to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Schatz

Military?

I'm going to take my ASVAB/physical within a week; my goal is 11B Army Rangers.

Of course I might not make it, I just hope I can make it to airborne. If it weren't for the airborne aspect I'd probably go with the Marine Core.

Hooah!

/THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/ bless all the soldiers of every branch.

I wasn't trying to cut anyone's dreams down. The main point I was trying to get across is to not enlist expecting you will be 100% indoctrinated into Special Forces, I'm not saying you won't make it, because it is possible. But be prepared to be a standard infantryman if you do not pass the indoctrination or training.

well the reason I would like be Recon is so I don't have to worry about waiting to be accepted on SWAT. after the required Officer time is fulfilled of course.

Hey man its only like 4 years of police work before you can get accepted in SWAT, in which time you can train yourself.

Of course I might not make it, I just hope I can make it to airborne. If it weren't for the airborne aspect I'd probably go with the Marine Core.

Hooah!

It's Corps, not "Core".

And I get it that some of you guys want to be in Special Forces, and I agree with JonnyDestroyer, that you should push for it, but if you don't make it, too bad. My goal is to just get through Boot as 03xx (infantry)

Hooah!

LoL...you know that the Marine Corps has jump school, right? If you can make it into Force Recon, you can do HALO/HAHO jumps. I guess the Corps is a mystery to some...lol

trust me buddy, we do it all.

LoL...you know that the Marine Corps has jump school, right? If you can make it into Force Recon, you can do HALO/HAHO jumps. I guess the Corps is a mystery to some...lol

Yeah, I live real close to the place that they practice the HALO jumps, and where the SEAL tragically lost his life. The last time I was attending an Air Show at Davis-Monthan AFB, they actually had Marines executing HALO jumps

But when Marines get their Basic Jump Wings, they go to Ft. Benning's Airborne School. I went through it with a couple of Marines. Some were the Force Recon-types, and one of my room mates was a Parachute-rigger in training. Also, one of our Sergeant Airbornes was a Marine. And no, to my knowledge, the USMC doesn't have any conventional Airborne units (ie Battalions, Brigades, and Divisions trained to jump out of C-130's to reach the battlefield/enemy). :a-thumbsup:

Edited by Alpha-17

Yeah thats what I thought. Well thats why the Army has the 82nd and 101st Airborne.

The 101st is an Air Assault division now, which means they use helicopters to assault in. They have the 82nd and the 173rd Airborne Divisions that do jumps.

Actually, the 173rd is a Brigade, meaning it is only about 1/4 the size of the 82nd. But you are right, the 173rd and the 82nd are the two largest Airborne units remaining in the US Army. There is also a brigade in the 25th ID I think, but I'm not sure which one.

But when Marines get their Basic Jump Wings, they go to Ft. Benning's Airborne School. I went through it with a couple of Marines. Some were the Force Recon-types, and one of my room mates was a Parachute-rigger in training. Also, one of our Sergeant Airbornes was a Marine. And no, to my knowledge, the USMC doesn't have any conventional Airborne units (ie Battalions, Brigades, and Divisions trained to jump out of C-130's to reach the battlefield/enemy). :a-thumbsup:

No, we don't have any Airborne units...its mostly just Recon that does the jumps.

90% of everyone who wants to be a Ranger, changes their mind Week 1 of RIP.

Trust me I did.

But once you're there, you can't go back. It's either try your hardest and barely pass (me), or try your hardest and fail out.

No one goes above and beyond in Ranger; they won't let you.

And for everyone wanting to be "OMG SPECIAL FORCES DELTA!!!"

There is no school for "DELTA." The only recruitment process for SF is selection.

You don't get to choose. They pick you. The only school you get to CHOOSE to go to is RIP and Ranger school.

Wanna be highspeed? Pick a COMBAT ARMS MOS, go to a highspeed unit, Airborne, or Air Assualt.

USAF 1P031, trying desperately to cross train into EOD so I am not tempted to file a Fraud, Waste, and Abuse complaint about myself. 98 on the ASVAB and my job currently requires a 24.

Air Force?

You should go JTAC or TACP.

=]

Why would I do that when I want to be EOD? Besides, I'm not much on Army deployments.

Guest biggums
It's Corps, not "Core".

And I get it that some of you guys want to be in Special Forces, and I agree with JonnyDestroyer, that you should push for it, but if you don't make it, too bad. My goal is to just get through Boot as 03xx (infantry)

It's pronounced like core though, I can see how some would get confused. And not to be an a** or anyhting but Special Forces is army only (AKA The Green Berets), and everything else (SEALs, SWCC, SOAR, Rangers, ect) is Special Operations Forces, or SOF. Anyways thanks to all people serving this country, I really appreciate it. Good luck to all who plan on going into the service.

BIGGUMS

It's pronounced like core though, I can see how some would get confused. And not to be an a** or anyhting but Special Forces is army only (AKA The Green Berets), and everything else (SEALs, SWCC, SOAR, Rangers, ect) is Special Operations Forces, or SOF. Anyways thanks to all people serving this country, I really appreciate it. Good luck to all who plan on going into the service.

