to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Key Elements Of A Team?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Waldo.

Waldo.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:21 PM

help me out? and if all possible, give some sweet names for it. (sorry for spam cuz I posted this topic in wrong forum a-grin.gif

Edited by Graham Abram, 07 December 2007 - 10:42 PM.

"Vini. Vidi. Vici." (I came, I saw, I conquered.)

#2 Choffman10

Choffman10

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

Well there should be a Designated Marksmen, Assualt, Recon, Spotter, Sniper, Scout, Rusher, and that's about all that I can think of.

But I think the most important ingredient is teamwork.

Edited by choffman10, 07 December 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#3 Waldo.

Waldo.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (choffman10 @ Dec 7 2007, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there should be a Designated Marksmen, Assualt, Recon, Spotter, Sniper, Scout, Rusher, and that's about all that I can think of.

But I think the most important ingredient is teamwork.

well... could you explain each 1 -.-

and how many peeps?

#4 Choffman10

Choffman10

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:39 PM

Please type using proper grammar.

A team could have 5-20 members.

Sniper- Uses stealth combined with a bolt action rifle usually equipped with a scope. Silence, and stealth is key to a good sniper. [L96]

Spotter- Looks out for the sniper, usaully equipped with a light assualt rifle, and binoculars. [G36C]

DM- Basically like a more mobile and active sniper, equipped with a larger assault rifle. [M14]

Assualt/Recon/Scout- Usually moves ahead of the team and finds the enemy's position, then they lead the attack along with the Rushers, equipped with light Sub Machine Gun, or PDW and binoculars. [P90]

Rusher- Usually leads the attack at the enemy, with very straight forward attacking. Usually equipped with a small SMG, or Personal Defense Weapon with a high rate of fire. [Mp5 PDW]

^^Those are just the basics of the general role.

#5 KozyCOCOANUTS

KozyCOCOANUTS

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:33 PM

Mix love and tactics and you got a pot of teamwork

#6 Guest_Ruthless Killa8_*

Guest_Ruthless Killa8_*

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Waldo. @ Dec 7 2007, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
give some sweet names for it.

Ruthless Shootas a-yesnod.gif

#7 zoob

zoob

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Personally I'd say minumum # of team mates of six. You forget the support who carry the bigggest gun and is behind the rushers, who set up a covered position for a temporary fall back area. I'm a support, and my team apprciates it.

PS: I'm also DM when the numbers fall behind 3.

Edited by zoob, 08 December 2007 - 12:40 AM.

{Lone Wolf} {Bloodline} {Eagle Squad} {Slayer} {Oprative "Zoob"} [Importance of mission...?]
The key to winning, is making the other team win... at losing.
The key to tactics, is making the other team clueless
The key to wepons, is who your making it for
The key to retreating, is have something to fall on
The key to missions, is...?

#8 tantrik

tantrik
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, Cars, Motorcycles, Bicycles

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:55 AM

The key element of a team is organization.

Team tactics, member designation, etc. follows after a team is organized. Besides, you won't know from the start who's good with what, right? Not unless all your team members to be are seasoned airsoft players.

To organize a team you need a team by-laws in which you uphold. These may be formal or informal. What it does is it states a general rule such as the organizational structure, recruitment and member grades, etc.

Once you have that ready, recruit members. The founder should not be automatically the leader/team captain/president or any officer. In fact the first few members should be considered as co-founders. No single person can be a team founder, hence the name team.

Once you have this, play among yourselves. It takes several games, it could even take months, even years, to determine who does a specific role best.

Once you have this working, the next key element is comraderie. The worse thing that can happen in a team is self interest. Everyone should play his part for the team, not as an individual.

And the most important of all. Always have FUN. Don't get too seriuos, after all this is a game.

I have been into this sport since the late 80's. Trust me, don't get too seriuos.

#9 KozyCOCOANUTS

KozyCOCOANUTS

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

Once again Tantrik helps us all!

#10 Koko_Krisp89

Koko_Krisp89
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach, Dinners by candlelight...

