to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Whats Your Pre Battle "ritual" Or Habit?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 c0dew0rd drag0n

c0dew0rd drag0n
  • Interests:Guns<br />Girls<br />Girls<br />Cars<br />Girls (haha, if I didnt already mention it)<br />AIRSOFT!<br />Snowboarding<br />Fixing/modifying junky airsoft guns<br />Building bunkers<br />Inventing cool stuff

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

does anyone have anything that they may do before a battle (other than load a-cheesy.gif ) that is unique? anything that you do, like touching a wall with the team logo on it before a football game kind of thing? Anything your team does to get pumped and or have good luck? I always pop my clip in at the last minute and and eat pasta before a big game.

Edited by c0dew0rd drag0n, 15 January 2008 - 12:30 PM.

When In Doubt, Snipe 'Em Out

#2 RadarGreg

RadarGreg
  • Interests:Airsoft, computers, astronomy<br /><br />I have 20+ years of government service; 5 years of that in the US Army. Combat deployments include:<br />Desert Shield/Storm<br />Bosnia(SFOR)<br />Albania(Task Force Hawk)<br />Kosovo(KFOR)<br />Iraq(OIF) 5 Rotations<br />Afghanistan(OEF) 2 Deployments<br />

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

A ritual, like putting super glue in the opposing team's magazines before a game? Nope, not me. a-wink.gif
~~~~~~~~~
~RadarGreg~
~~~~~~~~~

#3 longbow419

longbow419

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."

• Elite
  • 1,354 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, soccer, lacrosse, basketball

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

I personally disassemble my rifle completely, clean and lube every internal part, and then put it back together. I also check to make sure that my scope is zeroed. After that, I just wait. a-laugh.gif
The ASF awards: proof that a regular member can make a difference

#4 USMC_Irishsniper

USMC_Irishsniper

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

Make sure my rifle is cleaned and set for shooting. Eat a small snack, grainola bar, candy bar, something like that. Say a little prayer and calm myself down. Then sit back quietly and observe my team. Im thinking who looks experienced, who looks noobish, and who looks like me. Some one who is calm, quiet, and reserved before the game. Taking everything into to consideration before the game. Then as soon as the whistle blows, Im off on my mission to provide silent death.

Edited by USMC_Irishsniper, 17 January 2008 - 12:29 PM.

A hardcore airsofter is not always someone who has TMs, camouflage, and all that stuff. A hardcore airsofter can be someone who buys from Big 5, plays in normal clothes, and even has all springers. It all depends on their heart. If you believe this too, put this in your sig.

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share." -Ned Dolan

"For G0d so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."-John 3:16

#5 c0dew0rd drag0n

c0dew0rd drag0n
  • Interests:Guns<br />Girls<br />Girls<br />Cars<br />Girls (haha, if I didnt already mention it)<br />AIRSOFT!<br />Snowboarding<br />Fixing/modifying junky airsoft guns<br />Building bunkers<br />Inventing cool stuff

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (USMC_Irishsniper @ Jan 17 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure my rifle is cleaned and set for shooting. Eat a small snack, grainola bar, candy bar, something like that. Say a little prayer and calm myself down. Then sit back quietly and observe my team. Im thinking who looks experienced, who looks noobish, and who looks like me. Some one who is calm, quiet, and reserved before the game. Taking everything into to consideration before the game. Then as soon as the whistle blows, Im off on my mission to provide silent death.

thats hardcore... you sound like a professional sniper... like the-guy-in-the-corner-with-the-hood kinda guy. all I gotta say is:

HOOAH! a-salute.gif

Edited by c0dew0rd drag0n, 17 January 2008 - 12:34 PM.

#6 profiler

profiler

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

Ieatfood.Ipoop.

Edited by profiler, 17 January 2008 - 02:27 PM.

