I've heard stories of guys converting their Maruzen 870 shotguns into sniper rifles by switching out a few internals, puting in a different barrel, and attatching a silencer. So basically what you're left with is a rifle that has the range and accuracy of APS's and VSRs, but with a shotgun-type pump action. I really want to try this if its not too expensive. Has anyone seen this done before, and do you know what kind of parts you would need?

I've heard stories of guys converting their Maruzen 870 shotguns into sniper rifles by switching out a few internals, puting in a different barrel, and attatching a silencer. So basically what you're left with is a rifle that has the range and accuracy of APS's and VSRs, but with a shotgun-type pump action. I really want to try this if its not too expensive. Has anyone seen this done before, and do you know what kind of parts you would need?

we actually had a member on this forum that did this, but I don't recall if he told how.

. . .the Harbinger. . .

ps, please don't post it that thread

Edited by LtAttiic

we actually had a member on this forum that did this, but I don't recall if he told how.

. . .the Harbinger. . .

ps, please don't post it that thread

hmm... thats pretty interesting. I think it would be a lot more effective if he put a longer barrel in there tho. I wonder if that shotgun is compatible with any of the aps/l96 barrels.

The CAW (Echo1) M1014 Shotgun fits the bill for a slug gun-type sniper rifle. A little while back I was asking the same question, but I never posted it. Most of my research pointed me to the CAW shotgun series. They are single shot, rifle-like, pump action, powerful and pretty accurate. They also provide an area to mount optics. They are kind of pricey but the internals are nice and sturdy and you don't have to make any major mods on them.