to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
CMP

Tell Us Some More About You!

Ok, so I think the creation of this Off topic section opens up many possibilities to come and know each member of our community better, so I though it would be a nice idea to create a topic when we tell a little bit about ourselves.

Ill start, but first, some rules to keep it all nice and tidy:

1. Talk about anything you want, but keep it PG13.

2. No mocking other people for their beliefs, ethnic group, nationality, gender etc. etc.

Thats about it, now straight to the point:

My entire name is Christopher Mertins Pappa (Hence CMP). I am 16 years old, and will be turning 17 on December 16. Besides airsoft, I have other interests: baseball, a little bit of football, videogames, BMX and chilling with friends are other things I like.

When it comes to my thinking ways, I am a freethinker. I love to live life without limiting it with things like politics or religion, as long as I don't hurt anyone or anything in the process. I consider myself a moderate agnostic, which means I do believe there is a /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/, but there is no way we can prove it.

I am a very calm and open person. I usually get along with any type of people. I am not the kind of person that thinks himself "cooler" than others or better for material possessions or so called "social status". I am 1.87m tall and have a rather athletic buildup (Due to alot of baseball since I was 7 years old and regular weight lifting), which often leads people to believe I am a "macho-thinking" guy or those kind of guys that likes to get into trouble, but once they get to know me, they see that I am very pacific and hate getting into trouble.

I can be both a perfectionist in little details, like personal hygiene and such things, but I can also be a mess in others, like homework or my handwriting.

As for my music, I love hearing Nu metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Hair Metal etc. Just throw something of that genre and Ill like it lol. Some of my favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Korn, ACDC, Drowning Pool, but I currently hear A LOT of other bands. Before you ask it, I hate Death Metal, Black Metal or anything where all that is done is senseless screaming.

I live in Guatemala, which is a country that is right beside Mexico, in Central America. I am from German, Italian and Guatemalan ascendancy (Mertins is German and Pappa Italian, however both my father and mother where born here in Guatemala).

I go to the German Private school, and am currently on fourth grade (The system used here is different from the one in the USA I believe. Bottom line is I graduate next year and then I go to university in Germany)

Finally, heres a photo of me:

IMG_1309.jpg

Edited by tantrik

I fail at german. HAhaha I'm in german 3 in highschool and I have like a C in the class this year.. :[

Oh, das ist nicht so gut. Ich habe eine A im Deutsch (2nd Jahre). Deutsch ist mein Lieblingsfach.

Well, I don't have much to say.

My name is John, I'm 14 years old, and 6'4". I'm the tallest kid in my grade. I may be big, but I'm really not as intimidating as I appear. I'm kinda like a gentle giant, until you piss me off... But I don't get angered easily. Like my nametag says - Mr. Nice Guy, I am easy to get along with. I can quote CMP in saying "I can be both a perfectionist in little details, like personal hygiene and such things, but I can also be a mess in others, like homework or my handwriting." I am a perfectionist in those ways too. My room is a mess, and my handwriting is sloppy, but I am neat freak when it comes down to the little details.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now. I may post back if I have more to add.

Guest joshjack77

Well I'm Josh and here are a few things about my self. Well to start off, I am christian. I won't get into that cuz it will take to long. So anyways I like hangin with friends and just doing random stuff with them. And of course I love to airsoft. I have really got into it this year and now starting to upgrade, get better gear ect. Other than that I LOVE to play football and love tackling people. Intercepting is one of the best feelings in the world. I love making big plays and I am usually QB and on defence I usually cover a WR. Other than that I do a lot of dogs for people around my neighborhood and that pretty much where I get all my money. Other that that, I sleep. A lot. Oh ya, I like making people laugh. So ya thats it.

