to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

How Do Propane Adaptors And Silicon Work?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Black Playa

The Black Playa

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

Could somebody please explaing how propane adaptors work and how to put silicon in it?

#2 Meety Peety

Meety Peety

I enjoy long walks on the beach.. with a 1911.

• Forum Administrator
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm fascinated with pistols. I have one AEG and so many pistols I don't know what to do with them anymore. I got my first airsoft gun about six years ago, but got more into the sport of it about three years ago, mainly for it's realism and tactical aspects. That's about it for now..

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (The Black Playa @ Oct 16 2007, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could somebody please explaing how propane adaptors work and how to put silicon in it?

The most common way people lube with propane is by filling up the mag, then putting a drop on the first round of that mage and firing it through the gun. I personally break down my guns and clean/lube it thouroughly, and I've also heard of people putting a drop or two of lube in between where the adapter and the propane bottle connect together so that it mixes and fills lubed gas into the mag (just like how green gas works) I personally haven't tried the third method, so I can't say for sure if it really works (although im sure it does)

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Mar 19 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, this is a forum. You aren't entitled freedom.

#3 Romulus1

Romulus1

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:31 AM

I only use the lube in the top of the propane container before installing the adapter method. I have taken my guns to pieces and this method seems to ensure good penetration.

As far as lubing a BB, that sounds like it would load the Hop-Up bucking up with silicon which is absolutely terrible for a guns performance.
Armory: TM SIG P226, TM Cold Delta Elite, TM Hybrid STI Eagle 5.1, KSC USPc (Japan Version), KSC Glock 17C, KJW P229, KWA USPc
Owned: KWA USP .45, KWA Glock 17, KWA Glock 19, HFC 190, KSC SIG Pro 2009, Maruzen MP5k, UTG MP5, TM MP5 A2, HFC M199

My scammer of the year award goes to...Tuner Guy

#4 BobMarley90

BobMarley90

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

Sorry to go off topic a little, but speaking of propane adapters, most of us that use them know that propane smells like complete and total a-censored.gif , and makes you, your gun, and your surroundings smell like it to. that being said, is there a way to make it smell a little better?

thanks

One Aim, One destiny

One Jah

#5 1st Ranger

1st Ranger

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

I think we may need to determine which propane adapter he is referring to (MadBull vs AI version X), because different adapter types require the end user to place the silicone oil in slightly dirrerent places.

I have the AI version 4 (last version prior to the release of the plastic ver 5). For that one, all you need to do is place a few drops straight onto the propane bottle's valve prior to attaching the adapter. I know older versions did things slightly differently.

As for the MadBull version, based on the pictures I have seen, I assume it would be done the same way as the AI ver. 4.

Sorry to go off topic a little, but speaking of propane adapters, most of us that use them know that propane smells like complete and total , and makes you, your gun, and your surroundings smell like it to. that being said, is there a way to make it smell a little better?

thanks

Not that I know of. I've never really thought it smelled bad enough that I would want to try to change it's odor. I think that we'll all just have to live with it. You could always use GG, but I'm sure that the cost difference between the two is what motivated you to go with propane in the 1st place.

1st
Sua Sponte!
RLTW!

external link removed from signature, use your profile page - admin

#6 bat21win

bat21win
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, computers

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

Indoor courses are not the best place for propane. 3 or 4 guys using it in the same area and you have a serious problem.

#7 tmal44

tmal44

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to go off topic a little, but speaking of propane adapters, most of us that use them know that propane smells like complete and total a-censored.gif , and makes you, your gun, and your surroundings smell like it to. that being said, is there a way to make it smell a little better?

thanks

u can (this is gonna sound weird)

u get your nice Lysol Neutra Air container, pop off th top and put the HFC134a gas adapter (Made by AI) on there, then pumb a TINY! bit of that in each mag. lol

R.I.P. Troy
My Guns
I'm good with KSC glocks. PM me with any questions

"Next time you're making metroid..gimme a call, like I'll totally eat that, 'cause it's totally not gross."
-Jeremy, episode 17 Pure pwnage[/color]

#8 Meety Peety

Meety Peety

I enjoy long walks on the beach.. with a 1911.

• Forum Administrator
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm fascinated with pistols. I have one AEG and so many pistols I don't know what to do with them anymore. I got my first airsoft gun about six years ago, but got more into the sport of it about three years ago, mainly for it's realism and tactical aspects. That's about it for now..

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (1st Ranger @ Oct 17 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we may need to determine which propane adapter he is referring to (MadBull vs AI version X), because different adapter types require the end user to place the silicone oil in slightly dirrerent places.

I have the AI version 4 (last version prior to the release of the plastic ver 5). For that one, all you need to do is place a few drops straight onto the propane bottle's valve prior to attaching the adapter. I know older versions did things slightly differently.

As for the MadBull version, based on the pictures I have seen, I assume it would be done the same way as the AI ver. 4.
Not that I know of. I've never really thought it smelled bad enough that I would want to try to change it's odor. I think that we'll all just have to live with it. You could always use GG, but I'm sure that the cost difference between the two is what motivated you to go with propane in the 1st place.

I use the Mad Bull XG01 adaptor, but I haven't had any problems as of yet. This could be because of my cleaning and lubing regularly though.
QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Oct 17 2007, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the smell, I rarely shoot indoors, so it doesn't really bother me too much. If you shoot indoors, try some simple air freshener, it will kill the smell.. but its probably a good idea to at least open a window, its not good to breathe in propane, and I'm sure adding more chemicals (air freshener) to the air will just make it worse. None of my guns smell of propane just holding them, and I don't make a habbit of sniffing my guns haha. You're on your own with that one a-shocked.gif

Edited by Meety Peety, 17 October 2007 - 09:52 PM.

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Mar 19 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, this is a forum. You aren't entitled freedom.

#9 Horsem4n

Horsem4n
  • Interests:Video games, airsoft, paintball, anime, drawing, airhocky, arcades, pistols (there's not enough moving parts on the outside of a rifle to intrest me), art, building custom guns (i just dont have the money for it), GT, P1, rally and CORR racing, vacations to tropical or tropical like areas, and long walks on the beach, even though I'm fatastical. I've been killin terrorists, militants, Nazis, gient robots, aliens, and tuners for a while now (15 years) and still burnin rubber:<br />XBL GT: Jackal 498

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks

febreeze
tokyohobby.net still has TM tracer units... (I couldn't figure out what to put, I'm not feeling very witty right now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users