BIGGUMS

hahhaha...im sorry, but what exactly is the difference between "Special Forces" and "Special Operations Forces"? I think you need to do a little more research, my friend. No disrespect, but you're entirely wrong.

im planning on joining navy, enlisted and working my way up if I feel it is the right thing for me. dream would be to work on an aircraft carrier either as one of the guys working on/repairing damaged aircraft or loading bombs and such onto the planes however if, by the time I get in, the f35s have gone in I wonder if they would still use people like that, loading weapons onto them, the way it is seems more of a automated thing. either that or work with computer, but id honestly do just about anything besides cook and swab the decks heh

USMC shipping Sept. 22nd. to basic in San Diego. Can not wait!

K I know absolutely nothing about Marines and all that, but where are you going? Pendleton or MiraMar? Pendletons where they do the training, right? Lol don't yell at me, I don't know much, I just live in San Diego and pass by the Mira Mar base close to every day.

And I've always contemplated joining the Marines(once I get out of high school) but its just in the back of my mind. Im looking to have a career in graphics(like, Graphic Design and Apparel Design) and I get pretty good grades and all, but the Corp appeals to me. I have always loved being pushed to the limit, pushing to pain, so that pain was just weakness leaving the body. =). But im not really sure. Anybody got some pros n cons for me haha.

Edit: Haha and don't give me sh*t about my name, I made that when I was like 12(check the join date) and had no idea what to pick. AND it was before that crappy hip hop artist even came out, so he stole my name.

Edited by Souljaboy

K I know absolutely nothing about Marines and all that, but where are you going? Pendleton or MiraMar? Pendletons where they do the training, right? Lol don't yell at me, I don't know much, I just live in San Diego and pass by the Mira Mar base close to every day.

And I've always contemplated joining the Marines(once I get out of high school) but its just in the back of my mind. Im looking to have a career in graphics(like, Graphic Design and Apparel Design) and I get pretty good grades and all, but the Corp appeals to me. I have always loved being pushed to the limit, pushing to pain, so that pain was just weakness leaving the body. =). But im not really sure. Anybody got some pros n cons for me haha.

Edit: Haha and don't give me sh*t about my name, I made that when I was like 12(check the join date) and had no idea what to pick. AND it was before that crappy hip hop artist even came out, so he stole my name.

As far as I know, MCRD San Diego is completely separate from Pendleton and MIRAMAR. Apparently its off "Henderson Ave."

Anyway, as far as pros and cons go in the Marines, theres a lot...just like any other branch of the military. I had a lot of fun in the Corps, but I also had a lot of :a-censored: times. You'll find that in any branch you go, honestly. The Corps is good to go, though. Just like the motto says, we're the FEW, and the PROUD. If I had a choice to go back into the military, I wouldnt consider going anywhere but the Marines. We're just a different breed of troops, and theres no denying it. Now, as far as graphic design goes, I don't know if the Corps offers that. You'd have to talk to a recruiter. But on the up-side, you can always use your GI Bill and go to school for graphic design when you get out!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Semper Fi,

Corporal Maines

As far as I know, MCRD San Diego is completely separate from Pendleton and MIRAMAR. Apparently its off "Henderson Ave."

Anyway, as far as pros and cons go in the Marines, theres a lot...just like any other branch of the military. I had a lot of fun in the Corps, but I also had a lot of :a-censored: times. You'll find that in any branch you go, honestly. The Corps is good to go, though. Just like the motto says, we're the FEW, and the PROUD. If I had a choice to go back into the military, I wouldnt consider going anywhere but the Marines. We're just a different breed of troops, and theres no denying it. Now, as far as graphic design goes, I don't know if the Corps offers that. You'd have to talk to a recruiter. But on the up-side, you can always use your GI Bill and go to school for graphic design when you get out!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Semper Fi,

Corporal Maines

Yeah I didnt mean doing design in the marines, just that it would be tough to leave that and go Marines for the begining. And like you said, it would help pay for school.

Whats MCRD? Sorry haha.

Guest biggums
hahhaha...im sorry, but what exactly is the difference between "Special Forces" and "Special Operations Forces"? I think you need to do a little more research, my friend. No disrespect, but you're entirely wrong.

Read the first chapter in the book Chosen Soldier by DickCouch, a former Vietnam SEAL Platoon Commanding Officer. It gives you the entire explanation and more.

BIGGUMS

EDIT: I had to merge the authors name because I could not put his first name in because it would always show up as :pain:

Edited by biggums

Yeah I didnt mean doing design in the marines, just that it would be tough to leave that and go Marines for the begining. And like you said, it would help pay for school.

Whats MCRD? Sorry haha.