Mah full name is Garrett Kai McGough. I'm a Cocopah indian/Irish mix, though the American indian is what shows. I was born in Honolulu Hawaii, and I've moved... Err... Seven or Eight times now, I forget. I'm a junior in high school, and I currently attend a charter school in San Pedro, CA, called the Port of Los Angeles High School, or POLAHS. My only other interest besides gun/airsoft guns is video games and computers. I play the hell out of MGO (Metal Gear Online), CS:S (Counter Strike: Source), and G-Mod (Garry's Mod). I don't really have a religion, but I practice my Cocopah rituals because it's tradition, and it's worth preserving. I've lived in Honolulu Hawaii, Tacoma Washington, Lompoc California, Beaumont Texas, Bryan Texas, Bastrop Texas, Hermantown Minnesota, and finally, San Pedro California, though I've visited some 28/29 states by now. If it matters, I oppose the change from "Funny Stuff" to "Off Topic", though find this particular OT thread to be nice. I consider my self to be pretty "Chill", and I often say "Get over it..." to people who are stressing about things. I follow my own rule though, and I generally get over things pretty quickly. I listen to just about everything, with the exception of country, Johnny Cash is alright though, he's more "Folk". Anywho's, I've been listening the most to MC Chris, and I recently wen to Warped Tour to see him preform... I also listen to bands such as The Violent Femmes, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Cake, The Dead Kennedys, DangerDoom, Streetlight Manifesto, System of a Down, Viktor Vaughn, MM Food, Madvillian, The Gorrilaz, SPM (occasionally), Ace of Base, Appollo 440, Laser, Honchie and the Gobos, Ogden Edsl, The Beatles, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Foo Fighters, Fastball, The White Stripes, The Bloodhound Gang, Meatloaf, Johnny Cash, The Black Eyed Peas, Lou Bega, Rob Zom-beh, and waaaay more... I has a pretty broad spectrum. I'll try anything (well, most anything) once, because that's just how I was raised. And my second language is 1337, and yes, that is a language of it's own. (who remembers the 1337 thread, raise your hand... Eh?)

O Mah Gawd, bleeding eyes, lines of TEXT!!

Edited by Spudenater

My name is Aaron M. Montanez. I am 16 and am a sophmore. I enjoy most things in life, but I am very easy going until you make me mad. I don't do any organized sports because I am not really about those kinds of things. My friends tell me I would be a good running back for football but I am generally a small guy. I am 5'6-5'7 and under 120 pounds and I am pretty quick ( that is why I am the runner/scout of my team ). I like rock music as well as hip hop and really whatever catches my interest. My hobbies are airsoft, military weapons, and vidoegames. I am an avid videogamer, playing mostly COD4 and Halo 3, but I love getting out and doing it for real. I am jewish but I am Puerto Rica ( we adopted the religion ). I can make friends with just about anyone and love life.

As for my name here on the forum as you can guess I am from NJ and I had wanted to snipe when I got into airsoft. Now I am assualt team member and I do what I am told.

My name is Nick (go figure) and we'll leave it at that. I'm currently 19. In January, I'm starting some classes at JJC (Joliet Junior College, oldest community college in the US). I'll be taking various things from World Economics to Native American History, but currently not pursuing a degree in anything. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I'm smart, and don't plan on getting a 'job' that requires a degree. After I'm satisfied with what I've learned, and barring some disaster, I'm enlisting in the Marines. After I serve a few years, I'll get out and pursue my business enterprises. I know a bit about investing, the stock market, and other monetary issues.

I currently work at Burger King:

image057sk3.jpg

I have a '06 Chevy Cobalt:

image157nq1.jpg

I can listen to pretty much anything that's not country. Some of my favorite artists are: Three 6 Mafia, Project Pat, Lil Wyte, AC/DC, Metallica, Kid Rock, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy (before they went all Emo on me), Blink 182, The O'Jays, OK GO, Ray Charles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Snoop Dogg, Ray Parker Jr. (He made the Ghostbusters song!), Will Smith, Steve Miller Band, Eminem, Limp Biscuit, Stevie Wonder, Styx, Frank Sinatra, Too Short, 8Ball and MJG, U2, UGK, Queen, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Outkast, Yung Joc, Animals, Barenaked Ladies, Blue Öyster Cult, Bon Jovi, Boston, and even more.

I like brunettes, American cars (especially the old ones), deep dish pizza, peppermint ice cream, real guns, money, myself, skittles (especially the sour), Mt Dew Livewire, among many other things.

Per Nicky The Great's Request:

My name's Brandon Jones- I live in Nebraska, USA, I'm 17, 5'11" (I think) I like to play Airsoft... as I should

I've been known to use brute force while doing many things... I think that's why most of my guns are broken (cheapies) Not to mention the people I've taken care of over the years... (enuf of that) Now, I'm a mod here, ML2 to be specific, I like what I do.

I like to work on AEGs, I like to fix them/tinker with them, I like to lift weights, I'm currently pressing 220 or so, and squatting about 375. I'm a large kid, I weigh about 220 or so... Uh... Not much else to say, I work as a server, and I drive a blue Saturn L300, 2001, it's a Sedan.

Here is a pic or 2 of me, not the most recent, but... eh, they work.

Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Edited by Aimfor1337

Guest Luftwaffe

My name is Rich, I am 15, and I live in Missouri. I am currently a Sophomore in highschool, and am not employed. I am going to apply for GameStop next year, and I am strongly thinking about enlisting into the Army. I took a practice ASVAB a week or so ago and scored in the 75th percentile. I currently have a reading level higher than 12th grade, and I have a D+ in math.

I also like to type with correct punctuation and grammar, and have purchased from Evike with no problems.

Me llamo Cory. (spanish comes in handy in California) I am from mostly German and Russian descent, with a little English, and French thrown in. I am a sophomore in highschool. I am roughly 6'1", and weigh around 130 or more lbs. I love weight lifting, but I am nowhere near Aimfor1337. I used to be a very competitive speedball player. I still play paintball but I'm not as into it now, I play more airsoft now. I also play JV football at my highschool. I am a QB and a WR. I like to keep passes short and fast. I don't really play defense because running the ball is more fun and I'm not a strong tackler. Our offense is mostly running the ball. Football takes up almost all of my time, so during the season I don't airsoft much. I am a huge classic car lover. We are curently restoring a 1964 chevy malibu. I love outdoor things like fishing and backpacking in the mountains. I like to hunt and like guns. I also like to work with AEGs. And my favorite thing to do is hang out with my friends. I don't listen to alot of music. I play a little bit of COD4. I also do alot of things for my neighborhood like mowing lawns, yardwork, etc. and I make alot of money at it.

I suck at spelling and english, as you can tell. I consider myself a perfectionist. I am a hard worker and don't quit.

I plan on joining the Marines, or appying to get into the Air Force academy and become a pilot.

Hmm I think I've covered most of it.

I'll see if I can find a pic or two. . . .

Spud, the SKS pic looks awesome.

Edited by Ion

What were you expecting? Big guy with a braided bear? lol

Uhh... Younger, thinner/smaller set, about the same white-ness, but less freckles/acne, I can't really tell from the pic...

Edit: A Braided Bear? Interesting...

Edited by Spudenater

Hi guys.

My name is Chad. I am 26 years old. I am originally from West Virginia, I currently reside in New London, CT. I graduated from West Virginia Wesleyan College with a bachelors degree in Secondary education and another one in history. I currently work as the Social Skills Director for a transition academy for guys with Asberger's Syndrome. I worked for several years before that as a teacher for autistic children. I am married, 2 years now to my beautiful wife Dorothy. I enjoy being outdoors. I like to fish, target shoot, and play airsoft. I also enjoy reading. I am a very large guy (I dwarf my wife), but I have always been deceivingly athletic. I was a multi-sport athlete growing up: Football, baseball, wrestling, and Lacrosse in college. I was an avid lifter till I developed chronic subluxation in my shoulders. I try to live my life as laid back and stress free as possible.

Picture220.jpg

Guest Corporal Canada

Hey, washhup? Name's David, and I blow out the candles on January 4th. Originally born in Saint John, New Brunswick (Canada), grew up on Grand Manaan island. (Yes, Canada has islands). From there I moved to Simcoe, Ontario (Still Canada), then on down to Maine. Then I hit up California; the Pasadena area, LA county, and finally Orange County.

Currently starting varsity football as a sophomore, which is a bucket of good times. That may deceive you into thinking I'm good at sports. Don't let it. I also snowboard, kayak,paintball and play soccer. I'm at 145 lbs and 5'9, and an offensive/defensive linemen. For fun I jump in as starting middle linebacker in JV games. (V and JV have games on different days, so it works out great.) Nothing hurts more than being a 145 pound linemen, I assure you. Then again, nothing's more fun than getting to play JV teams as a linebacker.

I'm a Christian, and I'm not afraid to hide it. I won't hit you over the head with a Bible, but I love me some (Yahshua, The :censored2:, Emanual - That's my name, don't use it in vain). I get decent grades in school, I waver between 3.6-3.8 GPA-wise .

My brother is an Iraq-war veteran, and I'm to the point of bragging about the guy. Even though he now lives on the East Coast we're still very close, and I fly on over and visit him maybe once a year. The internet keeps our communication instantaneous and manageable, which is amazing. He's in the army-national guard, and we are awaiting news of his re-deployment. My parents are together, which is nearing a commodity these days.

Airsofting is a great outlet for my free time, (and a place to dump my hard-earned money). I don't really play all too many videogames, but when I do, it's good ol' SOCOM, maybe some Guitar Hero thrown in. (The second SOCOM is the best by the way, don't buy the fourth one.) I play drums and really like rock music. Rise Against, Rage Against, JEW, Blink, and Linkin Park are all my favorites. Beastie Boys once in a while. I've won scholarships for writing, and am currently working on a short-story-turned-novel that is about 85 pages long as of now, just for the heck of it. Well, that's me.

