to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
AJB32690

Airsoftgi Sent Me A Free Rifle?

So, idk what happened here, but somehow asgi sent me a rifle. I had placed an order for an E1 G3, scope mount, extra mags, bbs, and a few other things back in April. I got the package the next week. Then today, another package shows up from asgi, filled with the exact same things I had ordered before. The invoice inside the package said order date: 04/07/08. Somehow their system got messed up and said that my package was never delivered. I checked my bank account and they didnt charge me twice. So somehow they sent me a free rifle... Should I keep it or what?

There is no wrong in keeping it so don't feel like a bad person... They sent you a gun, if they screwed up, you didn't do anything wrong, keep it or sell it if you'd like.. Or if you are a hearted man give it back..

If it were me, I'd probably just keep it cause of how much business I have with them, like a small bonus for me... but it's your choice, don't feel bad if you lean twords wanting to keep... I surley would as stated...

Edited by Halo0004

So, idk what happened here, but somehow asgi sent me a rifle. I had placed an order for an E1 G3, scope mount, extra mags, bbs, and a few other things back in April. I got the package the next week. Then today, another package shows up from asgi, filled with the exact same things I had ordered before. The invoice inside the package said order date: 04/07/08. Somehow their system got messed up and said that my package was never delivered. I checked my bank account and they didnt charge me twice. So somehow they sent me a free rifle... Should I keep it or what?

Hey make bank! Sell it on here if you don't need it! haa it will probaly be up for sale tomorrow...

Brand New Echo1 G3 w/ bunch of accesories AirSoft Items For Sale AJB32690

Please don't ask how/where I got it!!!

haaa jk

but you do what your heart feels is right :a-yesnod:....?

Edited by Dat_Vato_Loco13

Guest rws591

Send them an email, be honest about it. They will probably let you keep it.

Karma will **** you in the *** if you don't do what is right. Trust me. It wouldn't be the first time it happened to me. Ask them and be honest. Who knows, they might even reward you for your honesty in return. But do not steal. That is why we have men and women fighting these wars overseas, and dying. Just take a look around you and realize what you are doing before you do it.

I don't think I'd keep it. I would return it with an E-Mail or message sent to them at the same time saying something along the lines of,

I hope you can see the honesty and selflessness I am showing by returning these after you made an error.

And let them know you are sacrificing, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc.

I bet if you told them, they'd let you keep it anyway. It's more of a hassle for them to organize to pay for the shipping, check to make sure all the original packaging is untampered with, fix their inventory, put it back in the right spot in the warehouse. They're such a high-volume business that one extra order probably won't mean that much to them. If you've already opened any of it, they almost defiantly won't want it back.

Good behavior, morals, and character will pay off itself. Do the right thing. And I think it's quite clear what the right thing to do is.

I would email them and say you got all the BBs and accessories or w/e but not the gun and if they say to send it back and they will reward you or w/e, then send it all back, if not just send the BBs etc :a-thumbsup:

but agreed, karma is a :censored2:

Edited by w4rr0ck_h4x0rz

Guys, we are all airsofters. One very important thing that sets us apart from paintball is that we play by honor and integrity by calling each other and ourselves out when we are hit. Do what is right and do not try and cheat a fellow airsofter out of his/her right. Email or call ASGI as they are an amazing supplier and maintain your integrity and honor as an airsofter. You may not get any personal gain by notifying them but at least you did the right thing and thats +1 in my book and anyone else's of integrity.

I'd tell them that they sent you the gun, because even though its their fault it is technically stealing, if you don't tell them or anything. It's baisically stealing $200!

Guest rws591
I would email them and say you got all the BBs and accessories or w/e but not the gun and if they say to send it back and they will reward you or w/e, then send it all back, if not just send the BBs etc :a-thumbsup:

but agreed, karma is a :censored2:

That is even more dishonest then not claiming it.

That is even more dishonest then not claiming it.

I wasnt talking honesty, I was talkig "either way you win" lol

if you wanna be honest, send them an email, and if they ask for it back, give it back

=) simple

just mail them and tell them your situation, and if worst comes to worst they'll ask you to send it back, in which case you tell them to pay for shipping, since it was their fault.

But tel them for sure, cuz if you don't you will forever feel guilt, or at least I do :p

and the warrock hackor dude... that is perhaps the stupidest thing ive ever heard, and its dirty and dishonest..

who knows dude, they'll most likely let you keep it since, as said, its too much of a hassle to put it back in the warehouse and stuff

No it isn't, it was sent to you.

yes it was sent to him, but by a mistake.....

its very comparable to someone dropping a wallet, its just different ways of "dropping" it

the way I see it, is, this thread will keep on going, because not everyone on ASF will agree on something, and eventually a mod wil get sick of this enough to close it, in which case the OP will prolly send it back anyway because everyone here secretly knows thats the right thing to do

Edited by w4rr0ck_h4x0rz

it's really up to you, and you can take either side about wether to keep it or return it... but I'd return it due to the laws of Airsoft Karma.

Like said before, send an email to Airsoft GI, telling them that they sent you an extra gun and ask them for a mailing address and wether or not you'll be reimbursed for shipping it back. Airsoft GI might just say keep it because of the hassle of getting it back and then paying you to ship it... you never know.

I am all for sending it back. For the most part I think they will let you keep it, and if they don't they will no doubt give you something for the hassle of sending it back to them. This happened to me with Ehobbyasia; they sent me a backpack by accident. My father sent them an email saying they sent it by accident. They said that we had to send it back and that we would have to pay fo it to be shipped back. My father told them that they would have to pay and then they said " Keep it " because they did not want to have to pay to ship it back. So I say tell GI and feel good with yourself.

call them and tell them you got a second gun, I had this happenw ith airsoft atlanta once and they said I could keep it :)

anyways do the right thing

lol I think almost everyone who has posted here has said to call/email/write them

to the OP, do it! lol

in reply to 'always do the right thing'... well sometimes its better to break the rules every now and then. seriously

but generally, USUALLY always do the right thing