kenny schumann

A&k Sr-25 Review

My freind has an echo 1 er25k and his is made out of pot metal but came with MOSFET and the dust cover was messed up the spring was installed bacwards so it's hard to open/adjust hop up.

He should have gotten this one

did yours come with MOSFET?

There's so many different kinds of metals that are considered "pot metal," where it's now somewhat funny. But anyways, mine did not come with a MOSFET (in case you were asking me, but regardless, mine didn't). The build quality is solid as a mother, it's amazing. Between the E1 and the A&K... There's no difference. They're both the same, just E1 installs Mosfets, I suppose (unless I have been terribly misinformed of who else makes a clone SR25 that E1 rebrands).

Edited by Fatboy 589

:a-grin: I chopped up the wires, and re-soldered them back together, and viola, the electrical system works. But when I closed it, put on the handgrip, and tested the motor with the gears. Something would jam after less than a minute. I figured it was just the shim job, or lack therefore of, but if you have any advice, please let me know.

ps. for the stock gears, what shims should I use on the specific gears. Ie: sector gear, 0.2 bottom, 0.3 top; ect....

do I need to get a whole new hopup system in order to get max accuracy? or can I just get an scs nub, and a new bucking?

I had no problem with the stock hop-up. Sometimes it would loosen up but I installed a lock washer and it fixed that. You just need a good quality bucking and SCS nub.

I just installed my scs nub, 6.01 tightbore, and systema bucking, and my shots are going MADLY curved to thr right(at 60 yards I have to compensate and aim almost 10 yards to the left of the target to hit it)... How can I fix this?.... im guessing its just the nub not being centered right in the hopup, but I wanna make sure before I open her back up and start tinkering around

I Really want to buy this gun I just have a few questions. First can I get any tightbore barrel and slap it on or do you have to get something special since it has the long gearbox. Second I'm looking for the best place to buy this gun from, Evike so far has the best price since they also offer free shipping. I never have particularly liked airsoft GI since their site is confusing to me and from what I have heard their specs are sketchy.

any help is appreciated

Im getting back into the game after a 7 month lay off. Yesterday I took my a&k sr25 out of the closet and shot a few rounds but damn, the gun wasn't shooting as far as it used to, maybe just a lousy 20ft :a-confused:. anywho, I remember stripping the gears and replacing it with a set of systema torque up gears. My question is, could that be the reason why its not shooting properly since its not CA torque up gears? I haven't fielded it since the time the gears stripped which was like 8 to 9 months ago...

Guest OpSic66
gtfo advertising your website

Uhh yeah, THAT's the proper way to handle that.

His post removed, and YOU added to my watch list.

Uhh yeah, THAT's the proper way to handle that.

His post removed, and YOU added to my watch list.

okay, well when he's posting everywhere and they're arent any mods to do anything about it at that moment it gets annoying

I've had my A&K for about a year or so, but shortly after getting it, the selector switch stopped working, I can turn it all ways but it's only shoots on full auto right now so I can't use semi-auto or put on the safety...anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?
Yeah your gonna have to take the gearbox out of the body and replace the selector plate.

I've spent....... lol way tooo much on my A&K SR-25 got it about, 2 years ago. And before I had started "tweaking" things around it got more and more worse but I suppose it was inevitable

Installed madbull 6.03mm 509mm barrel

First mistake.

Installed an SP150 spring, thinking "everything will be okay"

Stripped the piston, like the teeth was completely gone except for the metal one.

Installed G&P poly-carb piston and guarder wire harness, and close up the box.

GB makes odd noise and cannot fully cycle and learn that guarder's wire harness is a piece of crap {semi wont work}

Does some mad research and learn that G&P pistons are slightly larger and I shave that sucker's rail down a lot.

re-close it up, and I become a little happy cuz the gun shoots. yet awfully slow.

Install a Systema Magnum motor, lock washer on hopup and polar concave nub.

Stripped half of the pinion gear (still works but the motor height has to be at almost maximum though, this reduces torque, then again this is a systema.... doesnt really matter!

One in a while gun refuses to cycle due to the "piston" I believe or some unknown :censored2: problem.... Wireing harness melts due to stress of the Magnum (this things draws WAY tooo much amperes!)

Replace wireing harness with JF stock mosfet with IRF3403. and Stop using systema magnum motor due to the fact it messes everything up everytime I use it.

Gun works fantastical.

some time later

Out of curiosity, I put in the systema magnum motor again, and manage to fire a couple shots before mosfet fries (again this :pain: draws too much AMPS! wtf....)

Purchased an extreme fire mosfet.

Fixes my problems.

Never had a problem with the selector plate. I regularly check up on my GB and clean up the grime that finds its way in there.

Im sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but you guys really seem to know what you guys are talking about.

I was wondering will a M4/M16 style stock fit on this rifle?

Yes.