Alpha-17

Aren't You A Bad@$s?

You know those sun/dust/wind goggles are not ANSI rated, right? Apparently even the "ballistic" lenses aren't very safe.

Mine? I'm using mesh goggles.

if ur talkin bout the goggles that are issued those are ballistic.

I do know there are multiple goggles issued in the military, but the basic sun/wind/dust goggles are not ballistic in their base version, though they do offer replacement ballistic lenses. I have been told by active duty Soldiers, however, that the ballistic lenses are rather crappy, and aren't a good bet for airsoft anyway.

I do know there are multiple goggles issued in the military, but the basic sun/wind/dust goggles are not ballistic in their base version, though they do offer replacement ballistic lenses. I have been told by active duty Soldiers, however, that the ballistic lenses are rather crappy, and aren't a good bet for airsoft anyway.

You're right, the basic sun/wind/dust goggles suck. A sufficiently powerful BB would go right through them which is why they have basically fallen out of use. The goggles that spartan 117 gw is thinking of are the newer, commercially produced models that are ANSI rated.

You're right, the basic sun/wind/dust goggles suck. A sufficiently powerful BB would go right through them which is why they have basically fallen out of use. The goggles that spartan 117 gw is thinking of are the newer, commercially produced models that are ANSI rated.

Still the same design, or other goggles, like ESS? Because apparently (this was tested by some guys issued them in the Army) even the SWG goggles with "ballistic" lenses aren't great either.

Either way, they look stupid as well (plus they're quite large), and for airsoft, we just can't have that. ;)

post-43015-1252173022_thumb.jpg

This is all I've got from an actual game, all my other airsoft pics are staged. This was at faction wars 2.0 There were 3 teams of 60 and 3 rounds. My team was winning until the 3rd round when the other 2 teams made an alliance. This was in the 3rd round. I had guys in front of me to my right and just straight ahead. I eventualy took them out and moved up to the trenches surrounding a bunker. I was pinned down for about 3 or 4 minutes by 1 guy in the bunker and 2 more in another trench before finally being taken out. There are more pics. from this game here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/amayernx/sets...57622126588112/

This was me before I got my tigerstripe. I think it's pretty badass. I'm running with the (rolled up) enemy flag in a capture flag.

run-1.jpg

Awesome!

One question:

Did you make it to his blind spot and safety kill him? Or was he covering you?