to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
octorfunk

Most Overrated Camo

Which camoflauge pattern is the most overrated?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Which color is the most overrated?

• OD
    • Black
    • Coyote Tan
    • Other
  2. 2. Which camoflauge pattern is the most overrated?

• Woodland
    • MARPAT
    • ACU
    • Digital Desert
    • Multicam
    • Tigerstripe
    • Tri-color Desert
    • Other

1. Which color is overrated?

Coyote tan is very much overrated. Sure, it looks good with some kits, but does it really fit most situations? I think OD is a much better multi-purpose color. It doesn't stick out as much as black or tan, and goes nicely with any green-based uniform, and even looks decent with tan-based uniforms.

2. Which camoflauge pattern is more overrated?

Multicam is ridiculously overrated. People talk about it like it makes the user invisible, and it's ungodly expensive. In my personal opinion, multicam is simply what's popular right now. It's fairly new, it looks different, it's expensive, so of course people want it.

Edited by octorfunk

better off naked..

:a-shocked:

But yeah, I voted the same. Woodland is really crappy. And black doesn't have much use.

tigerstripe is uselesss... unless u play in a jungle, but for the most part, not worth it I think

tigerstripe is uselesss... unless u play in a jungle, but for the most part, not worth it I think

Eh, there are different shades of tigerstripe. Its great at night in a woodland enviroment.

Guest fcuk420
I think black is overrated; simply because you'd be better off naked.

For patterns, I think Woodland is overrated. It's outdated, and doesn't work as great as everyone claims.

black has a secological effect on your enemies

Pink is over rated. :) I voted other.

For patterns, definately ACU. Everybody knows digital is stupid. You look like you came from a video game. Also, with black, you can hide in shadows. :)

Digital patterns are used because they cause confusion between the human eye and the brain (subconsciously), making it harder to focus on the wearer.

ACU in a desert/urban environment is great, but it is not perfect for all environments (woodland).

the only use for black is at night

Actually, black is not even good at night, because once your eyes adjust to the darkness, you don't blend in. It's better to be the same color as your surroundings.

I think black is overrated; simply because you'd be better off naked.

For patterns, I think Woodland is overrated. It's outdated, and doesn't work as great as everyone claims.

There is no way Woodland is overratted, just overused. I think it works just great.

Multicam is way too overrated, it does not even work that well where I play. In a dark green woods.

Black is overrated, I hate seeing a black crossdraw on woodland, it looks terrible and works worse.

You know, I was thinking of getting a black vest, and using the right BDU's for the situation. But maybe not since its overrated, and what you guys said....

I live in NJ, so a woodland-ish one should be fine. I was never sure...any advice?

Otherwise, I hate ACU. There is no situation where it works...

Edited by Iku Tri

I think most people are confusing the definition of the word "overrated."

ACU's are hardly overrated; if anything they are underrated since it has become the popular thing to bag on them. ACUs actually DO work if used in the correct environment. Most people live in a woodland environment, so ACUs, along with DCUs, are ineffective. However, where I play (California desert) ACU blends in pretty damn well.

/rant

As for colors, I think Coyote Tan is most overrated; I see many people using it where OD would blend much better..

In patterns, I think MARPAT is the most overrated. I don't see it being able to work any better than normal BDUs, which are much cheaper. Multicam is a close #2 though...

multicam is supposed to be this super amazing camo that allows the user to blend in anywhere. Truth is no camo is that good I guess it all depends on the area. Multicam is pretty good for desert an arid areas. Personally I like cadpat for woodland it has the distortion of your figure like acu without the /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/ awful and stupid colors.

Multicam is fairly overrated. Despite it's hype; however, I'd have to say it's camouflaging capability (depending upon terrain of course) is one of the highest however.

It's a damn shame the U.S. army chose the ACUs instead. Up with the multicam I'd also put (once again considering terrain) the old swiss Alpenflage, British desert DPM, Canadian CADPAT, U.S. MARPAT.

