Cappy

Kar-98 Scope Mount

I've been wanting to buy a Tanaka Kar98 for a while now, and I'm just wondering if anyone knew if a scope mount like this one I found on ebay would work. The dealer mentions that the most important factor is the mount width, but I'm not sure that this mount would work after looking at the answers to similar questions on this forum. Most people seem to feel that modifications need to be made to use something other than the original scope mount and I would prefer to avoid that, even though I greatly desire a Kar98. My need for practicality requires I spend $400+ on something I will actually shoot with in a game.

Sorry to inconvenience anyone but you will have to type this into the ebay search to find what I am speaking of...

Scout Rifle Weaver Base Scope Mount For Mauser K98 NEW

Edited by Cappy

"BEST GUN" (from Taiwan) make a KAR98 scope mount for 20mm rings. It's not exactly authentic, despite the nazi symbol on it. However it looks very practical and the guy I know with one on his G33 mountain carbine (Tanaka) has no problems with it. I can't tell you where to source it from, but thought this might help.

Good Hunting :a-wink:

"BEST GUN" (from Taiwan) make a KAR98 scope mount for 20mm rings. It's not exactly authentic, despite the nazi symbol on it. However it looks very practical and the guy I know with one on his G33 mountain carbine (Tanaka) has no problems with it. I can't tell you where to source it from, but thought this might help.

Good Hunting :a-wink:

Thanks! I needed to know that before I decided to buy the rifle. I will enjoy hunting with it, believe me! :a-laugh:

However, and I may just be an idiot, I can't seem to find a store that sells the Best Gun mount for a Kar98. If anyone could put me in the right direction, that would be helpful. Otherwise I just look through random websites and go crazy.

Edited by Cappy

Thanks! I needed to know that before I decided to buy the rifle. I will enjoy hunting with it, believe me! :a-laugh:

However, and I may just be an idiot, I can't seem to find a store that sells the Best Gun mount for a Kar98. If anyone could put me in the right direction, that would be helpful. Otherwise I just look through random websites and go crazy.

The mounts are no longer made. You can get a replica Long side rail mount thats an exact copy of the ones from WWII for 200$ with all the needed equipment to install plus inserts to fit a 1'' scope.

If some one find some original replica scope rings to fit a ZF4 (not the ZF41 that offer tanaka...and that I had ;/) just pm me or post it.

I appreciate anything in that direction.