Hello! My younger brother owns a CM.045 AK 74U replica, totally stock. There was a creepy girl lurking inside our yard and she refused to go away so my brother decided to show her the gun, but she was gone as soon as my brother came in (I was sleeping) minutes after my brother woke me up. He says his gun only shoots if he removes the grip, he showed me (trigger pulled 5 times only at this point) it was just like he said. I took the gun in my hand and inspected the cables, everything seemed all right and not broken or damaged. I fired the gun and huge sparks came from somewhere around the motor, I checked cables again and made sure they only touch with the connector on the motor, I fired once again and even larger sparks. I immediately checked the 7.4V Lipo battery in it and it was super hot with all the wirings included, tamiya melted. With some force applied I managed to disconnect the lipo, it countinued heating until the point the black plastic cover on it melted. So my question is, was the battery faulty or is the motor or wiring the problem?
Gun has not been used for more than 10 000 shots and is only 3 months old
He is used lipo on our last 2 airsoft matches which were only few hours long, no noticable heating
Fuse is undamaged
Cables were only removed from the motor once, to check my gun's trigger wiring (gearbox was not taken apart)
The gun is still (as far as I know) under warranty
The sparkles were orange and not blue
Once it started heating it kept heating until I removed the battery
EDIT: While I was writing this post my brother noticed that the tamiya is molten in a strange way, it looks like the metal connector part of the lipo connector did not go into the female part of the connector but rather pushed it asied and connected side to side, may this be the problem?