to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Going To Hong Kong

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 policecarsrock1

policecarsrock1

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

What are some good shops in HK? I know that I am probably going to Hong Kong during the Christmas season, so lots of stuff is going to be on sale. I know that I am going to Redwolf, WGC, and UnCompany. Those are for sure. Did anyone visit the Classic Army shop there? What other reliable shops are located in HK? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! a-thumbsup.gif

#2 Guest_northinger_*

Guest_northinger_*

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

I'd go to RWA.

#3 Guest_Dragon M._*

Guest_Dragon M._*

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

Go to MongKok (旺角) on the Kowloon (九龍) Peninsula. Make your way to Kwong Wa Street (廣華街) and you'll find Hong Kong's airsoft paradise there.
You can find your way to MongKok by the MTR there. There is no need to visit Red Wolf as MongKok pretty much has most of what RedWolf has in stock...

WGC DOES NOT HAVE A WALK-IN STORE. You can order online and have a local pickup, but you're better off not going there.

On Kwong Wa, there's the CA store (very nice), Dentrinity (Overpriced, but lots of parts), Gunners Airsoft (MPEG paradise), Guns N' Guys (Got my Thompson there for very cheap! =) ), and a lot more. You'll be able to get all your gear, guns and almost everything there for a cheap price - even if it isn't around Christmas! And the best thing is, they're almost all by each other.

Take precautions when bringing them over to the US though.
Here's a post I made earlier today about bringing guns over:
How I got it through?

Well, first, I checked the TSA website on their regulations of REAL firearms. And taking precaution, I made SURE that I followed their instructions such as putting them in a hard sided case, unloading it, etc.
After reading all this, I decided to plan out how to make it work. I set out on getting the guns first. I went straight to MongKok and bought my M1A1 and the M4A1. I also asked a few people over there for confirmation on how to get it over here. They told me to remove any trademarks (which I didn't need to) and paint an orange tip on them.
So during my stay, I decided I needed to find a LOCKABLE HARD SIDED case, which I figured I would get cheap in mainland China - which I did.
The day I was about to leave, I took my guns apart to make it more obvious that the guns were fake, and put them in the case.
Upon arrival at the airport, and checking in, we declared that we had "Air Guns" with us. Then security came and called the Hong Kong police. They came with their MP5s and thoroughly inspected the guns. The measured them, took pictures of them and interrogated me.
After that, we were allowed to leave the little room that the guns were being inspected at, and left the case there for the airport to manually place onto the plane. They also placed a inspection sticker on it.

And that's about how I got it over internationally.

I think this is pretty decent for my 1.4K post.

Edited by Dragon M., 07 August 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#4 policecarsrock1

policecarsrock1

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

Thanks alot Dragon M.! One last question though...Did you get a discount when you went shopping in Kwong Wa Street?

#5 Guest_northinger_*

Guest_northinger_*

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

I doubt you would get a discount.

#6 Norinco QBZ-95

Norinco QBZ-95

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

Can you give me the addresses of the airsoft stores in Hong Kong? I get off my flight on Hong Kong for a bus ride to the mainland. The last time I actually went through the streets of Hong Kong was a long time ago. Hopefully, next time, I can go visit these stores.
To all you idiots who think a bulletproof vest will solve all your problems...
1. Soak a yellow pages phone book in water.
2. Hold the phone book to your chest.
3. Have a big strong Marine hit the phone book as hard as he can with a sledge hammer.
4. Try to get up immediately (still holding the phone book to your chest) and run.
5. Tell me the results.

Build a man a fire, he will be warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
-Me at Boy Scout summer camp giving words of wisdom, 2007

#7 RaptorEye

RaptorEye
  • Interests:Aircraft and airsoft guns.

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hong Kong? Just try not to walk in long allyways because you might not be able to go back home. lol
Sig out of regs. ~Xhado

#8 5370H55V

5370H55V

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Dragon M. @ Aug 7 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go to MongKok (旺角) on the Kowloon (九龍) Peninsula. Make your way to Kwong Wa Street (廣華街) and you'll find Hong Kong's airsoft paradise there.
You can find your way to MongKok by the MTR there. There is no need to visit Red Wolf as MongKok pretty much has most of what RedWolf has in stock...

WGC DOES NOT HAVE A WALK-IN STORE. You can order online and have a local pickup, but you're better off not going there.

On Kwong Wa, there's the CA store (very nice), Dentrinity (Overpriced, but lots of parts), Gunners Airsoft (MPEG paradise), Guns N' Guys (Got my Thompson there for very cheap! =) ), and a lot more. You'll be able to get all your gear, guns and almost everything there for a cheap price - even if it isn't around Christmas! And the best thing is, they're almost all by each other.

Take precautions when bringing them over to the US though.
Here's a post I made earlier today about bringing guns over:
I think this is pretty decent for my 1.4K post.

Do they really interrogate you? Did anyone else have that problem?
QUOTE (NeverSummer @ Oct 26 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell them that you are thankful for not allowing you to buy an airsoft gun, because with all the money you saved it can be used to buy more important things like drugs and prostitutes. Works every time.

#9 Guest_Dragon M._*

Guest_Dragon M._*

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (policecarsrock1 @ Aug 8 2007, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks alot Dragon M.! One last question though...Did you get a discount when you went shopping in Kwong Wa Street?

Discount? No.
But if you can speak Cantonese, HAGGLE. Make sure you HAGGLE. Haggling will make you save money - and there's always haggling to be done. =)

QUOTE (Norinco QBZ-95 @ Aug 8 2007, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you give me the addresses of the airsoft stores in Hong Kong? I get off my flight on Hong Kong for a bus ride to the mainland. The last time I actually went through the streets of Hong Kong was a long time ago. Hopefully, next time, I can go visit these stores.