Sucesfull transactions with: EvilJester, Invisible Sniper, trademark, CamoBetaAK, Mr.Burns

#7 Guerrilla Fighter

Guerrilla Fighter
  • Interests:Harrison High School Football, Wrestling, lacrosse, dating, hunting, hanging out w/ friends, best trombone player at Harrison, Anything military related, antique firearms, reenacting of the Vietnam War Era &amp; WWII<br />Oh yah, &amp; airsoft<br /><br />

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

I plug in my Ipod before a game & I always
listen to this song called "Rooster" by Alice in Chains
I've been doing that quiet frequently now

#8 M50SNIPER

M50SNIPER
  • Interests:Airsoft, airsoft guns, airsoft scrimmages, and airsoft ops.

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

I like to make a visual map of the place from where I have been on the field, decide the best sniping spot, different situations and how I should react, and also I like to just chill out and think a little.

#9 makeshift warrior

makeshift warrior
  • Interests:airsoft, video games, and some more airsoft, food, music

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

usually I on the night before a game I lay on my bed next to my guns in the dark and listen to Rammstein
than when I wake up I have raman then right before the fight my team and me all shoot eachother to show our um toughness to the other team a-laugh.gif we're effin crazy
when people cannot settle their differences they revert to the one thing man knows best, war

#10 Matt

Matt

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

Well I usually just drink some water, eat a snack, inspect my rifle. Walk around to see other peoples rifles and wished that I had it, or if their gun sucks I can still feel good bout mines.=)
Always fear a Sniper, unless you encounter him from behind...

#11 Afrosamurai

Afrosamurai

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

I usually just pop in my south saturn delta cd
listen to power of soul (Band of Gypsies) in my room
and just chill...

^You Know You want one

#12 Fluke

Fluke

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

Listen to Long Tall Sally and offer people beef jerkey. If they say no, then I utter a one liner from a very awesome movie.

#13 Long Bow

Long Bow
  • Interests:I snowboard a lot, play guitar, eat, and play airsoft

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

I talk about what other guns (on the other team)are being used with my team. devise a plan, and make sure I have extra bb's. then I load up. BIBS
TEAR DOWN THIS WALL
Delta
5 Company Airsoft

He who defends everywhere defends nowhere.
I HAS A CRAYON!

#14 Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

I actually haven't been in a game but I heard the Navy Seals pump themselves up the day before a big operation. Usually by listening to music. Again this is what I heard. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#15 c0dew0rd drag0n

c0dew0rd drag0n

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

that sounds right, thats what I do a-grin.gif and yes, the person Longbow is on my airsoft team, idk y he posted here... lol Newbie. jk!! jk!! lol keep em comin guys and girls

#16 hobocommando

hobocommando
  • Interests:Hunting <br />target shooting<br />camping <br />hiking<br />fishing<br />sushi<br />ska music<br />a little bit of skateboarding

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

The night before I listen to eye of the tiger by survivor and then I head bunt the wall a-angry.gif get angry and the blood lust will rise.. Then before the battle I drink sobe no fear a-cheesy.gif

#17 hobocommando

hobocommando
  • Interests:Hunting <br />target shooting<br />camping <br />hiking<br />fishing<br />sushi<br />ska music<br />a little bit of skateboarding

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Fluke @ Jan 24 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listen to Long Tall Sally and offer people beef jerkey. If they say no, then I utter a one liner from a very awesome movie.

What line is that.

#18 billoniboy

billoniboy
  • Interests:airsoft, bikeing, snow boarding, sniping, shooting real guns, hunting,

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Its not really what I do before a game, its what I do during, but since this is a before game question. I drink a can of vault, tripple check my guns (double checked and cleaned them the night before) eat some leftovers out of the fridge, and an adrenaline pumping war verse out of the bible. During a game I pray before every shot, got the idea from "Saving Pvt. Ryan" (the sniper in that movie is basically a future me a-grin.gif including the southern acsent)

IF YOUR ALL FOR BANING CLEAR GUNS PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG (and give me credit)
IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN A SNIPER AND A SNIPER RIFLE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG

#19 njsniper

njsniper
  • Interests:Airsoft<br /><br />Airsoft Replicas<br /><br />Military <br /><br />Engineering<br /><br />Family<br /><br />Sniping<br /><br />Girls

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

Well I normally check my gun, load up, and listen to "What Ive done" by Linkin park. Then I go and look at the area we are going into and pick a good holding spot for if we loose ground. Usally then I go and wait for the game to start.
QUOTE (Kavurcen @ Jul 31 2010, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, it's called a "donkey dong", lul.