The ACUs are the most overrated for a few reasons. For one, they do look cool - WHEN THEY ARE CLEAN. They fade extremely fast, you can't put them into the dryer, and the conditions in which the camo actually helps is limited. And the most horrific part is the velcro - what's so great about velcro. Sucks for stealth, and ultimately you're cargo pants aren't going to be able to hold all that much. On the plus side it does take into account vests so there's really no pockets on your chest and you can insert knee and elbow pads (but why wouldn't you just wear them on the outside?

ACU works great in desert environments with light brush- similar to wear I play in South Cali. I do NOT think it is underrated, as its a very good camo, but there ARE better camos for different scenarios- MARPAT for woodland for example. Black is definitely the most useless "camo" if you can call it that. I think the old BDU's are pretty overrated.

Why would the US Army pick Multicam over ACU? ACU works alot better in Urban Desert environments then Multicam.

Mulitcam is overatted. It was cool when it first came out, now its just Airsofters camo.

As for colors, I think Coyote Tan is most overrated; I see many people using it where OD would blend much better..

I have to dissagree with you. CT/CB is made and works in woodland just as good if not better then OD. Most of the stuff you see probably isnt true CT/CB anyways, most likely normal Tan.

Edited by Naked_Snake

I'd just like to pose a quick question...

If all this digital stuff is so overrated, why are so many of today's world powers adopting it? I mean you have the Canadians, the Italians, the South Koreans, and not to mention yours truly, the Americans, all using digital stuff. I highly doubt that arguably the best fighting force in the world would have decided to spend the millions of dollars developing and distributing new camo just because

You look like you came from a video game.

And honestly, I find black completely useless. My friends always try to pick their way through through the bushes and I just look for their black clothing. Granted we never play night time games, so don't argue with me there :a-wink:

The most overrated is black and multicam.

I was suprised to see ACU so high, many airsofters I know don't even wear it! Ive never seen a thread on it either. I think that people think its overrated because the Army uses it.

I am decently colorblind, so any digital (ACU, MARPAT, etc.) sucks is not very useful for me, since I see large angular blocks of color (I can't differentiate some of the colors well unless I am very close to the person, so far away, the colors blend, making big blocks of a "single" color)

Woodland is used too often by new players (as it is often the cheap option, the same reason I bought it), and they expect it to work well for them in all places (making it seem overrated). I find it works well in Seattle (and surrounding areas), forests, where there is decently dark places. In light places, even just tall grass, it is pretty bad.

And personally, I find most block colors to be overrated, but OD the most, since "the army used it (at one point) so it must be good" however I think that any color could work for you to play in. I have played in Navy Blue, OD, Black, Plain White, etc. and I have not noticed a difference in performance. Of course you must tailor your movement, as in don't run through lit up places while in black, and don't hide in dark places while wearing white, etc.

I accidentally voted tigerstripe as well, and I think that it can also be seen as overrated. So many people think "ooh tigerstripe, ooh special forces wore it, ooh, must work really well" I have found that it works well in dense forest, and obviously jungle. However, it is not too effective in other places, such as grassy areas, urban (unless you get urban tiger) or any arid location. In turn, it can be seen as overrated and useless if you live somewhere it doesn't work, or just because it isn't particularly versatile. I must admit I want some, but that is more for the looks than any special camo ability.

(edit: explained my colorblindness predicament/use )

Edited by lrich

1. Which color is overrated?

Coyote tan is very much overrated. Sure, it looks good with some kits, but does it really fit most situations? I think OD is a much better multi-purpose color. It doesn't stick out as much as black or tan, and goes nicely with any green-based uniform, and even looks decent with tan-based uniforms.

The Army conducted many trials to see what single color blended in the most to all environments including desert, woodland, and urban. And guess what the winner was.

Coyote Tan.

OD finished a far second.

Multicam and Coyote Tan are the most overrated. I would say black, but no one is rating as "great camo" I see people recommend CT for woodland areas over normal woodland camo. It just doesn't work in a green shady forest.

Multicam is overrated because it's meant to work in all environments, but because it isn't made for a specific environment it is just adequate in most of them.