Well... Addresses wont do you good. Just take a bus to Monkok and find you way with the street names and such.
Here's a helpful map, here. If you notice the MTR symbols around Nathan Road (Mong Kok Station) (The MTR Symbol Looks Like This), you can use this map to help you find Kwong Wa, which is connected to Dundas Street if you are using the MTR.
There are bus stops around there all over the place in MongKok. But it helps a lot to use the MTR instead.

QUOTE (5370H55V @ Aug 8 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they really interrogate you? Did anyone else have that problem?

Yes, they did interrogate me. The asked where I came from, where I got the guns, and a bunch of other questions.
Now asking for anyone else, I do not know. But if I needed to do it to avoid trouble worse than that, it should happen to everyone else...

#10 Norinco QBZ-95

Norinco QBZ-95

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

Yep, China doen't not have set prices like the US. My dad is from Guangzhou, and speaks Cantonese. He always gets me good prices at the bazaar (talking down the price of three nice lighters from 150 yuan to 50 yuan)

My dad knew exactly where I was talking about when I showed him the addresses.
3. Have a big strong Marine hit the phone book as hard as he can with a sledge hammer.
4. Try to get up immediately (still holding the phone book to your chest) and run.
5. Tell me the results.

Build a man a fire, he will be warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

#11 policecarsrock1

policecarsrock1

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Wait, you can haggle in those airsoft stores?

YEEEAHHHHHH!!! My uncle is going with me. But there is just one problem. He and I both speak Mandarin pretty well, but they speak Cantonese there a-angry.gif

#12 Guest_Dragon M._*

Guest_Dragon M._*

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (policecarsrock1 @ Aug 10 2007, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, you can haggle in those airsoft stores?
YEEEAHHHHHH!!! My uncle is going with me. But there is just one problem. He and I both speak Mandarin pretty well, but they speak Cantonese there a-angry.gif

Yea. You can haggle in almost any of those stores in Hong Kong.

Most probably speak Mandarin. They actually speak English too - so use that as a last resort. a-thumbsup.gif

#13 Sir

Sir

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

good luck getting it past customs, but if you would can you just grab a bag of .6g BBs that they use to test the velocity on those Chinese air soft weapons.

I doubt they'd haggle with anyone that doesn't speak their native tongue.

Edited by Sir, 10 August 2007 - 07:53 PM.

Killer Tofu- By The Beets

The Great Creator made Man and He made Women
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samuel Colt made them equals

~!~Dead men tell no tales~!~

96.4% of teens would die if ambercrombie and fitch said it was "uncool" to breath, put this on your sig. if you would be 1 of the 3.6% laughing yourself silly

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

#14 Allizard

Allizard
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Gadget etc...

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Read this artical from Airsoft Hawaii about the airsoft shop. Should get you some ideas.
http://www.airsoftha.../hongkong.shtml

Now, here is a map from Yau Ma Tei MTR to Kwong Wa Street (廣華街).

Here is my experience, when you are leaving HK, at the ticketing counter MAKE SURE you tell the agent you have purchase BB guns or air gun. Most people don't know they are call Airsoft there. The agent will then notify the airport security and airport police. You will go to the loading area and wait for them to inspect the lugage. The Police will asked you some questions. But believe me, they have done this probably hundred of times and it's well known people come to HK to buy airsoft guns. They have to do this because of standard operatiing procedures.

Meanwhile they are check out your guns, don't forget to check out their REAL MP5's. After it's all cleared you are free to go.

When you arrived in US. You may or may not get inspect again. In my case, they didn't but I did have to go thru a different line to SCAN the lugage again.

So... make sure you arrived at the airport early because you'll be waiting at last 15-20 extra minutes.

As for haggling, it's possible if you speak cantonese. Also at Red Wolf, they don't have a store but an office and warehouse. You can use their computer to browse the RedWolf website and they also give a small discount. I think it's no more than 5%. I did picked up a couple items while I was there. See below...

Have fun...

Edited by Allizard, 10 August 2007 - 08:37 PM.

#15 joker8baller

joker8baller
  • Interests:Golf, Airsoft, Gaming.

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (policecarsrock1 @ Aug 7 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are some good shops in HK? I know that I am probably going to Hong Kong during the Christmas season, so lots of stuff is going to be on sale. I know that I am going to Redwolf, WGC, and UnCompany. Those are for sure. Did anyone visit the Classic Army shop there? What other reliable shops are located in HK? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! a-thumbsup.gif

lol RWA has a warehouse ><

WGC is invite-only, you have to purchase from them to visit.

I like S-3, amazing selection of pistols and Darn cheap. They also have a field.

They have a nice CA stores in there, but no one in Hong Kong really buys it.

Follow Allizard, tell Customs you have a war game gun or something along those lines... they don't understand airsoft.
IPB Image

#16 Norinco QBZ-95

Norinco QBZ-95

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (joker8baller @ Aug 11 2007, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol RWA has a warehouse ><

WGC is invite-only, you have to purchase from them to visit.

I like S-3, amazing selection of pistols and Darn cheap. They also have a field.

They have a nice CA stores in there, but no one in Hong Kong really buys it.

Follow Allizard, tell Customs you have a war game gun or something along those lines... they don't understand airsoft.

Invite only as in "buy online and pick up there?"

What's the website for S-3

In China, we always referred to airsoft as toy gun (wan ju qiang) or replica/model gun (mo xing qiang).

I found in Guangzhou, that haggling worked best with Cantonese, but that only worked with my dad around. Haggling did not work as well for me because I was wearing American clothes, speaking mandarin not in the local accent, and had a huge stuffed wallet (800 RMB and lot of American money) not to mention my American Passport and the switchblade with a Confederate flag on the handle. There are also various haggling "methods" that are part of the local "custom."
5. Tell me the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users