#20 Fluke

Fluke

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

From the first Predator. When Jesse Ventura is in the helicopter and offering everyone some chew. Other than that usually joke around with all the other players. It seems NC is a very different place to play airsoft than anywhere else.

#21 kx6593

kx6593
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />JROTC<br />Xbox 360<br />Guitar<br />Military<br />Movies<br />Music

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

I always have to zero in my sights five minuets before the match starts, if not I'm paranoid and keep thinking they're inaccurate.

Thanks Aqua!

#22 Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:07 AM

"Its not really what I do before a game, its what I do during, but since this is a before game question. I drink a can of vault, tripple check my guns (double checked and cleaned them the night before) eat some leftovers out of the fridge, and an adrenaline pumping war verse out of the bible. During a game I pray before every shot, got the idea from "Saving Pvt. Ryan" (the sniper in that movie is basically a future me including the southern acsent)"

What Bible verse is that? I myself am a Christian so obviously I'm curious. Never saw the movie but heard about how he recites a Bible verse before each shot.

#23 Doc

Doc
  • Interests:Trained SWAT Medic<br />NR EMT-B

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:22 AM

Some of you guys..... wow

I am usually talking with my team members about various thing
Normally get mauled by the team leaders golden retriever, so get a few licks from him
im normally going over things in my head as I am the 2nd in command of SOT
talking to the other team leader about initial plans

We normally say a group prayer before the game and then have a safety briefing.

I guess the only thing I do habitual is check my radio, hydration pack, and my Medical Kit.
then I am goodtogo
If you need to contact me, my AIM is always on. aim: thominatorX
Doc's Guide to CQB | Guide to Heat Injuries | How to treat for Shock | Doc's M14

#24 M50SNIPER

M50SNIPER
  • Interests:Airsoft, airsoft guns, airsoft scrimmages, and airsoft ops.

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

since I cant edit my other post ill add on. I also listen to The Reason by Hoobastank . I also make sure my scope is aligned, everything is working, read some of my kills, sleep, or think about how to make my sniping the best it can be.

Edited by M50SNIPER, 30 January 2008 - 08:08 PM.

#25 takedown.

takedown.

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Make sure all of my gear is all squared away and I have everything that I will need. Hydrate, then after water maybe a redbull with the guys. I used to have a cigarette but I quit that, so I just mentally prepare and calm my nerves, get the guys hyped up, and head out.
Primary: JG SR 16
Sidearm: TM Sig P226 Rail

And if the Army or the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes
They will see that the streets are guarded
by United States Marines

#26 billoniboy

billoniboy
  • Interests:airsoft, bikeing, snow boarding, sniping, shooting real guns, hunting,

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I don't know, it depends on how im fealing that day, when im sniping, I usually just say some small prayer like "guide my shot, steady my aim" or something like that, the bible verses I read before the game are just some scripture about war, or something like that, one I like to read sometimes Is about the sword of the spirit, etc, the verses that go through the armor and helmet and sheild etc. Another one I like to read is the one about that guy with long hair and is super strong, been a while sence I read that one but I still like it, just think of any place in the bible were combat is happening, ive probobly read it.

IF YOUR ALL FOR BANING CLEAR GUNS PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG (and give me credit)
IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN A SNIPER AND A SNIPER RIFLE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG

#27 jpetrov

jpetrov

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (billoniboy @ Jan 31 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, it depends on how im fealing that day, when im sniping, I usually just say some small prayer like "guide my shot, steady my aim" or something like that, the bible verses I read before the game are just some scripture about war, or something like that, one I like to read sometimes Is about the sword of the spirit, etc, the verses that go through the armor and helmet and sheild etc. Another one I like to read is the one about that guy with long hair and is super strong, been a while sence I read that one but I still like it, just think of any place in the bible were combat is happening, ive probobly read it.

