to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
davi02011

Jg Bar 10 Vs. Super 9 Version 2.5

I can't decide whether to get the JG BAR 10 (scope package) or the Super 9 version 2.5 sniper. I know the super 9 is old, but it has that five shell thing which is sweet. I have heard many good things about the JG BAR 10. I don't think I will be playing to many airsoft battles, but more of just target practice and messing around so I don't care that much about it being a super fast or amazing sniper rifle and I don't think I will upgrade it very much at all... I just want a good airsoft gun out of the box. and the scope that came with the bar 10 looks sweet (it lights up!) but the super 9 is a little cheaper, but is it soooo old. Help me out guys, thanks!

David

Edited by davi02011

The Bar 10 is a great upgrading platform since it is completely compatible with the Tokyo Marui VSR10. As for the Super 9, yes it is a little outdated, but you also need to figure out a budget and what youre willing to spend. If you plan on keeping the gun for awhile and do some upgrading as you go along, then I would definitely go with the Bar 10.

The Bar 10 is a great upgrading platform since it is completely compatible with the Tokyo Marui VSR10. If you plan on keeping the gun for awhile and do some upgrading as you go along, then I would definitely go with the Bar 10.

^^ Did you read anything that he actually posted other than bar 10 vs. super 9??

I don't think I will upgrade it very much at all... I just want a good airsoft gun out of the box.

With that out of the way, the bar 10 is your best choice here.. I had a friend with a super 9 and it seemed cool to use the shells at first, but I got annoyed with them after 15 minutes.. The bar 10 is going to be a better rifle even if you don't upgrade it..

Instead of a bar10 vs. super 9 thread, since everyone is going to choose bar10, look at the utg sniper rifles, they are in the same price range as the bar 10 and it would give you a different option. Just an idea.

ok thank you for the advice, I probably will end up going with the bar 10, and should I buy .25 bb's for the best accuracy? and where should I buy them?

yes, .25s, and I would buy the bbs from the same place you are buying the gun from, that way you don't pay double shipping

yes, .25s, and I would buy the bbs from the same place you are buying the gun from, that way you don't pay double shipping

I would actually use .28s. The Bar10 has enough power for them.

SS3

I use .25s in my aeg that shoots 400 fps and its perfectly fine.

The bar 10 should be the same way.

Ooh no no! Definitely go with .28's or higher, (airsoftgi.com)...

You will have amazing accuracy with .28's stock.

wow. Never EVER EVER get the super 9. its mags suck, its barrel sucks, it has a nonopnealbe cylinder, and almost everything on it is plastic. This gun is terrible and you shouldnt even have to post something like this asking between the bar 10 and super 9. I hate to sound like im angry buy I would hate someone else to fall into the same trap I did becasue of people lying about how fast it shoots

wow. Never EVER EVER get the super 9. its mags suck, its barrel sucks, it has a nonopnealbe cylinder, and almost everything on it is plastic. This gun is terrible and you shouldnt even have to post something like this asking between the bar 10 and super 9. I hate to sound like im angry buy I would hate someone else to fall into the same trap I did becasue of people lying about how fast it shoots

Wow... I just got the Super 9 V2.5 a couple days ago, and it's all metal. It hits hard and after zeroing and adjusting the hopup it's pretty accurate up to about 140 feet. I still need to do some adjusting. Forget the shells, it comes with two 30 round clips anyway.

Yes, CLIPS, not magazines. They clip on the side of the barrel.

Personally, I like my Super 9.

Some people would say it's a trap to be convinced to buy a bar-10.

what is the difference between the two?

sorry to be a brash but, how do you give this guy advice earlier in this thread about buying a bar-10 and now you don't even know the difference between the two? please...if you don't have any knowledge on the subject, just be a bystander and learn. don't give advice on things you have absolutely no clue on. just because you've read here that the bar-10 is "wonder rifle" 125668745632 times on this forum, if you have no experience don't propagate.

I agree, I would just go with the bar 10 cause later you might find that you do want to really get into airsoft and then you would already have a good gun.

A long standing rule has been to avoid any sniper rifle made by UHC. The Super 9 in all of it's incarnations is garbage compared to pretty much ANY other true sniper rifle on the market.

Notice, even the guy who says its good says its only accurate to 140 feet. Even a decent stock AEG can usually hit very accurately out to at least 170 feet. That ought to tell you how crappy this thing is.