Sign in to follow this  
kamikazefighta6000

Whats The Best Inner Barrel?

What is the overall best barrel that you can put into a vsr (prefferably 430mm length) in terms of distance, accuracy, fps, etc.

PDI and EDGI are pretty close. The difference is PDIs are made out of steel. While EDGI are made out of brass. EDGI are bull barrels while PDIs aren't. EDGIs come to about $80 shipped. PDI come to about $160 shipped. The accuracy of the PDI is only slightly more than that of the EDGI.

SS3

PDI and EDGI are pretty close. The difference is PDIs are made out of steel. While EDGI are made out of brass. EDGI are bull barrels while PDIs aren't. EDGIs come to about $80 shipped. PDI come to about $160 shipped. The accuracy of the PDI is only slightly more than that of the EDGI.

SS3

I currently run a PDI 6.01mm 430 tightbore in my vsr. I can speak for it's quality but I haven;t handled an edgi barrel so theres not much comment I can make besides they seem generally well received on this and other forums. What I can tell you about, is the PDI though, and it is certainly an excellent barrel. The barrel is made of stainless steel and it is of the utmost highest tolerances. I've heard that the PDI barrels are made much like a real steel barrel is made, from a solid block of stainless and then cnc milled. The biggest difference is obviosly the lack of rifling inside the barrel. Due to the super high tolerances accuracy and velocity from your shots will certainly increase with the PDI 6.01. One thing I would recommend is using PLENTY of barrel spacers to keep the vibration to a bare minimum. I got my barrel at airsoftatlanta, for $114.99 + shipping. But that particular order was over 200, so shipping was free. I'd highly recommend airsoftatlanta by the way..

SS3

what about the newest pdi barrels: the 6.04 bull barrels which are even more expensive than the 6.01 barrel. I heard someone say they were the most accurate, but never heard anyone recommending it.

I currently run a PDI 6.01mm 430 tightbore in my vsr. I can speak for it's quality but I haven;t handled an edgi barrel so theres not much comment I can make besides they seem generally well received on this and other forums. What I can tell you about, is the PDI though, and it is certainly an excellent barrel. The barrel is made of stainless steel and it is of the utmost highest tolerances. I've heard that the PDI barrels are made much like a real steel barrel is made, from a solid block of stainless and then cnc milled. The biggest difference is obviosly the lack of rifling inside the barrel. Due to the super high tolerances accuracy and velocity from your shots will certainly increase with the PDI 6.01. One thing I would recommend is using PLENTY of barrel spacers to keep the vibration to a bare minimum. I got my barrel at airsoftatlanta, for $114.99 + shipping. But that particular order was over 200, so shipping was free. I'd highly recommend airsoftatlanta by the way..

do you know if you got an increase in fps, or a decrease in fps when switching to the 6.01. someone told me that you'll get better distance and fps with the 6.05, but more accuracy with the 6.01.

do you know if you got an increase in fps, or a decrease in fps when switching to the 6.01. someone told me that you'll get better distance and fps with the 6.05, but more accuracy with the 6.01.

im pretty sure redwolf proved that 6.01 increases FPS. The 6.04 are thicker barrels which lessen the vibration. Thats why I reccommended you earlier to use plenty of spacers...