Brainplay

Constructing An Air Rig *56k Death*

Durability - yes.

Consistency - probably (I want to say yes, but I don't know for sure).

FPS - It'll increase your FPS at a given PSI rating. While this isn't a bad thing, it isn't good either because it means that you have to adjust your regulator differently to make sure your gun is shooting within field limits.

Ok, first of all: sorry for resurrecting this thread from the depths of the Internet and sorry for my ignorance in matters of these types of rigs.

I want to convert my KJW M700 to HPA/CO2 but have a few questions. I hope the more experienced people here don't mind answering them. Here we go:

- As pressure is regulated, I'm assuming it will be no problem to adjust for FPS to be BELOW 500 fps with .2's (field limits :S). Can anyone confirm?

- What is the added advantage over using a quick disconnect near the magazine instead of a custom fitting? (I will be using a slide check aswell)

- The regulators listed in this thread (and others I have found), seem to be either discontinued of very hard to obtain. (new, I've found some on ebay etc). Would you have reservations about using a second hand unit? If I wanted to buy a new unit, which (currently available) brands/types would you guys recommend?

Thank you for your help!

Ok, first of all: sorry for resurrecting this thread from the depths of the Internet and sorry for my ignorance in matters of these types of rigs.

I want to convert my KJW M700 to HPA/CO2 but have a few questions. I hope the more experienced people here don't mind answering them. Here we go:

- As pressure is regulated, I'm assuming it will be no problem to adjust for FPS to be BELOW 500 fps with .2's (field limits :S). Can anyone confirm?

Yes. Depending on your regulator, you can go as low or as high as you regulator allows. Some regs are go all the way to 0psi while others cap at 50psi. 500fps is usually between 90psi-120psi depending on your setup. *Note: some regs like the BL torpedo do poorly at really low psi despite being able to be adjusted to 0psi. Check for reviews of a regulator before you purchase.

- What is the added advantage over using a quick disconnect near the magazine instead of a custom fitting? (I will be using a slide check aswell)

Air efficiency. You have to pressurize the magazine and hoses leading from the regulator. The closer the shut off valve is to the magazine the less air is lost when you disconnect. For those using large tanks, this isn't a big deal. To those using 12gr. caplets this is a more pressing issue. You might only get 1 and 1/2 long mags worth of air out of the caplet if you let the rest bleed out during a reload.

- The regulators listed in this thread (and others I have found), seem to be either discontinued of very hard to obtain. (new, I've found some on ebay etc). Would you have reservations about using a second hand unit? If I wanted to buy a new unit, which (currently available) brands/types would you guys recommend?

Palmers, Hyperlines, and Custom Products (CP) regulators are fairly common. You really can't go a single page on Ebay without seeing a CP reg ($60) if you do a search for regs. Most paintball shops have these in stock as well (except the Palmers which is usually only sold by their website). If you go with a Hyper/Hyperline series just make sure it has standard ASA threads. Descriptions at websites should tell you or ask the seller.

Thank you for your help!

Do I understand correctly that you will lose pressure when you reload BBs (without detaching the co2 rig?) if you don't use a quick slide and disconnect the mag before reloading?

Will this regulator work:

http://cgi.PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO EBAY SITES. COPY AND PASTE AD DETAILS HERE - THEIR ADS GO AWAY AFTER 90 DAYS/Custom-Products-Regula...e7#ht_500wt_922

Thanks again.

..and now to find someone who will actually ship this stuff to Europe :S

Do I understand correctly that you will lose pressure when you reload BBs (without detaching the co2 rig?) if you don't use a quick slide and disconnect the mag before reloading?

Will this regulator work:

<a href="http://cgi.PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO EBAY SITES. COPY AND PASTE AD DETAILS HERE - THEIR ADS GO AWAY AFTER 90 DAYS/Custom-Products-Regulator-Short-w-Gauge-Port-Pewter-/380341856487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588e2428e7#ht_500wt_922" target="_blank">http://cgi.PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO EBAY SITES. COPY AND PASTE AD DETAILS HERE - THEIR ADS GO AWAY AFTER 90 DAYS/Custom-Products-Regula...e7#ht_500wt_922</a>

Thanks again.

..and now to find someone who will actually ship this stuff to Europe :S

No. You will lose pressure only if you detach the hose from the magazine. Remember, some people carry multiple magazines.

