ultimentra

Are G36 Integrated Scopes Really That Bad?

I have been pondering this for quite some time now. I have heard stories and rumors but not much straight out saying that the integrated scopes in non railed G36s like the TSD G36 have horrible capabilities and barely function like scopes. Is this true?

Most people don't realize that the real carry handle optic on the real G36 functions the same way and has similar eye relief. That optic would be ground-breaking if it had eye relief that allowed my cheek to be as far back on the stock as when I use iron sights or my red dot.

If you look at similar short-tubed optics like the (real or replica) ACOG or ELCAN (magnifying models of course) they have the same eye relief, but are raised in design to allow your eye to get right up to them.

Are the replica G36 carry handle optics usable? Absolutely. Are they ideal? No. I usually use an Eotech replica for most targeting and switch to the carry handle optic in special targeting circumstances (anti-sniper, accurate fire), but mainly to scout the area ahead and look through brush.

As described above:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72/ko...ts/IMG_4096.jpg

Edited by D4mnit

I had a classic army g36k and the gun was shooting further right than the scope could even adjust to LOL. I guess if you look at it logically, they are better than nothing as I was able to adjust to the scope and it gave me pretty close shots. If you currently have the G36K or KE, I would recommend getting the metal rails and taking the bottom rail and screwing it to the carrying handle. Then you can stick any scope on top which worked GREAT. Or you can just get a C carrying handle. Overall though, the scope really wasn't dead on accurate but accurate enough to get that kill :a-thumbsup:

Old TSD/SRC scopes weren't very clear or adjustable. The new one is great. Very clear. But it's not a 1.5x, its a 3x. (I know- I compared it with another scope I own.)

The CA scope wasn't that bad when I saw it. Unfortunately that was a while ago and my memory doesn't go back that far. It was probably fine.

Most people don't realize that the real carry handle optic on the real G36 functions the same way and has similar eye relief. That optic would be ground-breaking if it had eye relief that allowed my cheek to be as far back on the stock as when I use iron sights or my red dot.

If you look at similar short-tubed optics like the (real or replica) ACOG or ELCAN (magnifying models of course) they have the same eye relief, but are raised in design to allow your eye to get right up to them.

Are the replica G36 carry handle optics usable? Absolutely. Are they ideal? No. I usually use an Eotech replica for most targeting and switch to the carry handle optic in special targeting circumstances (anti-sniper, accurate fire), but mainly to scout the area ahead and look through brush.

Yes.

Real ACOG and ELCAN scopes have adjustable Eye Relief......

the G36 scope has a it better of an eye releif than the airsoft version because it has too....no one wants their rifle sight going through ther eye when they pull the trigger....

its a bit better, but in airsof there isnt any recoil wiht an AEG, so its not somethign to worry about.

Real ACOG and ELCAN scopes have adjustable Eye Relief......

the G36 scope has a it better of an eye releif than the airsoft version because it has too....no one wants their rifle sight going through ther eye when they pull the trigger....

its a bit better, but in airsof there isnt any recoil wiht an AEG, so its not somethign to worry about.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm..._Rifle_ACOG.jpg

That is literally the same placement as when I use my carry handle sight.

Also notice how the ELCAN is about 4 times as large, gathering more light and thus having a clearer sight picture, however the placement is similar: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...de_launcher.jpg

Nail in the coffin: http://www.army-technology.com/projects/id...sault-rifle.jpg

To answer the question of the thread, G36 built-in optics are usable.

Edited by D4mnit

Guest OpSic66

Eye relief is only important on a scope with a multiple magnification factor (ie: 2x, 3x. 4x. etc). And as already said, most of your "quality" optics, have an adjustable "eye relief".

Otherwise, there IS no focal point of a 1x scope. While somone said "ACOG", please realize, there are airsoft replica's of ACOG's that are 1x magnification. Thus they won't suffer the eye relief problems. Yes, I realize you said "real", however.. People can and will still confuse that.

Edited by OpSic66

Eye relief is only important on a scope with a multiple magnification factor (ie: 2x, 3x. 4x. etc). And as already said, most of your "quality" optics, have an adjustable "eye relief".

Otherwise, there IS no focal point of a 1x scope. While somone said "ACOG", please realize, there are airsoft replica's of ACOG's that are 1x magnification. Thus they won't suffer the eye relief problems. Yes, I realize you said "real", however.. People can and will still confuse that.

Yup, covered.

This thread has gone through the loop once now, hopefully we won't get a few pages of repeat information.

If you associate amazing eye relief with good, then I'd imagine not.

Yet again, they are usable. Just figure out where you need to place your cheek and you'll get perfect eye relief every time.