to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
dagerftw

Echo 1 Gearbox Help

hello. I need some help figuring out my echo 1 m4 gearbox. basically I took it apart because the cylinder kept jamming and I couldn't get it unjammed. well now I have it apart and im not quite sure why it was jamming, I was assuming something was stripped or bent but that doesn't seem to be the case. either way im not sure how to reset the gear positions because when I opened up the two halves, the spring unjammed and shot everything out and messed em up. I know the general placement of them but I don't know how to set the half gear and the cylinder back to normal. if anyone could point me to a picture guide or explain in somewhat decent detail, it would be really helpful.

[edit] whoops almost forgot... some of the important parts you might need to know:

Systema 6mm metal bushings

Systema M120

Systema duracon piston head

Echo 1 cylinder set with polycarbonate piston

Echo 1 spring guide with bearing

Tokyo Marui EG1000

thanks,

D

Edited by dagerftw

hello. I need some help figuring out my echo 1 gearbox. basically I took it apart because the cylinder kept jamming and I couldn't get it unjammed. well now I have it apart and im not quite sure why it was jamming, I was assuming something was stripped or bent but that doesn't seem to be the case. either way im not sure how to reset the gear positions because when I opened up the two halves, the spring unjammed and shot everything out and messed em up. I know the general placement of them but I don't know how to set the half gear and the cylinder back to normal. if anyone could point me to a picture guide or explain in somewhat decent detail, it would be really helpful.

thanks,

D

This site should have everything you need. If this doesn't answer your question, PM me and I will be glad to help.

EDIT: Whoa sorry, I didn't notice that you said Echo 1 M4. For some reason I was thinking G36. Hmm... Here is the new link

Edited by Ion

That's the wrong link. M4s have V2 gearboxes. Look for the V2 spring upgrade video.

Great site, helped me with my gearbox. (my G36 gearbox was a pain!! I spent like 6-8 hours trying to get it back together. I eventually just took it in. I think my gearbox was just funky. The tappet plate was making the gears imitate the leaning tower of Pisa....)

got it working somehow. just if you go on auto and it doesn't finish a full rotation it will jam and the only way to fix it is to push back the piston with a screwdriver from the side and press the trigger. would that mean the motor is getting worn out and cant 'turn it over'?