Sign in to follow this  
Guest joshjack77

Is It Bad?

Guest joshjack77

There is this lady that can see me when I am in my backyard target practicing and she will take pics and yell and stuff. If she calls the cops, they might take my sniper away. What should I do??? stop practicing and just do nothing, or keep playing and have her call the cops and have them come to my house and MAYBE take it away. I could try to tell them it is airsoft, but would they still take it away???? please help!!!!!! :a-salute:

Well... it is private property. However, if you're shooting in direct line of sight of pedestrians, I du' know. I would non-nonchalantly call up your local law enforcement and ask them if it is acceptable.

Sounds like you have a bummer neighbor. If she has time to observe someone target parcticing AND take pictures; report her fourteen different cats :a-thumbsup:

Guest joshjack77

thxs. no I am in my backyard and I have a rail fence so u can see threw. so she can see me shoot. no I never point it at any 1 except the people I battle. :a-cheesy: thxs 4 your help

Well if she's taking pictures and yelling....you've got a problem.

Go over there (NOT with your gun...) and talk to her. I don't know how old you are, maybe you should go with one of your parents if possible. Just explain that you're only playing airsoft with your friends, and that you don't ever shoot near her yard. And I would also ask her to stop taking pictures of you.

Just make sure she knows that it's safe and there's no reason for her to be worried. It would be even more helpful if you had your parents there too to reinforce the point.

Guest joshjack77

ya maybe I will do that. she just doesn't have anything better to do.

The best thing you can do is be very nice to her. Tell her that you would also be concerned if you were in her position because of how real the guns look and that you think it's a good thing that she is so vigilant. Try to compliment her telling her that you feel safer knowing that someone like her lives near you or something like that. Then you should try explaining what airsoft is and why she doesn't need to worry.

The best thing for you to do is to stop shooting in a place where other people can see you.

yea, but it would be a real pain not being able to target practice in your own backyard

There is this lady that can see me when I am in my backyard target practicing and she will take pics and yell and stuff. If she calls the cops, they might take my sniper away. What should I do??? stop practicing and just do nothing, or keep playing and have her call the cops and have them come to my house and MAYBE take it away. I could try to tell them it is airsoft, but would they still take it away???? please help!!!!!! :a-salute:

I would tell your parents about it, then if your parents catch her taking pictures for proof and she sues or somthing you can countersue for stalking, but if she calls the cops explain its in your own yard, never directed to her yard, and no bbs are in her yard.

Guest joshjack77

they just said ''smile'' lol but I haven't seen her in awhile but there have been cops around the neighborhood alot now.

they just said ''smile'' lol but I haven't seen her in awhile but there have been cops around the neighborhood alot now.

I'd say continue with it, it violates your rights for them to take away a gun if its not making a noise that can disturb the peace or if theyre arnt any bbs in the ladys yard

Guest joshjack77

ya, my parents were out there when I was shooting to!!!!! so she must have gotten scared cuz she hasn't done anything in awhile so. thanks for all your advice!!! :a-salute:

ya, my parents were out there when I was shooting to!!!!! so she must have gotten scared cuz she hasn't done anything in awhile so. thanks for all your advice!!! :a-salute:

as long at she doesnt find any bbs and you don't even point it toward her house you wont have a problem (my friend had he same problem, only he shot at her house, then he claims she took the speed loader he borrowed from me, and she says it was karma he lost it)

if someone you don't know can see you then you just need to stop. yes I know I know it is your land and you should have the right to do what you want to do one your land but you cant in todays world. If you saw someone with something that looks like a rifle and did not know what airsoft was, would you let it go knowing that your neighbor has a rifle and is shooting it day after day? do something good for yourself and get a better fence or good somewhere else to shoot. it wont kill you if you cant shoot in your yard.