Sign in to follow this  
TooManyMiles

Substitutes For 134a?

Guess I'm kinda stupid, but I just figured out the TM G17 GBB I was planning on getting only uses 134a gas. The stuff seems pricier and harder to come by.

Does anyone sell a green gas version of the TM G17? If so, is it any less accurate or have any issues? I'm assuming all the reviews I've read are of the 134a version of the TM G17.

Finally, I know there are adapters to turn propane into green gas. Is there something similar for 134a?

Well... I've tried two mags of green gas on my TM G17 and it looks like it should be able to handle it. I'm going to start buying green gas after I finish my can of 134a gas. If it breaks you can just go buy a metal slide. Easy fix. And yes.. duster=134a.

Well... I've tried two mags of green gas on my TM G17 and it looks like it should be able to handle it. I'm going to start buying green gas after I finish my can of 134a gas. If it breaks you can just go buy a metal slide. Easy fix. And yes.. duster=134a.

From my VERY limited research, it seems like it's the plastic slide that breaks when green gas is used instead of 134a. So, I guess you're right; I'd just have to buy a metal slide with a beefed up spring assembly.

I used my TM G17 with the stock abs slide for a little while on green and it was fine. I would assume after a lot more rounds that the slide catch notch on the slide would get worn down though. Just use green for a while then get a metal slide, plenty available at decent prices.

I know for a fact that duster gas works just the same , and I have seen 134a refrigerant at car stores so I figure that if you can dig up an adapter that it would work just fine. but other than that I would just run propane till the stock slide blows then get a metal slide.

Nobody (so far) makes an adapter for 134a... maybe I ought to get busy.

Duster gas is similar (but not identical) to 134a. It is fine for use as a sub, though.

Green Gas (propane) will eventually wear a plastic slide out. Broke my Sig that way (jbweld is a good thing, however)

I am (helping a friend) build a metal slide for my next gun as soon as it gets here (nobody makes one for it...and it's broke)