up. Supposedly (emphasis on supposedly) it allows both vertical AND horizontal adjustment (which is why your gun shoots to the right, adjust it!) by using a upside-down "v" shaped hop-up thingy.

Edited by D0096F, 31 July 2007 - 12:53 PM.

BR55 Project (WIP) l TM FA-MAS SV review l Version 1 Gearbox Guide

AEG and sniper rifle repairs, mods and upgrades: $20 base service fee PM me for additional details.

#7 Guest_Dragon M._*

Guest_Dragon M._*

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

Wow... Then why doesn't my shotgun have it then?

No, that's not true. It's just a super name Cybergun made up. Remember, they rebrand guns. I don't think they have enough time to magically take apart every gun and put a "Ballistic Accuracy Extreme System" in their guns...

#8 AQUAFINA

AQUAFINA

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

My DPMS Ultra Grade M16's Box said BAX on it, and it has (or had) fixed hop-up.

#9 Arrowana

Arrowana
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cycling, Music (Metal, almost all sub-genres), Video Games, Photography, and umm.... other stuff.

• My Temperament:2,2,10,11

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (D0096F @ Jul 30 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I realize this is a little old but the BAXS (ballistic accuracy extreme system) is different then the standard hop-up. Supposedly it allows both vertical AND horizontal adjustment (which is why your gun shoots to the right, adjust it!) by using a upside-down "v" shaped hop-up thingy.

Yep, I can adjust it to the right or left by sticking a dental pick down the barrel and pushing on it in the direction I want, and I can vertically adjust it by taking apart the gun, and either stick something above the bucking for more hop-up, or sand off some of the bucking for less hop.

Actually, that's how I actually did fix the hop-up sending the BBs off to the right, and how I'm planning on making the gun put more of a spin on the BB. (Assuming I can figure out how to take it apart enough to get to the hop-up.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users