to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Schatz

Just Thinking...

My team is primarily made up of guys who are or were in the military. We wear acu, cause its the teams color. I don't disrespect the military, but I would never join. Its more of a "they wouldn't let me join" type of thing.

I find airsoft a hobby/sport, not to try to be like I'm in the military.

I really don't know why you'd be insulted, it sparks the interest in some people, to know what its like, although I know in reality they are nothing alike.

I personally am in The Marine corps. as a recruit still.... shipping in sept. I do not wear military patch's. I wear woodland camo. and my ghillie suit if I playing the role of Recon. now I do want to become Recon in the Marines. in order to have a better chance of being on SWAT on the police force. now back to the disrespectful part. you make an extremely good point. but than I could tell you that some of the kids/people who do wear military patch's but do not wear them because they look cool but because they have such a great deal of respect for are military. or they one day dream of becoming a Gunnery Sargent. they do not do it to mock the military but to praise them for doing what they signed up to do. and maybe one day being able to be in that position. when I was young I wore my uncles flight Jacket all the time it had his rank on it and name . that does not mean I was disrespecting it but because when I put on that jacket I actually felt like the Govt. accepted me to be in the U.S. military, and the day I swore into the USMC was the best day of my life because I knew I had signed up to do something that only a few can do. Defend the freedom of this Country.

Guest velcrochicken17

Last time I checked I haven't seen anyone here wear tabs or ribbons they didn't earn. If they did, they would be ripped a new one.

I'm not sure where you pulled that out of.

You're getting worked up over something silly. You think ACUs should be banned because the soldier earned them? What? I understand ranks and unit patches but just the ACU uniforms? You're joking, seriously.

Well, since you want to ban ACU uniforms I'm now going to start suspending people indefinitely if I see them wear aviator sunglasses because COPS wear them.

Also, I'm suspending people indefinitely for wearing polo shirts, because the people at my local WalMart wear polo shirts too, as that disrespects them because they earned that too.

Also, I'm suspending people indefinitely for wearing Krispy Kreme hats, because people who work at Krispy Kreme earned those.

When I'm walking down a street I'll punch a kid in the face for those sticker badges that say "Deputy Sheriff" on them, because HE IS NOT a deputy sheriff.

Does any that make sense? Not 'rry. You're over reacting to something as simple as clothing. Get mad about unit patches and awards, not the actual clothing. Seriously.

(btw, I'm not suspending for that so harharhar.)

Edited by velcrochicken17

Also, I'm suspending people indefinitely for wearing Krispy Kreme hats, because people who work at Krispy Kreme earned those.

So being an Active Duty Soldier in Iraq is the same as working at Krispy Kreme?

Funny... I didn't smell donuts at Basic, RIP, or anywhere in Baghdad.

Krispy Kreme = Non-deployable unit?

I guess I need to PCS.

So being an Active Duty Soldier in Iraq is the same as working at Krispy Kreme?

Funny... I didn't smell donuts at Basic, RIP, or anywhere in Baghdad.

Krispy Kreme = Non-deployable unit?

I guess I need to PCS.

Its an analogy...please do not get all worked up about this, you need to learn when to stop.