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:26 PM

As for specific roles, if I were going to start a team today I'd want to fill six necessary positions...
1 Sniper
1 Spotter/DM
3 Assault
1 Scout

Your sniper is obviously the sniper. He sits under covering waiting for his shots, while your teammates try to lure enemies into his FoV.
Your spotter/dm is your snipers companion. He has an aeg and is ready to clean up whatever scraps your sniper leaves.
Your assualt men/women are field players. They move, shoot, and simply use tactics to try and eliminate enemy forces and complete mission objectives.
Your scout is somewhat of a spy. He's a quick, usually little guy/gal who can find cover easily. Your scout will radio in your enemies positions, and what their tactics seem to be.
8D

I'm a hellfish...

sorry - you're not going to advertise that here - admin. If I catch you doing it, your're going to be suspended the next time

^Pass it on^

#11 Waldo.

Waldo.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Koko_Krisp89 @ Dec 9 2007, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for specific roles, if I were going to start a team today I'd want to fill six necessary positions...
1 Sniper
1 Spotter/DM
3 Assault
1 Scout

Your sniper is obviously the sniper. He sits under covering waiting for his shots, while your teammates try to lure enemies into his FoV.
Your spotter/dm is your snipers companion. He has an aeg and is ready to clean up whatever scraps your sniper leaves.
Your assualt men/women are field players. They move, shoot, and simply use tactics to try and eliminate enemy forces and complete mission objectives.
Your scout is somewhat of a spy. He's a quick, usually little guy/gal who can find cover easily. Your scout will radio in your enemies positions, and what their tactics seem to be.

what about support? (thx for list anyway cuz I have 6 people for a team conveiniently a-jester.gif )

#12 SWATA4

SWATA4

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

http://www.ampair.ne....php?content.92
IPB Image
IPB Image

#13 On_Point_X

On_Point_X
  • Interests:this stuff, my gorgeous wife, family, friends, hondas, bmx, loud metal

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (tantrik @ Dec 8 2007, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The key element of a team is organization.

Team tactics, member designation, etc. follows after a team is organized. Besides, you won't know from the start who's good with what, right? Not unless all your team members to be are seasoned airsoft players.

To organize a team you need a team by-laws in which you uphold. These may be formal or informal. What it does is it states a general rule such as the organizational structure, recruitment and member grades, etc.

Once you have that ready, recruit members. The founder should not be automatically the leader/team captain/president or any officer. In fact the first few members should be considered as co-founders. No single person can be a team founder, hence the name team.

Once you have this, play among yourselves. It takes several games, it could even take months, even years, to determine who does a specific role best.

Once you have this working, the next key element is comraderie. The worse thing that can happen in a team is self interest. Everyone should play his part for the team, not as an individual.

And the most important of all. Always have FUN. Don't get too seriuos, after all this is a game.

I have been into this sport since the late 80's. Trust me, don't get too seriuos.

I'll definitly agree with you, but I might add good communication or call signs
Tag: Kevin
Crew Tag: NJ Death Dealers
IPB Image

#14 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

No. The most important part of a team is having a bunch of people who all like each other, have the same vision for the team, get along on and off the field and are not d-bags. If you start from that, everything else will fall into place. The most successful teams grow, they are not built.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

#15 On_Point_X

On_Point_X
  • Interests:this stuff, my gorgeous wife, family, friends, hondas, bmx, loud metal

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

yea I agree with that WeeGee but than again some people don't hang out with each other if they arent playing.. I.E... when I played football every sunday the team was like a band of brothers.. but after the game we didnt hang out.. maybe once in a while
Tag: Kevin
Crew Tag: NJ Death Dealers
IPB Image

#16 Onikozah

Onikozah
  • Interests:Cars, Hockey, Basketball, drawing cars, playing my bass guitar, airsoft obviously. Also, I'm not Asian, my name is just some made up word.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:58 PM

A good way to build a team relationship is to have like a weekly meet. I'm not in any organized airsoft league, and I'm not on a designated team. Some friends and I just have skirmishes in people's yards or in the woods. After every game we always order a pizza or watch a movie and hang out so our teams are never strained and there are no arguments. I think friendship is the most important thing in any team, that should be your first concern. Weather it's watching a movie, or just hanging out, try to have weekly meets.

One of ASF's most popular sig makers...is locked out of the Sig Request Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users