to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
cactus_manga

My 1st Aeg

So I just got my first AEG, from a shady dealer for quite a lot of money, need some help on identifying the AEG and so on.

So, its an AK-47 S I'm guessing, it has a folding stock and railings on the grip, I assume its an R.I.S railing, there's no marking of a brand whatsoever on the gun or the box but it does say made in China, the english printed on the box and manual is also real bad, like it says on the box A47 not AK and "enhance Hop up", the manuals pics mostly look like the TM manuals but I think it should be same for other companies as well? I had to squeeze out around 800 USD, a bit more.

It came with a full metal body but the grip is made of plastic and rubber I think, its real hard but I think its because the AK is second hand ( which he didn't tell me ) and there are scratches around the pistol grip and such, the AK basically feels really old and has sweat I think.... it also came with a 600 round mag made of plastic and a foregrip which I don't yet know how to attach.

I would include some pics but the gun isn't with me and my friend doesn't have a camera so I'll try to get pics soon. For those who want to know I bought it in Malaysia which is my home country and I had to leave it with a friend since I came back to Australia, both countries have banned airsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Just give me opinions and stuff about what I did, I know 800 is alot for an airsoft gun, especially a Chinese brand, but hey, its illegal here. Although my AK isn't the shiniest thing, not the "newest" thing, but heck, its my 1st AEG ,not counting the TM minis , and I'm so happy about it.

other than it being illegal, which is something I wouldn't advertise, I think it is the firepower a47. Is the box mostly black? If it is, I am nearly certain that is the gun, but I can't be 100% sure. A picture could tell me for near sure.

Well, if its against forum rules sure I won't do it. Anywho the box is mostly black, any info on that gun?

yes! sounds like you have the JG (I have the same one, judging by all the features you described) its a good gun, and it gets the job done.

Wait did you say you spent $800 on an airsoft gun that you had no idea what is was or how reliable the dealer was?

What the.. you know im not even going to go there. That just sounds like plain stupidity, considering a firepower a47 cost about $130 USD.

Wait did you say you spent $800 on an airsoft gun that you had no idea what is was or how reliable the dealer was?

What the.. you know im not even going to go there. That just sounds like plain stupidity, considering a firepower a47 cost about $130 USD.

and the Jing Gong costs about $90 O_O

Well I wish the topic starter would clear that up for me. I just cant believe you would spend $800 on something that you had no idea about or any knowledge about it. It just boggles my mind that this goes on. The PRC is probably reading this going "Hey if he spent $800 on a gun that he dosen't even know what it is, we could like raise the price of JGs to like $900ea."

Edited by Team Redneck Coming At You!!

Well I wish the topic starter would clear that up for me. I just cant believe you would spend $800 on something that you had no idea about or any knowledge about it. It just boggles my mind that this goes on. The PRC is probably reading this going "Hey if he spent $800 on a gun that he dosen't even know what it is, we could like raise the price of JGs to like $900ea."

Something about me doubt's that. If so, not a single person would ever get one, when you can get better for much cheaper.

I seriously think you lost about $700.

Edited by King Five

Guest jimbobby
So I just got my first AEG, from a shady dealer for quite a lot of money, need some help on identifying the AEG and so on.

So, its an AK-47 S I'm guessing, it has a folding stock and railings on the grip, I assume its an R.I.S railing, there's no marking of a brand whatsoever on the gun or the box but it does say made in China, the english printed on the box and manual is also real bad, like it says on the box A47 not AK and "enhance Hop up", the manuals pics mostly look like the TM manuals but I think it should be same for other companies as well? I had to squeeze out around 800 USD, a bit more.

It came with a full metal body but the grip is made of plastic and rubber I think, its real hard but I think its because the AK is second hand ( which he didn't tell me ) and there are scratches around the pistol grip and such, the AK basically feels really old and has sweat I think.... it also came with a 600 round mag made of plastic and a foregrip which I don't yet know how to attach.

