Buzzkill

Tanaka M40

I've been sniping for a number of years now and I'd like to think I'm pretty good. I use an M324 and I get the job done, but I feel that I need to move on to an actual sniper since the range on my sniper is the same as my pistol =/. I have one fear about gas snipers, are they really as inconsistent as people tell me they are? and I've seen on youtube, one of my fav users has the M40 and shot it at 50m about 55yrds with crosswinds of 8-13 mph, the accuracy was impeccable, he had a 2ROY VSR kit, Nineball hopup, promethius 555mm tightbore, and I think thats it, I can't buy all of that at once so I need to know what I should buy 1st to get better range and accuracy out of it, I was thinking the 2ROY kit, but the tightbore sounds good too. I NEED HELP! and if this gun isn't too good, please re-direct me to a better one that won't kill my wallet.

To upgrade to the 2roy you also need to change the barrel. The 2roy (king arms VSR conversion) requires the use of a VSR cut barrel, the tanaka barrel is not of that cut. So to do one, you must do the other. It is however completely worth it and those would be the first things id do to the rifle aside from Hamsters DIY mods which can be found if you search.

The gun is great, before I started the conversion it was an m40a1 rifle and I loved it. Very comfortable...the stock is ROCK solid...trust me ive cut mine up quite a bit and its very good quality =).

Other than that was mentioned above the rifle is extreamly skirmishable stock. If you live way up north though ( I live in mid NY level) it might be a little fluctuating in its performance. However this can easily be fixed with an HPA or Co2 regulated system which a lot of people actually do right off the bat because it gives amazing consistancy. For my temperature the gun performs fine...I cant use it in the winter very well (obviously) but the rest of the months it fairs very well for my liking.

Im not to sure, is it a promy aeg barrel? I used to have one in my gspec and it didnt work so I got the PSS10 airchamber.

It won't work in the tanaka K98 series.

Personally, I would get a VSR barrel rather than the prometheus AEG barrel.

Good Hunting :a-thumbsup:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=4221

that's the link, it says its made for marui VSR-10's and related products, so it should fit, right?

I just received my pre-ban tanaka m40a1 and I have to say...

I'm really f*cking impressed.

You can set the power up to fire .43g BBs at 500 FPS and the hopup is sufficient enough to keep them in the air all the way to 300 feet.

It's also unbelievably accurate and consistent. I'm used to a KJW which varies in gas pressure very often. This gun barely changes from shot to shot.

well thats all I wanted to hear, I've decided on this gun as soon as I get the cash and yes I believe the barrel length for the AICS is 555mm, no 100% sure, about 85% sure. as for the promy, I might get that beacause its designed for the VSR-10 so it should fit the 2ROY VSR-10 kit.

can I ask why they were banned? and how I would be able to find one?

In Japan, an old lady was killed by a high powered digicon handgun. New laws were passed banning all Airsoft guns from being capable of higher than 328fps. Therefore Tanaka Works had to take the PCS feature off their gas rifles bolts and restrict the nozzle. Export nozzles have now been introduced to go onto models leaving Japan.

You have to buy a PCS model second hand, or find a rare one still in stock since 2006.

Good Hunting :a-thumbsup:

I've been sniping for a number of years now and I'd like to think I'm pretty good. I use an M324 and I get the job done, but I feel that I need to move on to an actual sniper since the range on my sniper is the same as my pistol =/. I have one fear about gas snipers, are they really as inconsistent as people tell me they are? and I've seen on youtube, one of my fav users has the M40 and shot it at 50m about 55yrds with crosswinds of 8-13 mph, the accuracy was impeccable, he had a 2ROY VSR kit, Nineball hopup, promethius 555mm tightbore, and I think thats it, I can't buy all of that at once so I need to know what I should buy 1st to get better range and accuracy out of it, I was thinking the 2ROY kit, but the tightbore sounds good too. I NEED HELP! and if this gun isn't too good, please re-direct me to a better one that won't kill my wallet.

I have an m700 tanaka clone kjw take down version and yes unfortunatley they can be very edgy and unreliable a[\b \\\nd the upgrades on the youtube vid r upgraded and that plus the cost of the gun. One of my biggest problems is temperature with my gun n e thing below 60 u can see a sever decrease in how long the gas will last and therefore decreasing power fps and range. because of this effective use in the fall or winter is very hard so idealy u would want a spring gun and gas gun but that would be expensive so I say for now ur best bet is just looking for a better spring rifle

I have an m700 gas tanaka clone kjw take down version and yes unfortunatley they can be very edgy and unreliable and the upgrades on the youtube vid r upgraded and that plus the cost of the gun. One of my biggest problems is temperature with my gun n e thing below 60 u can see a sever decrease in how long the gas will last and therefore decreasing power fps and range. because of this effective use in the fall or winter is very hard so idealy u would want a spring gun and gas gun but that would be expensive so I say for now ur best bet is just looking for a better spring rifle

This topic is pretty stale. This is pretty much a necro-post, which is when you comment on a conversation that has been dead for a while. In this case, since last July. Please refrain from dredging up old conversations, as it will push more current ones further down the list... Also, please spell out words like any, rather than n e. Or you, rather than u.

Thanks ~Spud

I have a tanaka m40. I didn't get to any fields with it because the hopup broke but it shoots 200 ft and gets 500+ fps. anyway I wanted to know if you found any threads or websites that might tell me how to fix it or where to get new m40 parts to fix it myself.

yes, dude. and I really don't care if it's stale because this is the first website that I found that says anything about tanaka rifles at all so I'm kind of eager to ask questions and talk about my pre ban.

If you have any specific questions about your rifle please start a new thread instead of necro'ing old threads. We are more than happy to help you. This sub-section has plenty room.