....now I feel so exposed.

*EDIT'ED to make it an easier read, not just a blob o' text.*

Edited by Corporal Canada

Howdy,

I'm Jim, or Paisley, or Seamus, depending on where I am and what's in my hand.

I am old. Like dirt. I remember when dinosaurs wandered the earth. They tasted like chicken.

Anyways, I got kids as old as most of you... but they think I'm too immature (go figure).

I'm 1.85m tall, and weigh a whopping 85kg (+/- 2) .

Up until about 8 months ago, I worked as a Wage Slave to a big gynormous multi national corp. I got tired of selling my soul little by little, so I left. Took a little time to figure out where I was going with my life, found a cat and then bought into a business that a friend of mine had started a couple of years ago... so now I am inside the airsoft business. I don't work a day in my life!

What the cat looked like when we found him.

P1020551.jpg

What he looks like now!

P1030703.jpg

Yeah, he's spoiled!

Anyway, Airsoft!

We have 2 indoor courses that are 20,000 sq ft of play area (and expansion room for another 20-30k) and we build guns, repair guns, and generally try not to go broke... website is in my sig (not hot linked tho, I play by the rules)

It's not easy, but it is FUN!

My other life includes sword fighting. I've been USFA certified for over 20 years as an instructor, and have spent the last 12 or 13 learning and doing 14th - 17th Century styles... ala the Three Musketeers...

Interesting note, last weekend I won a very prestigious tournament in that style against a field of 17 contestants. I had a very very good day.

That should explain all the sword commentary etc. The best part about this style is that it's on the honor system (like airsoft) and so someone who calls their hits is cool, and someone who wants to win at all costs is a loser.

BTW, I won with a 4-1 record, just to be clear. The one loss was double kills over and over with one of my former students... we kept killing each other at the same time, so we both took the loss. Didn't matter... cuz I has style!

This is me a few years ago... I'm a little grayer now, but still look the same...

jimboavatar.jpg

Here's another one of a bunch of my merry students (I'm on left in green and paisley!) at a really cool venue in Austin, TX. My friend Kelly shot it and didn't even know he caught me having morning coffee!

HPIM0116.JPG

I drive a lame Ford Taurus right now. My old Volvo's are pretty much gone. I've still got one 1983 244GLT that has a blown motor, and a 1975 Triumph Spitfire that the motor and tranny are in the shop, and the car is out back of the shop. Used to have an 84 245ti (turbo-intercooled wagon) with a manual tranny in it.. my sports car in a box... I loved that car... I had it set to 20psi on boost, and it would just scream... I messed with a lot of rice burners with that car! Ended up selling it for more than I had in it...

I've had about a dozen really cool cars in my life, and driven just about everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) not so much newer stuff, but older 90's and back including exotics. Part of the perks of working around body shops and upholstery shops and mechanics shops for so long.

Was just telling Vietec about some DeLoreans from when they were new, and having to redo the upholstery in them.

I'd like to find a good Subaru SVX for a daily driver... just because they are very exotic looking, but have readily available parts... and they are just comfortable AND an all weather car.

My favorite new car I ever had was a 1986 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo... (kinda seeing a pattern with the box thing and fast here) It was a screamer... too bad it burned under the hood... but it ran great when I had it. Made a Corvette owner demand a new engine once (heheh). A couple of grainy pix from back in the day...

nv17_0008.jpg

nv17_0000.jpg

I used to shoot steel target small bore real steel (still have my old Remington) and I have owned a bunch of firearms (used to have an FFL and a Class 3.. don't hold either any more... too much hassle) Still own a few other real steel guns, but mostly gone to airsoft, as that way I can shoot my friends and NOT go to jail!

A couple of me airsofting somewhere around here! I'll get them on photobucket and on here soon!

I

Guest joshjack77
Interesting...

lol oops. I mean I take care of a lot of dogs for people. But only 2 currently.

My name is Matthew (Hard to figure out). I like working on my airsoft gun, and like selling and buying on here. I play hockey, but not ice hockey as I'm not made of money so just indoor roller hockey. I mow lawns, walk dogs, water flowers, and anything else people want to pay me to do for money. Thats a little about me, and maybe a picture later.

Paisley. This is sort of odd and off topic (wait, these are OT forums...), but the collar you cat has on, is the same collar (pattern) that I have on my (small) dog, I also have a harness that has that pattern...

