to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Whats Your Pre Battle "ritual" Or Habit?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 carbonfibreguy

carbonfibreguy

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Pray.

LOL, not really. I just sit around and sleep until it starts.

asfaegjudgeuserbar.jpg
Carbonsig2.jpg106j5hf.gif
^^^Props to KOPER for the awesome sig^^^

Ask Carbon thread~

#122 xDarkx

xDarkx
  • Interests:Well, other than airsoft, I do enjoy skateboarding, and playing guitar. If you wanna chat, or are curious about anything I said, or wanna buy something, just PM me with ANY questions :)

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

Meditation, chants, and prayers? You guys are hardcore ;)

I'll examine my gun, plan some strategies, and have a small discussion of plan with team, but thats about it :P Haven't been to any major ops or anything like that, just small skirmishes.

#123 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

You guys listen to the wimp music,

I listen to,

TDWP
Haste The Day
Breaking Benjamin
The Prodigy
Various Dubstep
Muse
Slipknot
Various rammstein.

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#124 carbonfibreguy

carbonfibreguy

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (airsoftking95 @ Aug 7 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys listen to the wimp music,

I listen to,

TDWP
Haste The Day
Breaking Benjamin
The Prodigy
Various Dubstep
Muse
Slipknot
Various rammstein.

^^^That is wimp music...

asfaegjudgeuserbar.jpg
Carbonsig2.jpg106j5hf.gif
^^^Props to KOPER for the awesome sig^^^

Ask Carbon thread~

#125 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (carbonfibreguy @ Aug 8 2010, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^That is wimp music...

haha I know a-laugh.gif

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#126 Arrowana

Arrowana
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cycling, Music (Metal, almost all sub-genres), Video Games, Photography, and umm.... other stuff.

• My Temperament:2,2,10,11

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

In the past it's been drink lots of water beforehand, arrive early, start getting ready too late, and miss at least part of the briefing. I should probably work on that some... I usually listen to music on the way there, but nothing specific. I'm thinking if I decide to listen to a specific song before each game, I'd probably pick Sankarihauta by Moonsorrow.

#127 dario the scott

dario the scott

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Listen to Franz Ferdinand a wee bit, get weapons ready, and after briefing kill me some japs, (haha just kidding about the japs,) kill me some enemies.
They sent me to the asylum when I actually started to like airsoft.

#128 ohmuhgurth

ohmuhgurth
  • Interests:Airsoft, competitive gaming, studying history, reading literature, studying guns, hunting, shooting, and music (different variations of metal preferred)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

I get my gear ready the night before, check it before I put it all on, and recheck it once it's all on. I normally help my team mates get their gear on and prep their stuff (they don't like to prepare much beforehand >.<) once my multiple checks on myself are finished. After all of that, we all sit around and choose battle buddies, should someone get separated. We try to stay in a squad, but stuff happens and people get separated. Once the game starts, I lead my team in the direction I think we would be most effective and we leave a trail of plastic death behind us.

#129 SodaCopter

SodaCopter

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

[quote name='Keith Hartenbauer' date='Feb 17 2008, 11:39 AM' post='17611982']
[I first make sure that I never drank or ate caffeine, especially in the afternoon. Caffeine can actually mess up your night vision, and our games usually end up going till night.] Lol I learned that the hard way. me and my cousin were having a night(nerf) war and I loaded up on two monsters an hour before. as soon as the game started I had to blink a cople times to make sure I was looking at his face and not a chair. a-skeptical.gif every once in a while I'd see a ghost (him) and try to shoot right in front of its ghost image following it (u no, like ((( follows 0) I have no idea how I won that war...
QUOTE (Slayer750 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my gun jamed and I didnt not no wut 2 do so I threw a smoke gernade for distraction and I worked on my gun jam but sudenly teh gun starded shootin little bunny rabbits and I kiled the hole rest of teh othr teem. So then I becam the hero of the field and I maed some frends

#130 Crysalisx

Crysalisx

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

I haven't had any real battles because there arent many people who live near me who play airsoft, but as far as bands go, I like:
Black Sabbath
Iron maiden
Dio
Ozzy
Metallica
Disturbed
Breaking Benjamin
Three Days Grace
Linkin Park

I think they are all great bands.
PS: Ozzy says Fairies Wear Boots. Look it up. a-salute.gif

Edited by Crysalisx, 28 August 2010 - 12:10 AM.

Airsoft GI G4A3.
QUOTE (renegadecow @ Aug 27 2012, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's gotta be the saddest thing I've ever read.
"Yo guys, my physical exhaustion is getting too real."

98.476% of all forum-goers have a made up statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 1.524% that doesn't, put this in your sig.

#131 THEdtw

THEdtw
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Gaming, Girls, and Airsoft.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Every time before a skirmish, me and my group listen to Scream Aim Fire by Bullet For My Valentine.

