soulofwar

Rc Car Battery Charger

I have some RC cars that use 9.6's and I was wondering if I could use the charger for the RC cars to charge my airsoft battery(8.4 large type)

when you plug the charger to the battery make sure the red wire from the battery lines up w/ the red wire from the charger, same with the black wire. Some RC tamiya connectors have the polarities reversed, and can fry the battery.

alot of them do if its a good manufacturer most people don't run 9.6 tho because it is the limit of the speed controllers and if they have a brushless sytem will run either lipo or 10-12 cells 9.6 is not common in rc cars but I know people who run them

you must be looking at some of the minor companies car ie: losi, tamiya, ae,. all of traxxa's electric rc's will run a 9.6v battery (www.traxxas.com) but other companies have not been able to keep up with traxxas in making speed controls that can handle 9.6

No high end car runs 9.6 volts in the 1/10th scale size, which is the most popular of the electrics.....they use sub c stuff though........its all 7.2 NIMH or 7.4 LiPo, cause nothing else is allowed by racing rules, not mention most of the cars could not properly fit a bigger battery even if the user wanted to.....

Back in the day, some offroaders ran 7 cell 8.4 packs, but that went out of style back in the early 90s and a couple years later they outlawed it under the rules.....

A lot of the new mini cars (1/18th or so) are using 9.6 volt packs or 11.1 Lipo.......

Pretty much all of the speed controllers worth a crap can handle up to 10 cell packs.........which u really only see in the big monster trucks or in some guys backyard basher.

Any decent RC charger will charge pretty much any NIMH, regardless of size.......just make sure you are not using too many amps on the smaller 2/3 cells or whatever......sub c usually are charged at 5-6 in RC......but some people get nutty and do 10 amps for more voltage.......not good on the packs, so stay at 5....

If a gun is using 2/3 cells or any of the smaller stuff, u can use a sub c, just gotta make it fit......the only difference is the MaH......you will get a lot more juice out of a sub c......problem is, they are MUCH bigger in size, so finding room for 7 of them in a gun can be a challenge.

And before anyone wants to flame me........I own Team br00d Racing, a motor and battery company in the RC business..........25+ national titles and world finalist.....

Later EddieO

you must be looking at some of the minor companies car ie: losi, tamiya, ae,. all of traxxa's electric rc's will run a 9.6v battery (www.traxxas.com) but other companies have not been able to keep up with traxxas in making speed controls that can handle 9.6

This the same Traxxas that finally started putting electronic speed controls in its stock 1/10th scale cars. :)

The battery should be fine. Double check the wiring as preludacris09 suggested, but I wouldn't think there is any difference. I use the same two packs to power my TL XXX-T and my airsoft gun.