I would include some pics but the gun isn't with me and my friend doesn't have a camera so I'll try to get pics soon. For those who want to know I bought it in Malaysia which is my home country and I had to leave it with a friend since I came back to Australia, both countries have banned airsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Just give me opinions and stuff about what I did, I know 800 is alot for an airsoft gun, especially a Chinese brand, but hey, its illegal here. Although my AK isn't the shiniest thing, not the "newest" thing, but heck, its my 1st AEG ,not counting the TM minis , and I'm so happy about it.

1. Its a half-decent gun.

2. You got ripped off by about 700 USD.

Something about me doubt's that. If so, not a single person would ever get one, when you can get better for much cheaper.

I seriously think you lost about $700.

Im not the one that lost the money, the topic starter is. My point was why would you spend money on something that you have no idea what it is? For example:

I put water that is dyed blue into an empty bottle, call it some kind of magical potion and sell it to some guy for $100. Now that may sound like a stupid idea, but when you see someone who just spent $800 on a JG, you think to yourself " hey if I found someone dumb enough I could sell them dog poop for fifty bucks."

Guest jimbobby
Im not the one that lost the money, the topic starter is. My point was why would you spend money on something that you have no idea what it is? For example:

I put water that is dyed blue into an empty bottle, call it some kind of magical potion and sell it to some guy for $100. Now that may sound like a stupid idea, but when you see someone who just spent $800 on a JG, you think to yourself " hey if I found someone dumb enough I could sell them dog poop for fifty bucks."

I didn't quote you, I quoted the OP..... :a-confused:

yes! sounds like you have the JG (I have the same one, judging by all the features you described) its a good gun, and it gets the job done.

he said it had a metal body, the only JG's that have metal body's are mp5's.

he said it had a metal body, the only JG's that have metal body's are mp5's.

do you have it? with the exception of the pistol grip, hand guard and stock it is entirely metal.

It came with a full metal body but the grip is made of plastic and rubber

how ever he didnt describe which grip is plastic/rubber perhaps he could enlighten us

Edited by Cryozen

800.00 ! LOL.. Hey give the guy a break! :a-laugh:

For future reference.. maybe you should check out some American websites like AirsoftGI.com or Evike.com or AirsoftExteme..

800 .00 bucks could have gotten you a top of the line airsoft gun, with lasers, bells, computer chips all inside it, a creamy filling, and it would transform into optimus prime at night.. just so you know. :a-crazy:

Dudes, yeah I know its expensive, at 1st I thought the guy had the body changed with a metal body and stuff, but I don't really know, so I thought it was a metal gear box that made it so expensive. The guy is reliable as he has his own shop, not publicly for airsoft, I asked around and the price of other guns like the CA M14 was much higher. He said something about shipping the stuff through freights so there were heavy taxes or payments, I don't know. Anyway, it is real expensive and I know that man, but its not like I could go to other countries and bring them in.

Back to business, if its a JG, isn't it supposed to have a brand marking or something? The grip is what I think really hard rubber or plastic, it is quite sturdy but it could just be old rubber. The pistol grip is the same material as the grip. And what year was the JG released?

Okay, thanks guys, your 'overwhelming response' really encourages me. If anyone has some good ideas just pm me or say so, I do not live in the US so its hard for me.

Edit: Okay okay, I guess it is stupid to get the gun for that price, guess I'll never play airsoft.

Edited by Cactus_manga

Back to business, if its a JG, isn't it supposed to have a brand marking or something?

my JG doesnt have a single Branding mark. and no, the grips are supposed to be hard plastic. if they were rubbery, it be easy to hurt the motor in the pistol grip wouldnt it? oh and the outer barrel assembly would just slide off of the gun. so I doubt its old if that is your justification of the age.

and just because you over payed once doesnt mean you need to quit airsoft. now you know for next time that JGs arn't worth any more then 150 bucks :P

Edited by Cryozen

You don't get it dude, this is the only dealer I could find, if I go to him again wouldn't it be the same thing? I mean, not to sound like a baby, but this really sucks, I guess all of it wasn't worth it. And just to clarify, I didn't know the brand, the AK was modded but I just don't have experience to tell what was modded, and lastly I DO know the prices for airsoft in the US and in other countries. I just thought since a full metal gearbox would cost around 500-600 so with the gun which is about 100-150 would be around 700 and more for his fee since it isn't easy getting the stuff in.