PP

#132 kedvaledrummer

kedvaledrummer

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

#133 chitoryu12

chitoryu12

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Every match today I had the same routine: flip my gun to semi, fire two or three shots into the dirt to make sure it was loading properly, flip it to safe, and putz around adjusting my mask until it's not a torture device.

#134 shlunka

shlunka
  • Interests:Philosophy, airsoft, anything mechanical, complicated things, guitar.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

I plug my ipod into a speaker set and pump some CCR.
Click HERE to join the ASF Chatroom!

#135 xpoqx

xpoqx
  • Interests:I'm intrested in things that will keep me out of trouble, or more trouble like airsoft.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:32 AM

Start two days before the operation and review the AO for the op. Assembly all my gear in my room for and build my kit for the op, last op it was CQB inside a building so took my black chest rig and and put pouches on it. x8 M4 mags, x4 1911 mags, a radio pouch, misc pouch, put my hydration bladder in, put x4 M4 buddy mag pouch on my back, put 4x M4 mag pouches on my drop leg platform, put together my 1911 attachment on my serpa drop leg unit, got my dump pouch, my shegmah. googles and civi's as I was going as a CIA SAD operator. Put the kit on, grab my rifle and run a mile on the treadmill as fast as I possible can with my kit.

Fill the mags, load the mags, preform mag dumps with my rifle and pistol to ensure proper working order of the magazines. Replace O-rings and and springs if nesccary. Refill mags and reload mags. Attach optics to my rifle. for the last op it was a mock Aimpoint Comp3 and magnifier. Sight in optics. Stow my sight rifle and pistol in pelican case. Remove my kit, place in duffle bag

Eat a large carb filled meal before the op useally iltalian food like pasta, drink powerade. Show up fill mags, load mags, load speed loaders, fill hydration bladder with water, gear up. Attend pre-breifing. Review map of AO and take mental note of it. Go back and sit with my stuff and relax, clear my brain of everything.

Watch the rituals of others, as they blast music to us, or to their head phones, pray, all go the the bathroom at once (indicative a pre-game drug use) watch as they all devour high sugar snacks and kill enegergy drinks unaware of the fact they will crash mid-game, be sluggish moving from cover as a result of the sugar and get mauled by me. And most importantly, laugh at those of the community who entered the bathroom with their team to get c@#$%& up or smoke a doobie. As they will be too geeked or high to be able to fight at capacity.

Last op, I came around a corner and dumped a mag into a 6 man team who I watched smoke a doobie before the game. had they not been high... they probablly woulda herad me running up on them and had a chance of killing me as I was not in my soft souled stealth boots. Killed all 5 but was unsure, so I drew my pistol and shot the last two in line with it.

Edited by xpoqx, 08 December 2011 - 03:36 AM.

"They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same." -Job 4;8

#136 Pockets

Pockets

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Depending on the magnitude of the event (pick-up, event, OP, etc.). I'd start with selecting my loadout the previous day, then cleaning said loadout, then setting it up so I can just grab-n-go. Then I rest and re-hydrate. On the day of, I'll get my cammie's on, and wear them around all day, then about an hour or so earlier than when people start showing up, I'll get all my gear together and do a spot check on my weapons. I'll help out the "guests" with getting their gear together, then It's go time! That's about it. But if I'm going to be sniping that day, I'll take about an hour nap out in a bush somewhere in a ditch before the game, just to make myself feel awesome.

Cookies for Cheaters
"Beatings will continue, until morale improves."

#137 Viper22

Viper22

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

I generally just load my mags, drink some g-rade, and look completely BA while surveying the other team in my all black combat uniform, multicam, or my ghillie suit, depending on what I plan to do in the ensuing battle.
Loyalty, duty, respect, Selfless service, honor, integrity, Personal courage

#138 Viper22

Viper22

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Guerrilla Fighter @ Jan 17 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I plug in my Ipod before a game & I always
listen to this song called "Rooster" by Alice in Chains
I've been doing that quiet frequently now

great song btw
Loyalty, duty, respect, Selfless service, honor, integrity, Personal courage

#139 VAairsoft

VAairsoft

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

1. Alter Bridge
2. Meditate
3. Pray

#140 Roland1014

Roland1014
  • Interests:Xbox<br />RC Helicopters<br />

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Break my thumbs sitting around and trying to speedload all of my mags a-crazy.gif

We always do a briefing too, going over rules and regs.
QUOTE (The Vainguard @ Jul 17 2010) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They need to make a CNCed Steel Hopup unit to go along with the barrel... Hmmm my 5-7 project is gonna be fun.

#141 DocPeligro

DocPeligro
  • Interests:my wife and daughter, death metal, guns, beer

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Roland1014 @ Apr 19 2012, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Break my thumbs sitting around and trying to speedload all of my mags a-crazy.gif

We always do a briefing too, going over rules and regs.

