to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Schatz

Military?

There are a few of us on here. 2-325th AIR, 82nd Airborne myself. Got back a couple of months ago, finally going on leave today. Three months isn't anything compared to what you've already done, and Taji isn't a bad place to spend any period of time. At least, as long as you are stuck in Iraq.

Edited by Alpha-17

There are a few of us on here. 2-325th AIR, 82nd Airborne myself. Got back a couple of months ago, finally going on leave today. Three months isn't anything compared to what you've already done, and Taji isn't a bad place to spend any period of time. At least, as long as you are stuck in Iraq.

Glad to see I'm not alone!

Haha.

I'm at 2/3 FA, 1st AD ready to go home...

Guest biggums

I am not in the Military but my Dad is in the Navy, my cousin is a Navy SEAL. My other cousin is attending the Merchant Marine Acedemy, and My grandfather is retired from the Navy. I am inly 14 so ya, but I plan to go into the Navy.

TAMH

I plan to either be a Navy Seal or a marine scout sniper. Ive wanted to be one of the two since I was 6 years old lol.

Wow, just wow... Good luck with that

Anyway, a lot of people in my family have been in the military and I plan to either join the USMC as 03xx, or joining the Navy for EOD (practice ASVAB score is already 89). One grandfather was a colonel in the Air Force, another was in the Israeli Army during the 6 Day War. My cousin is in the USMC, and both my uncle and my great uncle in the Greek army

I plan to either be a Navy Seal or a marine scout sniper. Ive wanted to be one of the two since I was 6 years old lol.

I'm in the Delayed Entry Program for the Marine Corps right now. I was amazed at how many clowns at MEPS thought just like this kid, and they were swearing in the very next day! Most people just need to grasp the fact that they need to EARN THE TITLE FIRST!

By the way, I'm going for 7300 Enlisted Flight Crew.

I'm in the Delayed Entry Program for the Marine Corps right now. I was amazed at how many clowns at MEPS thought just like this kid, and they were swearing in the very next day! Most people just need to grasp the fact that they need to EARN THE TITLE FIRST!

By the way, I'm going for 7300 Enlisted Flight Crew.

If that means you'll be a door gunner on an aircraft, that's what I do now.

If that means you'll be a door gunner on an aircraft, that's what I do now.

I can't choose the aircraft that I will be with, the Marine Corps decides for you, sadly. This job all depends on my swim qualifications in Boot Camp because if I don't do well on it, I could be stuck as an Air Traffic Controller or any other job that requires me to be on the ground.

By the way,

Thank you for your service everyone! :a-famerican:

I can't choose the aircraft that I will be with, the Marine Corps decides for you, sadly. This job all depends on my swim qualifications in Boot Camp because if I don't do well on it, I could be stuck as an Air Traffic Controller or any other job that requires me to be on the ground.

By the way,

Thank you for your service everyone! :a-famerican:

Look at it this way. Whatever MOS you decide on or choose where ever they need you they will place you until an opening comes up. I would take traffic controller anyday over kicking in doors. Good luck stay safe.

Edited by Mello

This kid will go through Basic and AIT and be like "F*ck That."

Haha add another Gun Bunny to the battery...

Everyone can thank us by getting us out of this sh*t country.

=]

Oh c'mon, soldier, it aint so bad there! Free food, place to sleep...at least its always warm. And hey, free fireworks! =P hahahahha :a-thumbsup:

Oh c'mon, soldier, it aint so bad there! Free food, place to sleep...at least its always warm. And hey, free fireworks! =P hahahahha :a-thumbsup:

Lol, that's a big sense of humour xD

I really respect people serving in that countries.

Lol, that's a big sense of humour xD

I really respect people serving in that countries.

You gotta have a sense of humor, man! Keeps the morale up!

USMC shipping Sept. 22nd. to basic in San Diego. Can not wait!

Good luck man! If you have any questions feel free to PM me...been there, done that.

Thanks! haha always good to get some positive feedback.

