to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

- - - - -

Idf Loadout

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:21 AM

I am going for an IDF loadout. I got sick of my delta loadout, and I am starting fresh. I found an EXCELLENT website, zahal.org, for surplus IDF gear. I have decided on everything else: boots, fatigues, helmet, belt, ect.

My problem is that I cannot decided on what rig/vest to buy. I am completely undecided. There are 5 different rigs/vests that they have. Do any them have a pouch in the back big enough for a 3L hydration pack?

They are here: http://www.zahal.org/gear/p4.htm

I am going for just a plain, infantry soldier; nothing special, like a paratrooper or SF, if that helps.

Thanks for all the help.

#2 lowki13

lowki13
  • Interests:Airsoft (been playing for lil over 7 years), tactical games, squad based Video games, Punk/metal shows, Private avaition Jet craft, Modern us history, Role playing games (cept LARP), Legos, Comics, Quality Beer (no budwiser, miller, or any domestic piss water beer)

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:34 AM

all you would need to complete what is on that site is the new Tavor assault rifle! to bad nobody is making one! I would go for the special forces assault vest.

C0-Founder of BayAreaAirsoft.com if that isnt enough for you to ship to me first your not worth doing business with.

#3 Saber_Dart

Saber_Dart

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

Really, I think I've seen the "Commando Harness" and the "Combat Harness for Infantry and Paratroops". But I would recommend some Body armor, but I'm not exactly sure what the IDF wears for body armor.

Have CA MP5A4 with lighted forearm for sale. PM if interested!

#4 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Saber_Dart @ Jul 7 2007, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, I think I've seen the "Commando Harness" and the "Combat Harness for Infantry and Paratroops". But I would recommend some Body armor, but I'm not exactly sure what the IDF wears for body armor.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what type of armor the IDF uses?

IS it the same as USMC?

#5 Guest_Wesker_*

Guest_Wesker_*

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (RamHammer @ Jul 7 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IS it the same as USMC?

No, they certainly do not wear IBAs...

#6 LrdRaiden

LrdRaiden

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

check out this guys kit adn some of the soilders stuff on this ep of futureweapons

#7 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (LrdRaiden @ Jul 7 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
check out this guys kit adn some of the soilders stuff on this ep of futureweapons

Thanks, I will check the link.

#8 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:18 PM

I ordered my IDF stuff from Zahal, great retailer. They shipped very quickly.

They also have forums, (with an airsoft section) where you can ask about the armor.

Edited by WeeGee, 08 July 2007 - 04:20 PM.

Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

#9 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (WeeGee @ Jul 8 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ordered my IDF stuff from Zahal, great retailer. They shipped very quickly.

They also have forums, (with an airsoft section) where you can ask about the armor.

I have already joined, and awaiting approval by admin.

Edit, as to not double post: I heard by word of mouth that the rigs on Zahal are not up to date. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks.

Edited by RamHammer, 09 July 2007 - 04:40 AM.

#10 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

Since I can no longer edit the post above this one, I had to make a new on. Sorry for the double post.

I have been searching around and still have not found out what type of armor they use.

Has anyone come across anything?

Thanks.

#11 sega181

sega181
  • Interests:I like airsoft, real steel rifle shooting, and juggling.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

I can tell you first hand that an IDF infantryman BDUs are just plain OD. My dad had a Glilon at one point and an M4 at another when he was in the IDF. Although that was when he was an officer. When he was just infantry, he had an Galil. I even have some pictures from when he was there. a-famerican.gif

Edited by sega181, 12 July 2007 - 03:25 PM.

AR15 in 5.56

DPMS upper assembly
CMMG lower
RRA LPK
Stag Arms Tactical Stock kit
C-products 10/20 mag
CA-Legal

#12 Saber_Dart

Saber_Dart

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Ask him what bodyarmor he used. (assuming it wasn't too long ago)

#13 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (sega181 @ Jul 12 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can tell you first hand that an IDF infantryman BDUs are just plain OD. My dad had a Glilon at one point and an M4 at another when he was in the IDF. Although that was when he was an officer. When he was just infantry, he had an Galil. I even have some pictures from when he was there. a-famerican.gif

What do you mean just plain OD? On Zahal it says "Olive Green." Is that different?

I am in Israel right now, and I saw some soliders with what looked like WWII American brown uniforms. They had black berets, so I knew they were in an armor divison. Could that be it? [They were women, if that explains anything.]

My dad was also in the IDF. a-salute.gif He was a Captain in an infantry and armor divison. He was in Golani, and fought in lebanon for two years during the 80s. a-salute.gif When was your dad in the IDF? My dad told me that he had an m16, but was given an M4 when he completed officer school. He also used a Galil, even AK while he was in Lebanon. He said he liked the AK best. a-cool.gif]

I also have a couple of pictures, not that many. One is him with an M60, the other is in a tank. [at the base.]

#14 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

Olive Green has more brown in it than US style OD. If you're in Israel now, stop by Mr.T's on Ben Yehuda St. in Jerusalem. They should be able to fix you up.
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

#15 NoRemorse

NoRemorse

"I am soo smart. S.M.R.T., I mean S.M.A.R.T."

• Elite
  • 1,714 posts
  • Interests:-Any kind of B series engine(Own an old schools GSR-DA-B17A1. RIP 94 DC-2)<br />-1st person shooters<br />-Hitting the slopes(makes me think I should have been the 10th Mountain of WWII)<br />-And of course airsoft<br />-Former 1st Cav of Maryland<br />-Homebrewing. Ahh, beer.