MCRD = Marine Corps Recruit Depot

"Special Forces refers directly to Army Special Forces. Special Operations Forces is everything else. Think of it as the Army SF trademarking that term.

you could always go the Marine option NROTC route, get whatever degree you want, then after college you'll be in the Marines

just some questions... I wanted to be a commercial pilot later down the road.

if I join the air force, do I chose what plans I fly?

about how many hours do I need to have a good chence at getting into a college and being a pilot?

is the air force my best bet at being a pilot? or are there better things out there?

PM me... I really want to know

you could always go the Marine option NROTC route, get whatever degree you want, then after college you'll be in the Marines

How do I join that? Haha.

Of course, my ma doesnt want me joining any branch of the military, but I could probably convince her eventually haha.

Do you guys think it was a good choice, going into the military and all? Ive heard both sides, people saying it was horrible, and if they had a chance they would have never joined, and the people who went through it and even though it was tough had a "good" time and loved being a marine.

Also when you get in, what are some of the choices to become? I really wouldnt want to do anything engineer-wise, im not good with that kind of thing haha.

Guest biggums

about how many hours do I need to have a good chence at getting into a college and being a pilot?

is the air force my best bet at being a pilot? or are there better things out there?

I have heard from some people that alot of people in the Air Force do not fly planes. I also know you do not get to choose your planes.

BIGGUMS

Well for one, I know you'll have to get a good score on the ASVAB to even be considered to become a pilot. You'll also have to become an officer.

You don't HAVE to join the Air Force to fly planes. The Marines and Navy also have pilots that fly jets and helicopters.

I don't know about the hours and such, but I know that you cant pick what planes you're going to fly.

Honestly, your best bet is to go talk to your local recruiter and he/she will be able to answer all the questions you have.

Good luck!

How do I join that? Haha.

Of course, my ma doesnt want me joining any branch of the military, but I could probably convince her eventually haha.

Do you guys think it was a good choice, going into the military and all? Ive heard both sides, people saying it was horrible, and if they had a chance they would have never joined, and the people who went through it and even though it was tough had a "good" time and loved being a marine.

Also when you get in, what are some of the choices to become? I really wouldnt want to do anything engineer-wise, im not good with that kind of thing haha.

Hahaha, well when you're 18 you can join and your mom cant say anything about it! hahahha

Honestly, I think its a good choice to join the military. You can learn a trade for free and make it into a career without even having to go to college. And even if you decide later on that you want to go to college, you can use your GI Bill to pay for it! Its a good experience, and you'll meet life-long friends. Also, it looks really good on your resume when you go to apply for jobs. And hey, if you like being in the military, you can just make that into your career and retire in 20 years! Yes, there are some tough times, just like any other branch of the military, but there are tough times in life anyway.

Whatever branch you're looking to get into, go to your local recruiting station and talk to the recruiters. They'll be able to give you the options available to you, and show you everything they have to offer.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

The military is what you make of it. When I first got in, I loved it. Now...Well. The Army and me just don't agree anymore. I'm trying to not so much settle down as opposed to living a less hectic life, and start a family, they're trying to push me into getting rank, deploy and being all high-speed. Some of you may be like me, enlist, love it, then find something you love even more, in my case it's a woman. Some of you may enlist and find out you hate it, some of you will enlist and love it.

No one person can tell you how it's going to be. Your attitude, your work ethic, your will to strive and be the best will decide what your time in is like. Just do it, it's a life altering experience and whether you like it or not, it will change you, it will push you, it will challenge you. That's it, that's the easiest it can be broken down.

Just do it and find out for yourself.

Edited by Avandir

And I've always contemplated joining the Marines(once I get out of high school) but its just in the back of my mind. Im looking to have a career in graphics(like, Graphic Design and Apparel Design)

My good buddy who I fought in Fallujah with was a combat photographer and graphic designer for the USMC... He's a bit screwed up in the head now because he had to take pictures of all his buddies and bodies and such but they do have an MOS for it. Rifle in one hand, camera in the other...

For the guy that wanted to fly... that's why I originally joined the corps... I joined as enlisted first, then got into the... crap I cant remember the acronym for it but its like an "get into OCS as an enlisted guy" thing and you go to school while you are performing your normal duties. Anyway, took my guaranteed flight option test and passed with flying colors... then I turned the whole program down because I was a flipping idiot and listed to some stupid girl I was dating for like 7 years... yeah... BIG regrets but hey... SOOOOOO....

if you want to fly, join the COAST GUARD. it will be rotor wing most likely as it makes up more then 80% of their fleet. Next, join the Marines, not many people think of the Marines when they think of flying but we do have quite a large air wing and well... we rock. Next, the Army or Navy. Again, everyone and their mother thinks they will join the Airforce and become a pilot... guess what... the only thing you'll be piloting in the Airforce is a desk. As a VERY few people fly in the Chairforce (srry, had to say it just once) but it takes MANY people to make those planes stay in the air.

So although the coast guard isnt a combat force, they do have some awesome aircraft and its the best way to start a career as a pilot in the civilian world, next is Marines, then Army or Navy and LAST is the Airforce.