I do believe you are referring to Samson, where if his hair was cut he lost his awesome strength. Anyway, I personally just double-check that my guns are loaded and safeties are off, and that my eye protection is secure. Not really what you could call a pre-battle ritual. Maybe I should start burning incensed candles. I've got a book on what kinds of incense do what when burned in a candle (I.e. give you more luck, boost your energy, make you happy, etc. The generally occult kinda stuff.) but I have no clue where it is. When I find it I'll have to try the candles, see if they work a-thumbsup.gif

#28 flammenwerfer

flammenwerfer

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

I always listen to ASP's Ich Bin Ein Wahrer Satan or Rammstein's Feuer Frei! to get pumped. Then I run the cleaning rod down my barrel. Next comes the energy bar. Finally, I crack every bone that I can in my body to "loosen up".

#29 c0dew0rd drag0n

c0dew0rd drag0n

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

good deal! keep em comin! anyone got n e funny rituals or things you just have to do? like wear a certain shirt? and the religion stuff is cool, I noticed alot of religion being mentioned, very cool! some good pre-game ideas. keep em comin!

#30 c0dew0rd drag0n

c0dew0rd drag0n

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

the bible stuff=cool! come on ppl, theres gotta be more pre game stuff!

Edited by c0dew0rd drag0n, 06 February 2008 - 11:39 AM.

#31 Vegas

Vegas

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:33 AM

I look around me and wish I had some of the gear they had a-wink.gif

#32 Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (c0dew0rd drag0n @ Feb 6 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the bible stuff=cool! come on ppl, theres gotta be more pre game stuff!

Sorry for getting off topic but are you a fellow Christian?
Back on topic. I haven't been to a game yet but when I go and play laser tag I usually pray and listen to either Kryptonite, some Chris Daughtry or listen to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Yes, I know it's classicl music but thats my type of music (can't stand rap).
I know its laser tag but it's my closest yet.

#33 irock762

irock762
  • Interests:Baseball<br />Golf<br />Reading<br />(who would have guessed) Airsoft

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

all the christan stuff is awsome personally I am catholic, maybe we should start a topic about religoin, that would be kool, lol
go fighting irish

96.4% of teens would die if ambercrombie and fitch said it was "uncool" to breathe. Put this in your sig if you would be 1 of the 3.6% that would die from laughing.
Airsoft armory:JG G36K, Crosman stinger P9, Well P90

#34 Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

I agree. It would be neat to see who on this site are Christian. a-grin.gif

#35 Frosty87

Frosty87

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:04 AM

I usually shoot myself in the foot with my pistol and fill my mouth with BBs.

#36 Choffman10

Choffman10

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

I was born goodtogo.

Other than that, I just eat two Thomas cinnamon raison English muffins for breakfast, but I do that everyday.

#37 Fluke

Fluke

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

Do not start a topic on religion. Whatever your faith may be, thats great for you, but too many people on both sides of the religeous spectrum cannot hold a civilized debate over the issue so it is best left alone. On a positve note. tomorrow is Long Tall Sally day!

#38 longbow419

longbow419

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."

• Elite
  • 1,354 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, soccer, lacrosse, basketball

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (irock762 @ Feb 8 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all the christan stuff is awsome personally I am catholic, maybe we should start a topic about religoin, that would be kool, lol

That is not a good idea. It would only begin a flame war beyond repare about certain beliefs.
The ASF awards: proof that a regular member can make a difference

#39 musicman4763

musicman4763

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Hmmm...my ritual. Since I haven't been to a battle yet, idk. But I plan on lubing and cleaning my gun the previous night, get all my gear out and packed, get to bed early. Then eat a breakfast without dairy (if its hot out or u run a lot and u had even a little milk in your cerial....I hope u got some pepto in ur sack or got a crapper somewhere around), get to the area 2 hours early, scout the playing feild and enemy a bit, then pump up whoever I scout to get in a group with and have an amazing time!
Whoever said airsoft was cheap obviously had a brain tumor
www.dj-danny.com

#40 c0dew0rd drag0n

c0dew0rd drag0n

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

btw, to answer the question, yes im christian. not to tick n e one of, cuz I don't want to start a religion fight. but keep em comin! anyone got n e funny ones? those are always good to hear. keep em comin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users