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

OD = Olive Drab
"Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff." - Anonymous
Feel Good Farms, Southern New Hampshire Airsoft Nirvana Review

#16 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (WeeGee @ Jul 15 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Olive Green has more brown in it than US style OD. If you're in Israel now, stop by Mr.T's on Ben Yehuda St. in Jerusalem. They should be able to fix you up.

Is that what the IDF uses now?

Can someone explain to me why I saw some brown uniforms today?

#17 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

Yes, Olive Green is what they use today. Like I said, it has more brown in it, so under certain conditions it may appear more brown than green. Additionally, maybe the uniforms you saw were from a police unit, or some other non-regular army unit. If you're over there you probably see soldiers just about everywhere you go. (Unless you're stuck in Mea Shearim or someplace like that.) It shouldn't be hard to figure out what they are wearing.

Here are some pictures:
http://zahal.org/zah...opic.php?t=2054

See how in some images the uniforms look more brown than in others?

Edit: There you go- these look more brown:
http://zahal.org/zah...opic.php?t=2053

Edited by WeeGee, 16 July 2007 - 02:52 PM.

#18 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

I asked my dad about the difference about the brown and green uniforms.

Brown: Training, to be used on the base
Green: Everything else

The people I saw walking around just didn't have time to change, or were lazy.

I didn't get to go to Mr.Ts a-angry.gif

#19 Halo Storm

Halo Storm

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

yay isreal

a-fisraeli.gif

#20 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Halo Storm @ Jul 18 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yay isreal

a-fisraeli.gif

YAY!

Where did you get that guy with the Israeli flag?

Also, I when I was in Jueralsem, before I went through the metal dector, I saw that the the guar had has armor off, and I saw the company name, marom dolphin, but was not able to see the model number or whatever. I mean, I didn't want to be staring at his armor. That would have been kind of odd.

So, any ideas? I don't think that it was the same vest as the IDF uses because it did not have a place to put pouches.?

Edited by RamHammer, 19 July 2007 - 11:31 AM.

#21 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

I think they wear a separate armor vest under their LBV. The IDF has not been sold on modular systems such as MOLLE. One of the things I've noticed is that if the vest is indicative of the standard infantry load, the IDF soldier carries way more ammo than a normal US infantryman.

OK, nevermind about the modular comment- look what Zahal.com just added:
http://www.zahal.org...dolphin/p01.htm

That one can take ceramic plates so I'm thinking that soem of the others can probably do the same. The thing is, with so many reservists, some soldier's kit may be one or two generations behind what current active personnel get. It also probably varies by unit- ie. infantry combat units like the Golani and Givati may get the new stuff before more rear echelon units do.

#22 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

Thanks a lot!

That is what I was thinking too. I never saw their armor. It makes sense. Do you know where to buy some replica plates?

About them carrying more ammo... I think that it is true. The IDF does not use pistols, so there is more room to carry ammo. Also, there are designated ammo carriers in each squad. Also, everyone has to carry one box mag for the saw.

My dad had to carry the radio. He said it was about 20 kilos.

My dad said that the worst was the one that had to carry the water. Each person had two canteens, but the "waterman" was for emergenciecs. It was about 40L of Water. On top of that with all their other gear, it turned out to be about 70 pounds of gear. Ouch.

Edited by RamHammer, 20 July 2007 - 09:23 AM.

#23 sega181

sega181
  • Interests:I like airsoft, real steel rifle shooting, and juggling.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (RamHammer @ Jul 15 2007, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean just plain OD? On Zahal it says "Olive Green." Is that different?

I am in Israel right now, and I saw some soliders with what looked like WWII American brown uniforms. They had black berets, so I knew they were in an armor divison. Could that be it? [They were women, if that explains anything.]

My dad was also in the IDF. a-salute.gif He was a Captain in an infantry and armor divison. He was in Golani, and fought in lebanon for two years during the 80s. a-salute.gif When was your dad in the IDF? My dad told me that he had an m16, but was given an M4 when he completed officer school. He also used a Galil, even AK while he was in Lebanon. He said he liked the AK best. a-cool.gif]

I also have a couple of pictures, not that many. One is him with an M60, the other is in a tank. [at the base.]

My dad was also in Lebanon. That was in 1982. Golani as well. 51 if that means anything to you.
AR15 in 5.56

DPMS upper assembly
CMMG lower
RRA LPK
Stag Arms Tactical Stock kit
C-products 10/20 mag
CA-Legal

#24 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (sega181 @ Jul 23 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My dad was also in Lebanon. That was in 1982. Golani as well. 51 if that means anything to you.

Not really. What years was your dad there? I think mine was from '80-82, or '82-84. Forget which.

Does anyone know what type of Helmets the IDF uses? Also, does anyone know if they use ACOGS [sp] and EOtechs?

#25 Saber_Dart

Saber_Dart

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

IDF Helmet (Its at the bottom)

And also, I pretty sure they almost always use iron sights, but I think I've seen some ACOG reflex sights (not the normal ACOG) Hope that helps.

#26 Guest_RamHammer_*

Guest_RamHammer_*

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Saber_Dart @ Jul 26 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IDF Helmet (Its at the bottom)

And also, I pretty sure they almost always use iron sights, but I think I've seen some ACOG reflex sights (not the normal ACOG) Hope that helps.

Thanks! Do you know of any place where I could BUY it?

Also, I thought I saw some EOtechs in some pictures I have seen.

Edit: http://www.zahal.org...m/20070418g.jpg

The second person in line has what seems to be an EOtech on his M4.

Edited by RamHammer, 26 July 2007 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users