You don't get it dude, this is the only dealer I could find, if I go to him again wouldn't it be the same thing? I mean, not to sound like a baby, but this really sucks, I guess all of it wasn't worth it. And just to clarify, I didn't know the brand, the AK was modded but I just don't have experience to tell what was modded, and lastly I DO know the prices for airsoft in the US and in other countries. I just thought since a full metal gearbox would cost around 500-600 so with the gun which is about 100-150 would be around 700 and more for his fee since it isn't easy getting the stuff in.

oh jee that really sucks. but are you sure those fees and stuff are real? cause if the dealer told you he might just use that as an excuse to milk you dry (financially of course)

Edited by Cryozen

Yeah, considered that too, but what can I do? Ask him for a receipt? I would seem like a cop then wouldn't I?

I just googled it, and look what came up on the red wolf website:

For Singapore / Malaysia / Thailand / Indonesia, airsoft is very much out of the question and are completely banned, unless you have special government approval or authorization to import

Malaysia sucks

1st off, rank post.

2nd, just because some place has strict codes on airsoft doesnt mean that it sucks, from what I read you need a permit to import (my cousin in Thailand places airsoft all the time and according to red wolf it has the same legal status in Thailand as in Malaysia). In the Netherlands airsoft is Illegal but I still go there twice a year. don't judge a place because of some laws regarding (of all things) a HOBBY.

Was the server down? Sorry for the late reply... but I need to correct you, it says you need special permits BUT how are you going to obtain special permits? Its the same as in Australia, paintball licenses are allowed because you say you want to paintball, they ask why airsoft? You want to airsoft? Why because it looks real and can be used to rob a bank? It hurts less than paintball? Too bad... The police here are not as highly trained as other countries so they'd rather not have airsoft to deal with.

There is no way I could get a license unless I can pull some strings, or have a filming permit and use it for a movie. I don't know, I'm pissed off about the rules. But unlike Australia, Malaysia's cops aren't that smart which makes it possible to smuggle them in easier, its just the dealer jaking the price up. Anyway... I asked some dudes I met in my country for airsoft, they paid the price too, I find it hard to believe them but they said most of the money is used for bribes to smuggle the stuff in.

Lastly, Malaysia doesn't suck, the government sucks.. I do love my country, its great, cheap living costs, its all wonderful. Well, thanks anyway dudes, I'm pretty happy with the results although the AK was only USD100-150... Could you tell me how your bro gets his airsoft Cryozen? I want to try.

For future reference.. maybe you should check out some American websites like AirsoftGI.com or Evike.com or AirsoftExteme..

800 .00 bucks could have gotten you a top of the line airsoft gun, with lasers, bells, computer chips all inside it, a creamy filling, and it would transform into optimus prime at night.. just so you know. :a-crazy:

LOL

Could you tell me how your bro gets his airsoft Cryozen? I want to try.

I was recently talking to him, he says that you can get airsoft guns in stands on the streets and its insanely popular.

so . . . look for airsoft stands in the street? lol

EDIT- and hes my cousin, just making sure you know, hehe.

Edited by Cryozen

Man really don't know how fortuntane you are to you hear of someone paying 800 bucks for a jg. Atleast it wasnt the a47 lepg which was the first gun I owned. It had a plastic gearbox that started to smoke about 2 weeks in. Just saying it could have been worse.

And siged

Our hearts go out to you! thats a terrible situation to be in.

but how easy is it to get parts? now that you have a gun you might be able to get by if you can get upgrades or replacement parts for it.

Well, As far as I know everyone here plays with stock AEGs and normally a better spring. This topics gettin old, time to start a new one.

what makes you say that? look in the funny section, the motivator thread has been going on for a while.

EDIT- is this the same gun by the way?

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.ph...;#entry17780359

Edited by Cryozen