Sign in to follow this  
acanz

Confused About 134a And Green Gass

I just ordered a couple gas pistols, the Marushin Five-Seven 8mm, KWA Glock18c, KWC Desert Eagle .50AE, and a YP SOCOM MK23. I also ordered some green gas, the AI propane and duster adapters and silicone lube. What I don't understand is which guns should use the green gas and which should use the duster, or if there is another gas that I should be using for them.

I've never owned a gas pistol before so I'm really confused about the whole propane/green gas/134a/duster situation, and are duster and 134a the same thing? If someone could clear that up me and my friends would appreciate it. Thanks alot.

Edited by acanz

yes they are the same as far as us airsofters go. they may differ by 10 or so fps but they are the same. just add some silicone oil to you mag valves every once and a while, and you will be ready to rock.

whups, almost forgot. Welcome to ASF :a-thumbsup:

Edited by SilentK

Thanks alot, is 134a and duster the same though? Will they have the same amount of power?

Duster is 134a without silicone (correct me if I'm wrong). The duster and 134a will have the same amount of power. However if you are talking about gg and 134a, the gg/propane has a higher psi so it will be stronger.

Thanks alot SilentK and moptop, I assumed the duster was the same as 134a without any lube in it but I just wanted to make sure before I gassed up any mags. So when I sub propane for green gas I should just add a drop or 2 of silicone oil then too and I should be good to go right? And would you suggest adding the oil with each charge or at some different interval?

At the store I bought the Five-Seven from, they said I can run it with green gas for more power but theres a chance it will wear out parts sooner. Do you guys have any idea about how much faster if it does (I assume it will because of the higher pressures) because I wouldn't mind some more power out of it but if its going to kill my new almost $200 gun fast I'll stick with the 134a.

Thanks for helping out a gas gun noobie, I think I'll be on this site alot more seeing as you have alot of knowledgeable members on here.

Edited by acanz

Thanks alot SilentK and moptop, I assumed the duster was the same as 134a without any lube in it but I just wanted to make sure before I gassed up any mags. So when I sub propane for green gas I should just add a drop or 2 of silicone oil then too and I should be good to go right? And would you suggest adding the oil with each charge or at some different interval?

At the store I bought the Five-Seven from, they said I can run it with green gas for more power but theres a chance it will wear out parts sooner. Do you guys have any idea about how much faster if it does (I assume it will because of the higher pressures) because I wouldn't mind some more power out of it but if its going to kill my new almost $200 gun fast I'll stick with the 134a.

Thanks for helping out a gas gun noobie, I think I'll be on this site alot more seeing as you have alot of knowledgeable members on here.

The KWA Glock18c, KWC Desert Eagle .50AE, and the MK23 should be fine on Green Gas or Propane. I don't know much about the Marushin. If your using propane I suggest putting a few drops of silicone directly into the magazine at the beginning of each day before you start playing. Only do that once a day or your mag might get bogged down with silicone. Put silicone directly into the propane canister every 8 or so fills.

O yeah, welcome to ASF!

From the reviews I have read on the 5-7 (I almost bought one) it performs better on green like all GBBs, but it will significantly decrease the life span of the gun. No one can say for how long though, as there is never a specific amount of time.

doesnt the 5-7 have a jizzload of problems?

everyone is saying wait for the Marui. Marushin has really low Fps from what I've seen. The Marushin is the only thing I would really use duster for. The KWA, Socom, and Desert Eagle should all use GG pretty well. But yeah alot of japanese pistols (not marui's) use 134a because of FPS laws and thus they aren't built for the stress of propane. Holy crap btw. Sweet guns. You got them all at once? I want that Glock. :a-wink:

Oh yeah I try to avoid guns that use 134a because its not good for the environment. But your choice.

Edited by psychobunny

everyone is saying wait for the Marui. Marushin has really low Fps from what I've seen. The Marushin is the only thing I would really use duster for. The KWA, Socom, and Desert Eagle should all use GG pretty well. But yeah alot of japanese pistols (not marui's) use 134a because of FPS laws and thus they aren't built for the stress of propane. Holy crap btw. Sweet guns. You got them all at once? I want that Glock. :a-wink:

Oh yeah I try to avoid guns that use 134a because its not good for the environment. But your choice.

