to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
mickle207

Do Bore Ups Really Help?

I was just wondering if the 1mm increase in total diameter of the cylinder was really going to make a big difference... I don't see how it would really effect the rifle's accuracy. Im currently using the pss10 teflon cylinder along with the piston that came with the zero trigger and I'm just contemplating if its really worth changing...

I was just wondering if the 1mm increase in total diameter of the cylinder was really going to make a big difference... I don't see how it would really effect the rifle's accuracy. Im currently using the pss10 teflon cylinder along with the piston that came with the zero trigger and I'm just contemplating if its really worth changing...

According to "Generally Accepted Airsoft Theory" aka, GAAT (just coined by Bodie :a-thumbsup: ) bore up cylinders are necessary only with barrel lengths over 430mm. The theory is that the volume of the cylinder should be greater than or equal to the volume of the barrel. This theory logically makes sense to me. If a barrel is 554mm it has roughly 20% more volume than a 430mm would have. So the longer you make the barrel, the more air required to shoot the bb with enough force to keep it accurate. Granted a 1mm increase in diamater doesnt seem to make a big difference, but they cylinder isn't hugely wide to begin. Marked man is also correct in stating you could use a weaker spring to push a larger volume of air out. Unfortunately there's really no objective answer to your question. The only way to know for sure is if you have 2 different setup side by side an compare..

-Bodie

if you've already spent 100 bucks on that teflon cylinder.... just use that until its no good anymore. whats also good about the laylax cylinder over the bore-up one is that the bore-up cylinder is all chromed out which makes you that much easier to spot in the field. you may think that because its only a 2 inch piece of shiny metal, it wont stand out but I can't count how many times I've spotted other players only because of their exposed bolt, or their nickel-plated pistol. well I guess u can always paint that part over, but I prefer not to paint any moving parts of my gun.

if you've already spent 100 bucks on that teflon cylinder.... just use that until its no good anymore. whats also good about the laylax cylinder over the bore-up one is that the bore-up cylinder is all chromed out which makes you that much easier to spot in the field. you may think that because its only a 2 inch piece of shiny metal, it wont stand out but I can't count how many times I've spotted other players only because of their exposed bolt, or their nickel-plated pistol. well I guess u can always paint that part over, but I prefer not to paint any moving parts of my gun.

I have the teflon cylinder and absolutely love it. The bore up kit is available in palsonite (matte black) finishing. I'm not sure what my next sniper rifle will be, might be a L96 a M24. or a longshot another VSR but with a bore up kit... Only time will tell.. Holla if u need me randall...

Edited by Bodie