Right,

It appears that the 1/8" NPT fittings (or anything 1/8" NPT, like a tap) are very very hard to get here in the Netherlands. I've went to every hardware store in the area, but no luck. Not even in Webshops..

The only thing I've found is are some ebay listings.

I'd need a

-1x 1/8" NPT 45 degree elbow male to female (the one used in Brainplay's magazine)

-2x 1/8" NPT 90 degree elbow male to female (same one as above, just with 90degree angle)

-1x 1/8" NPT male to 1/8" NPT male nipple of about 1,5 inch (to connect regulator to the CO2 source)

To get this delivered to me I'd have to pay around $20 (excl taxes and duty). This is a bit steep I think, seeing that the prices listed in this thread are all under $2 per item.

So...I was wondering, would anyone of you US peeps be willing to go to the hardware store, pick up these things, and send them to me? I will pay in advance (item costs and shipping) , via PayPal. I know I don't have any references here, but I'm hoping that is not big of a problem. I have 100% ebay rating (hole-nl), although not a lot of transactions....

If this request is illegal or against forum rules, I do apologize. Please delete this post if so.

And..thanks for even considering helping me out...cheers.

Edit: if anyone knows of a European webshop selling these at decent prices, I'd apreciate that info too!

Edited by Holenl

Under $2 a fitting? If I remember right, all the fittings I bought were about $5 or so. All in all $30 for all those parts is much but not ridiculus considering you can't get them locally. You may want to check around at mcmastercarr for the parts you want. If you want to swap mags I recommend you get one of their qd hookups as they stop airflow when unhooked instead of reducing it like a slide.

As for necro posting in this thread, I think its better having the topic all in one thread instead of spread out.

Under $2 a fitting? If I remember right, all the fittings I bought were about $5 or so. All in all $30 for all those parts is much but not ridiculus considering you can't get them locally. You may want to check around at mcmastercarr for the parts you want. If you want to swap mags I recommend you get one of their qd hookups as they stop airflow when unhooked instead of reducing it like a slide.

As for necro posting in this thread, I think its better having the topic all in one thread instead of spread out.

Thanks for looking everyone. I was able to find a shop in the Czech replublic (of all places) that had the parts I need, at good prices too. And it's inside the EU, so I won't have to pay taxes/duty..

And, for the people in the same situation: it www.paintballshop.cz

(Not only did they have the fittings I needed, but also co2 quick change and remote line...otherwise I think the shipping (€15) would have been too steep for just the fittings) Still, good deal all around..

I'm sorry for posting on this ancient thread but I am new here and I need some help.

I'm making a remote co2 rig for my WE Scar Open bolt, I already have an empire 20oz tank, a remote line with slide check and quick disconnect, and a palmers Rock regulator. I am wondering what I will have to do to be able to use my Rock, seeing that it has 1/8 npt input and a 10-32 output. What size are standard Co2 tanks' output threads? I need to to go from tank (thread size unknown) to Rock (1/8 npt) to a gauge (which I do not have yet, a link to one would be very helpful) then to the remote line which has the qd and slide check on it (I assume the input threads of this are the same size as the tank's output threads)

All help would be nice, links especially, I live in the US so I doubt shipping will be a big issue.

Thanks

You need an ASA adapter to screw onto the tank, a 1/8NPT hose to go from the ASA to the regulator input, then you have some options on the output side. You can either adapt up to a 1/8NPT or you can use 10/32 fittings, or you can sell that reg and buy something else (personally I'd do this, then buy a Palmers Boulder - I'm doing just this because I need a secondary LPR with my WA M4s since the Palmers Stabilizer I run right now just can't keep up with anything but semi and I don't feel like hunting for an LPR that I can work with easily).

The part to the right with the knob on top is the ASA. Most regs have gauge holes built into the body. Just remove the port cover, put some plumber's tape on the threads, then tighten the gauge on with a wrench.

IMGP0291.jpg

Wow that was a lot faster than I had thought, there is an ASA adapter on the top of the remote coil, so I can simply remove that, then using a 1/8 npt male-male pipe connect the two and connect the output to the rest of the remote line? Simple enough, I have heard of people tapping the Rock's output with a 1/8 npt tap, but I wanted to do some research before I did that, I would think that would ruin the structural integrity of the reg, no? I'll probably just go with a 10-32 to 1/8 npt adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008213Y7U/ref=s9_simh_gw_p328_d2_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1QVB4S0NXEAWEPFNJXQ8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846)

Thanks for your help, that was quick and very helpful!