I usually do all my prep like that the night before. Usually my pregame ritual is waiting in my living room for my friends and family who are going with me to show up then we carpool to the field which is like three minutes from my house. Then I wait for them to load their stuff in a hurry as we get there because they're always late.
Soldier, you need to turn off that ACOG before the batteries die on you

#142 BigLDeuces

BigLDeuces

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

We don't really have a ritual but in the car on the way to the field we always listen to our battle song, The Final Countdown by Europe :)

#143 Detroit

Detroit

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

My team and I meet up and one of our houses the night before and recite a poem by Chief Tecumseh while we clean our rifles. Kinda like a Riflemans Creed:

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Hunting down commies since 2011.

#144 1911 Warrior

1911 Warrior

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

The day before I test fire/practice with my guns, clean them, and dream about how awesome I will be the next day.
KWA KM4A1

WE 1911 MEU

UTG Tri Shot

KWA G19 - FOR SALE - PM Me

#145 VtViper

VtViper

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I usually wake up after spending the night at my friend's house. We eat a massive breakfast and sit down cleaning, checking and loading our gear while listening to music. We suit up and head out. Brings a lot of memories.

#146 Captain Offense

Captain Offense
  • Interests:When you're married, those interests are regulated by authorized personel.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (VtViper @ Apr 12 2013, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually wake up after spending the night at my friend's house. We eat a massive breakfast and sit down cleaning, checking and loading our gear while listening to music. We suit up and head out. Brings a lot of memories.

Step 1.) Get Mt. Dew
Step 2.) Blare loud music in the go kart
Step 3.) Get pissed at your buddy for crashing the go kart
Step 4.) Noise draws enemies
Step 5.) Kick some butt, and call it a night.

"A mishap is an adventure wrongly considered, an adventure is a mishap rightly considered." ~G.K. Chesterton~

#147 TaskForce00Pryde

TaskForce00Pryde

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:58 PM

Personally, the night before the game I'll clean and prepare my gear, and get ready to go. Ill relax at home, have a square meal and mentally prepare myself for the next day.

On game day, I carpool with my team, we get breakfast, blast some tunes and shoot the :pain: on the way to the field, getting all the pre-game jitters out of the way. Once the car goes into park and were loaded up, a quick morale boosting session ensues, and then we play.

"Never go down without a fight, but never fight without just cause."

-Task Force 00 

#148 Akdust

Akdust
  • Interests:Airsoft, Warhammer, Opthalmic Studies.

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

I'll always prep gear the night before, and double check it just before game. Protien snacks and water before the game, stare awkwardly at the kids downing energy drinks that would put me into an allergenic fit, and check Comms channels with the others.

As for music I'm a bit odd...

"Ecce Gratum" by Qntal

"Out of Control" by Trapt

"Weapon of Choice" by Fatboy Slim

as well as Marylin Manson, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, and Papa Roach.

#149 hpahooligan

hpahooligan

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Listen to some "gold"-by kiiara through my headphones, get out my tippmann m4 (great gun, get it) and clean it up. After that, I start tagging my peers with a rubber knife.

#150 hpahooligan

hpahooligan

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Listen to some "gold"-by kiiara through my headphones, get out my tippmann m4 (great gun, get it) and clean it up. After that, I start tagging my peers with a rubber knife.

#151 TheRevolverProject

TheRevolverProject

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

I probably try to befriend the YouTuber in the area and make team Youtuber :D Or I sneak out of the start area (Far Left or Far Right, never forward), lay down, pull out my 5-7 lay it down on my right, pull out my DSR1 and aim. close my eyes and fire the first five shots blind once the game starts

#152 xXElementClanXx

xXElementClanXx
  • Interests:Guitarist,Gamer,Metal head,Gun nut,runner,Airsofter,Furry

• My Temperament:Choleric

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

I usually do a weapons check with my team, we talk about plans(certain players and area to avoid, cover to head to first), listen to Alestorm (pirate metal), and we all scream in unison "This is my rifle, this is my gun! This is for fight and this is for fun!" 

"You wanna get used to a cqb arena? CALL YOUR HIT CALL YOUR HIT!!!!" -RageQuit003

"Trying to impress people who hate you is a big waste of time." - M. Shadows 

" One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus and I'm gonna run, I'm gonna run into the woods, and I'm never gonna come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master! And I'm never coming back! And when I come back I'm bringing out Avenged Sevenfold!" - The Rev (Reverend Tholomew Plague)

"When people doubt your abilities, the greatest joy on earth is making them eat their words"- Zacky Vengeance 

#153 GoogGun

GoogGun
  • Interests:Airsoft, Guns, Paintball, Running, Writing

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

Brief the team and drink a monster energy! :w00t2:

Who is goog gun? Google it.

#154 norseman

norseman

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

I water, feed and saddle my horse, while listening to.....

I then stand in the mirror and draw my colt single action army 10 times real fast.

I then apply mustache wax to my mustache handlebars.

I adjust my cowboy hat and tighten my stampede strings under my chin.

Take a shot of whiskey for breakfast.

I then slide my Winchester lever action into its scabbard and climb into the saddle.

I then repeat my daily mantra to myself....

"Ride until I find them and kill them ALL!"

Edited by norseman, 23 August 2017 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users