Yea I got them all at once, I'm reading alot of bad things about the five-seven but I don't really care (the main reason I got it was just because it was my favorite sidearm in CS and I only want it mainly to plink with along with the socom), the 18c is the one I really care about. I want to do the metal slide (KSC for the real Glock logos) plus the threaded barrel for a silencer, is this the only choice out there for a threaded barrel?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2592

Edited by acanz

Duster is 134a without silicone (correct me if I'm wrong). The duster and 134a will have the same amount of power. However if you are talking about gg and 134a, the gg/propane has a higher psi so it will be stronger.

OK, I'm here to correct you.

Duster gas and 134a are not the same. They *are* functionally equivalent for airsoft purposes. But chemically not the same.

Duster gas runs about 10 fps lower in my Mk23 SOCOM NBB and about 15 fps less in my KJW Mk1 pistol.

Green gas (at least every type been tested) IS propane (some with additives, some without...)

I just got an adapter and plan to do some more testing with propane, and hopefully will get an automotive 134a to airsoft adapter made soon.

Cheers.

Yea I got them all at once, I'm reading alot of bad things about the five-seven but I don't really care (the main reason I got it was just because it was my favorite sidearm in CS and I only want it mainly to plink with along with the socom), the 18c is the one I really care about. I want to do the metal slide (KSC for the real Glock logos) plus the threaded barrel for a silencer, is this the only choice out there for a threaded barrel?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2592

Ah well I would have still waited for the marui becuase it might be cheaper and better system. Oh well. I believe G&G maybe makes a threaded barrel. I know matrix rebrands a threaded barrel but im pretty sure its a guarder. Just buy from Airsoft gi.

I just found this, I'm wondering if it would fit the KSC/KWA even though its for a Marui. Is the Marui EBB 18c a 1:1 with the real Glock just like the KSC/KWA?

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-225-g18c-m...base-slide.aspx

That rail is for the Marui AEP not the Ebb. The blowback on the KWA might have a different working too. I think you should find one made for a GBB glock.

That rail is for the Marui AEP not the Ebb. The blowback on the KWA might have a different working too. I think you should find one made for a GBB glock.

I've decided to just buy the metal slide/threaded outer barrel since I already sold the five seven to a friend and broke even cash wise... it really is a :censored2: gun. I kindof do like the idea of the 8mm bb though.

Edited by acanz

I've decided to just buy the metal slide/threaded outer barrel since I already sold the five seven to a friend and broke even cash wise... it really is a :censored2: gun. I kindof do like the idea of the 8mm bb though.

If you really need an 8mm gun go with like a Marushin revolver. Maruzen might be better for skirmish I forgot but the ACM m500 shotty also uses 8mm.

My DE came today, the metal version, and I have to say I love it. The 18c is fun especially with the full auto but the DE is just amazing. Tons of power, kick, and its heavy, I think its got to weigh close to 3 lbs.

The only thing thats confusing me is gasing up any gun. Sometimes the second I put the can of green gas (I got three and thn I'm switching to reg. propane) on the valve gas will spray out and refuse to go into the mag so it seems full and other times I'll have the can on the magazine for 3, 10 second cycles and it will sound like its filling and just never end. How long on average does it take to fill a magazine? There's definitely something wrong with what I'm doing.

Edited by acanz

My DE came today, the metal version, and I have to say I love it. The 18c is fun especially with the full auto but the DE is just amazing. Tons of power, kick, and its heavy, I think its got to weigh close to 3 lbs.

The only thing thats confusing me is gasing up any gun. Sometimes the second I put the can of green gas (I got three and thn I'm switching to reg. propane) on the valve gas will spray out and refuse to go into the mag so it seems full and other times I'll have the can on the magazine for 3, 10 second cycles and it will sound like its filling and just never end. How long on average does it take to fill a magazine? There's definitely something wrong with what I'm doing.

Just try 2, 3 second burts of gas That should do it, but then again KWC isn't the Lambo of airsoft. Could be a faulty mag.