to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Deleted Posts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bat21win

bat21win
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, computers

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

Posts that have terrible grammar, don't contribute to the discussion, have large amounts of the censored icons, or give incorrect information are all subject to deletion.

So if you did indeed make a useless post, don't repost it. If you have a serious inquiry, like you made a half page long post and don't know what happened to it, then pm a moderator. But don't waste their time.

Posts like this, especially:
yeh you shuld totaly get that gun

NecroPOST!!!

Exceptions will be made in obvious cases in the following forums:
Voting and Polls, Funny Stuff, Photos and Videos.

Edited by bat21win, 08 December 2007 - 01:02 PM.

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

So if your post "disappears", assume it was deleted and don't post it again.
PM a moderator if you have any questions as to why your post has been deleted.

Added, I knew I was forgetting to add something.~Bat

Edited by bat21win, 08 December 2007 - 01:03 PM.

#3 ilovemybike345

ilovemybike345
  • Interests:BMX<br /><br />Motorcycles<br /><br />Airsoft<br /><br />Barret M82's<br /><br />cars<br /><br />learning cool things.

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

Should we not even post saying "Reported" after we report a topic?
I do not know what the weapons of World War III will be fought with, but I guarantee you that the weapons of World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.- Albert Einstein

Im back!

#4 bat21win

bat21win

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (ilovemybike345 @ Dec 8 2007, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should we not even post saying "Reported" after we report a topic?

No, post that. If we decide it doesn't need to be closed, it will be deleted or edited out. Posting "reported" will hopefully prevent people from posting in the thread anymore.

#5 TheChinaManWithOpium

TheChinaManWithOpium
  • Interests:Mountain climbing, back-packing, hunting, camping, and most of all boating.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (bat21win @ Dec 8 2007, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[size=4]
Exceptions will be made in obvious cases in the following forums:
Voting and Polls, Funny Stuff, Photos and Videos.

Define "Funny Stuff." Everyone's humor is different... All because you think its not funny doesn't mean we think it isn't.

Just voicing my thought***
all trades for this member currently closed.

#6 bat21win

bat21win

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (TheChinaManWithOpium @ Dec 12 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Define "Funny Stuff." Everyone's humor is different... All because you think its not funny doesn't mean we think it isn't.

Just voicing my thought***

True.

The reason funny stuff is an exception, is because off-topic posts are the whole point of the forum. Now, if I think something is stupid or against the rules, I'll probably lock it, but in most cases I leave that forum alone. Because you're right, what's funny to you may not be funny to me.

The reason that the photo section is an exception, is because sometimes a reply of, "I like it", is appropriate.

Edited by bat21win, 13 December 2007 - 07:13 AM.

#7 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

I'm not so sure I like this rule Bat21win... I think we need to give them a break and not be to tightassed about it. I mean your examples just don't seem worthy of deletion IMO Now if on the other hand, someone comes around and posts stuff like,

"ya hlke askljsme if u wnat sum a susp;hf word."

Then obviously THAT should probably get deleted, but if its half way legible and understandable (like the above examples you gave) I don't see any harm in those. You might on the other hand PM the poster and advise that they may want to work on the grammar and literary skills, but deleting a post without a CLEAR reason, just doesn't make any sense to me.

I think we/you need to give people the freedom to express their thoughts (within reason). Otherwise we'd become a fascist dictatorship

So therefore, my vote is that you repeal that new rule please.
Posted Image
Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#8 bat21win

bat21win

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (admin @ Feb 16 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not so sure I like this rule Bat21win... I think we need to give them a break and not be to tightassed about it. I mean your examples just don't seem worthy of deletion IMO Now if on the other hand, someone comes around and posts stuff like,

"ya hlke askljsme if u wnat sum a susp;hf word."

Then obviously THAT should probably get deleted, but if its half way legible and understandable (like the above examples you gave) I don't see any harm in those. You might on the other hand PM the poster and advise that they may want to work on the grammar and literary skills, but deleting a post without a CLEAR reason, just doesn't make any sense to me.

I think we/you need to give people the freedom to express their thoughts (within reason). Otherwise we'd become a fascist dictatorship

So therefore, my vote is that you repeal that new rule please.

I replied via email giving my reasoning.

#9 desolator144

desolator144

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Well I didn't see anything about POSTS THAT ARE IN ALL CAPS cuz those are annoying too. If I see one, I'm sending them to my no caps training course biggrin.gif lol.gif

#10 bat21win

bat21win

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (desolator144 @ Mar 13 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I didn't see anything about POSTS THAT ARE IN ALL CAPS cuz those are annoying too. If I see one, I'm sending them to my no caps training course biggrin.gif lol.gif

|0|, n07 84d. |\/|4y83 wh3n 1 637 d0n3 7yp1n6 r34||y 73rr18|3y, 1'|| 4dd 17 70 7h3 6u1d3. ()r m4y83 1'|| ju57 60 637 4 |1f3 1n5734d...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users