thenodnarb

Best Tightbore For Kjw M700

What is the best barrel (or top 3)for the KJW M700? I am shooting .43g bb's. Should I go with a 6.01, 6.03, 6.05? I want whatever is most accurate. If I can get most accurate and most powerful, then so be it.

What barrels designed for other models will fit my KJW? It is the takedown model BTW.

I use a dees 6.01 in my Tanaka, and its definitely good. A prometheus 6.01 would be the best but I doubt they make them compatable with KJW M700s, though they may.

I use a dees 6.01 in my Tanaka, and its definitely good. A prometheus 6.01 would be the best but I doubt they make them compatable with KJW M700s, though they may.

I think the KJW m700 rifles accept VSR inner barrels and have VSR style hop rubbers. Don't quote me. A fellow 6mm HUNTER has the takedown KJW so I'll find out at some stage.

Good Hunting :a-thumbsup:

I think the KJW m700 rifles accept VSR inner barrels and have VSR style hop rubbers. Don't quote me. A fellow 6mm HUNTER has the takedown KJW so I'll find out at some stage.

Good Hunting :a-thumbsup:

Well I heard that a psg-1 650mm barrel will work with some modifications, one of the mods is cutting it down to fit the KJW m700 takedown barrel length, which I measured at around 627mm.

Does anyone know How I should goa bout cutting it down? pipe cutter or high speed saw? I figure I'll probably have to de burr it one way or another. I wonder if a drill will work to taper it at the end. If anyone knows or has found an article on this, let me know. I'll be doing this friday.

Well I heard that a psg-1 650mm barrel will work with some modifications, one of the mods is cutting it down to fit the KJW m700 takedown barrel length, which I measured at around 627mm.

Does anyone know How I should goa bout cutting it down? pipe cutter or high speed saw? I figure I'll probably have to de burr it one way or another. I wonder if a drill will work to taper it at the end. If anyone knows or has found an article on this, let me know. I'll be doing this friday.

Just an update. I recieved my dees customs 6.01 tightbore. It was the PSG-1 650mm length. it had all the cuts in it needed to put in my KJW m700 takedown.(everything for hop up etc...) I simply drilled out the orange tip on my gun all the way through to accept the new barrel lencth. I used a 3/8" bit because I didn't have quite the right size bit. anyway, I racked up something like 20 kills in last saturday's game(OK 3 where with my side arm). I noticed far greater accuracy than before, and it might be shooting a little hotter as well. I think my farthest 1 shot kill that day was 75 yards(about 225ft) downhill. I am extremely happy with this barrel.

BTW I am shooting .43 straight bbs. I had the hop up all the way on and was getting some erratic and inconsistent shots. I turned down the hopup to about half and that greatly increased the consistency of shots(high/low). I still occasionaly get the bb that hooks way off to the side, but I think that that must be a deformed bb, since about 8 out of 10 shots are right on as far as accuracy goes. I want to experiment more with propane(I have the adapter already), a new hopup rubber (on the way)and possibly even some sort of v-hop if that is possible.

at any rate...MY GUN KICKS BUTT NOW!

Just an update. I recieved my dees customs 6.01 tightbore. It was the PSG-1 650mm length. it had all the cuts in it needed to put in my KJW m700 takedown.(everything for hop up etc...) I simply drilled out the orange tip on my gun all the way through to accept the new barrel lencth. I used a 3/8" bit because I didn't have quite the right size bit. anyway, I racked up something like 20 kills in last saturday's game(OK 3 where with my side arm). I noticed far greater accuracy than before, and it might be shooting a little hotter as well. I think my farthest 1 shot kill that day was 75 yards(about 225ft) downhill. I am extremely happy with this barrel.

BTW I am shooting .43 straight bbs. I had the hop up all the way on and was getting some erratic and inconsistent shots. I turned down the hopup to about half and that greatly increased the consistency of shots(high/low). I still occasionaly get the bb that hooks way off to the side, but I think that that must be a deformed bb, since about 8 out of 10 shots are right on as far as accuracy goes. I want to experiment more with propane(I have the adapter already), a new hopup rubber (on the way)and possibly even some sort of v-hop if that is possible.

at any rate...MY GUN KICKS BUTT NOW!

Nice to hear it is working better.

So will the barrel take the VSR rubber??? I would like to know as a fellow 6mm HUNTER has this rifle as a project gun and he has not decided which route to go down yet.

Is the 650mm length not protruding from the outer barrel or muzzle?

Good Hunting

Nice to hear it is working better.

So will the barrel take the VSR rubber??? I would like to know as a fellow 6mm HUNTER has this rifle as a project gun and he has not decided which route to go down yet.

Is the 650mm length not protruding from the outer barrel or muzzle?

Good Hunting

I am still finding out about the VSR hop rubber in this topic

The inner barrel is still probably at least 3/4 " from the end of the outer barrel.

Having not shot any other sniper rifle yet, I can't compare, but the Tightbore defintely helped

I use Deep Fire Tight Bore 6.02 (705mm) for PSG-1 that I machined to fit the hop up barrel. Its a simple procedure just puting the grove near the end of the barrel. I also used KN hop up for VSR-10 its a perfect fit. The accuracy is greatly improved. Also the FPS is increase quite significantly (don't have a chrono to prove it) but my KJW m700 now can shot a hole is a green gas can (Guarder Gas). I also used G&G striker spring in my M700.

Hope this help

I use Deep Fire Tight Bore 6.02 (705mm) for PSG-1 that I machined to fit the hop up barrel. Its a simple procedure just puting the grove near the end of the barrel. I also used KN hop up for VSR-10 its a perfect fit. The accuracy is greatly improved. Also the FPS is increase quite significantly (don't have a chrono to prove it) but my KJW m700 now can shot a hole is a green gas can (Guarder Gas). I also used G&G striker spring in my M700.

Hope this help

thanks! that does help. Means that I'll be ordering a v-hop for my KJW m700 now!

It was the PSG-1 650mm length.

Are you sure it's not the 622mm because to date I have not been able to find at 650mm DBC barrel. Also theres no way that its not sticking out of the outer barrel if it is 650mm. However I would like to know where you bought your barrel. OR how to get in contact with the DBC people. Thanks

I believe that DBC went out of business, but please check the last post date next time that you post in a thread. This is well over a year old. Next time, PM the person. Thanks!