Absolutely! You're joining the best damn branch there is! You'll find it funny how many people at MEPS tell you that you're "crazy for joining the Marines"

hahahahha

I guess you gotta be a little crazy for the Corps, but thats what separates us from all the other branches. :a-thumbsup:

Kinda off topic here, but my math teacher is shipping out from Fort Dix June 24t. He's aNational Guard, and he hasn't given us ay more specifics. My Eglish Lit. teacher is extremely patrioticfather a fireman, and WWII vet, only wears flag colors]. She had 6 vets, WWII, Korea, Nam, and even Iraq to visit us, to talk about things. My dad applied for Indian Air Force, but was for some reason rejected because their quack of a doctor said he had a heart murmur, which he doesn.t

Kinda off topic here, but my math teacher is shipping out from Fort Dix June 24t. He's aNational Guard, and he hasn't given us ay more specifics. My Eglish Lit. teacher is extremely patrioticfather a fireman, and WWII vet, only wears flag colors]. She had 6 vets, WWII, Korea, Nam, and even Iraq to visit us, to talk about things. My dad applied for Indian Air Force, but was for some reason rejected because their quack of a doctor said he had a heart murmur, which he doesn.t

something like that happened to me during my ROTC physical, they said I had scoliosis, which on a remedial examination was found to not exist. everyone has some minor variation in their body

Absolutely! You're joining the best damn branch there is! You'll find it funny how many people at MEPS tell you that you're "crazy for joining the Marines"

hahahahha

I guess you gotta be a little crazy for the Corps, but thats what separates us from all the other branches. :a-thumbsup:

Oh yeah you arent kidding. I went to MEPS like 2 days after my 18th birthday and everyone thought I was crazy... I just called em CAT's lol

Why does everyone want to be a SEAL, Delta Force, Ranger, Scout Sniper, Recon? Will being a standard Marine, Soldier, Airmen, Sailor, not satisfy you?

well the reason I would like be Recon is so I don't have to worry about waiting to be accepted on SWAT. after the required Officer time is fulfilled of course.

Well, some people at my RSS were reconsidering their chances of becoming Recon Marines when one of the recruiters gave them a rundown on how just the indoctrination program works. There's somewhere around 100 Marines with the same exact goal as you, and they will probably only choose 2 Marines out of the bunch. My uncle was in a Spec Ops unit in the Army (I forgot which one, he was telling me this a while back) and he said the training that you receive is challenging and cool until you ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO IT when you are deployed.

By the way,

Good luck at boot camp US183!

Oh trust me I know the rundown haha... yeah I know the odds. but that does not stop me from trying the hardest I can to become recon. I will never no unless I try and only then will I be satisfied.

thanks man.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Marine Corps Force Recon is pretty much the equivalent to the Navy SEALS...actually, just recently in 2006, Force Recon was just admitted into SOCOM, which we should have been a long time ago. The reason being, why we havent been there in the first place, is that us in the Marines werent comfortable being commanded by anyone outside the Corps...we've always done our own thing, which is why we are very separate from most other branches. (Debate if you will, but thats why the Army didnt want us in SOCOM, because they were afraid the Marines would take it over)

Listen, if you (or whoever) wants to be a SEAL, go for it...but just realize, if you fail, you'll be swabbing the decks on a :censored2: ship. If you want to see ACTION, you don't have to rely on being a Scout/Sniper, or a Recon Marine to see it. You can be regular infantry just like I did. But hey, if you can make it through the indoc, and you can become one of the elite, than good for you! I'll be proud of you. Its not easy. I almost tried out for the Scout/Snipers...but they ran too much for my liking, and I wasnt a great runner. Yes..I regret it now, but hey...thats life.

Good luck to everyone that tries to grab their goals. :censored2: everyone else that tries to put you down. Do what you want to do...push for the gold.

don't listen to these :censored2: on ASF...if you have a goal, go for it. If you don't make it, Im sorry. Just try again, or deal with it.

Thats :censored2: life.