Edited by Spudenater

Paisley. This is sort of odd and off topic (wait, these are OT forums...), but the collar you cat has on, is the same collar (pattern) that I have on my (small) dog, I also have a harness that has that pattern...

Pinks (wonder where that name comes from... I call him Stinker Pinker) collar (and matching leash... yeah, he deigns a leash sometimes) are matching ones we got at the vets and are for a small dog... so yeah, probably so...

I must admit, if I ever got a hold of whoever did the paint job on him, I'd probably be in jail shortly after. The kitten (he's now about 9 months old... he was 3 months when we found him) has got respiratory and eye issues that will probably plague him for the rest of his life... but he's so laid back it's all good.

Sorry to get heavy... but animal cruelty is a severe hot button with me... it's a sign of mental illness and could be a precursor to much worse actions.

Guest Luftwaffe

Congrats on graduation from fourth grade CMP, hope college goes well. Fourth grade to college.. They grow up so fast! D:

Yes I read the bit about grades being different from America.

My name is Christopher and I am Irish/Polish ( 50% each ). I am 5' 9'' and 116 lbs. Some of my hobbies are somewhat odd for common society. I like to chop wood, listen to heavy rock and alternative. Mostly Disturbed and randomn single-hits. I am a Christian. I play CoD4 and Halo 3, sprinkleing some Oblivion and GRAW 2 on top.

I am controlling, mostly directing the actions of others in, Football, soccer, airsoft or the chosen game we are playing.

I love playing football, organized or not. I mostly play QB or RB. I like to deliver the ball fast and within the 5-15 yard mark.

I am not sensitive about ALOT of stuff and love provoking others into extreme anger and frustration. It just makes me laugh that some will get mad over ANYTHING ( I usely get mad over giant prehistoric sharks ).

I am a GIANT Michigan Wolverines fan ( Comeback over Wisconsin ) and faithly watch them ever Saturday.

I am still searching for the perfect AEG ( my first ) and hope the G&G GR16 Carbine is it.

I have 1 dog, 3 cats, and 5 chickens ( all Hens )

So that is basically all the stuff thereis to tell.

Cheers,

killerpretzel

haha, that dog is awesome!

Anyway, my name is Diego Castellanos, I am a Mexican Immigrant living in Colorado. I was born and raised in Mexico City, and moved here when I was 8. I am very outspoken about my beliefs. I never tolerate any racism, or prejudice. I am a liberal, leftist, democrat, etc. I am a catholic, but I'm definately not strict with my religious beliefs, in fact, I disagree with a lot of my religion, but I am faithful to G0d. I like airsoft, guns, video games, music, movies, GIRLS!!, soccer, and I just visited the UK, and it is my new favorite place. My heroes are Malcolm X, Subcomandante Marcos, Che Guevara, MLK, JFK, Ghandi, etc.

I love movies!!!! I plan on becoming a film director/cinematographer. Once I'm rich I plan on endorsing airsoft, and somehow make it a bigger and more respected hobby. I want to change the world.

That's me. Peace.

Eh.

My Names Nico and I live in the middle of nowhere. I've played guitar for 9 years,saxophone for 4,keyboard/synthesizer for like 2,drumset for 4 and I really wanna learn Cello (apocalyptica.... :a-rolleyes: ) and I sing.I'm currently in "melodic-death-powe-metal-core band (Among the Exiled) for which I play lead guitar and share vocal parts. I love music, I'm a movie junkie ( I love a good horror movie), I play video games sometimes. I can speak German quite fluently. I collect knives and other hand to hand combat weapons. I love shooting (whether it be with an airsoft gun, BB gun, or real steel) and I'm really good at it.

I've got a ton of friends. Most of which don't play airsoft (unfortunatly). I have a girlfriend and I've been with her for over a year. I plan on going to college after high school.

EDIT: Oh and I'm a total geek. I Love Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Batman (hell I love any like comic book hero but my favorites are two that don't have super powers...).

Edited by rifleman12-21

Ok let's see. I am Bopper. I used to play tennis, and did for about eight years, although it destroyed who I was as a human and ended up quitting. I used to run. In seventh grade I ran a 5:20 mile (seventh grade!!) and never competitively ran again.

I am about six feet tall. I weigh about 130 pounds, and I play tuba in the marching band down here. I also know a fair amount about explosives, due to my dads work. Past that, I suppose there is not much else.

Guest CQB Maniac
That, and the Odd E-Mail thread...

Hmmmm. Spud, I always pictured you as a 1337 ||=||//=\\><()|? with unibomber glasses. You just don't live up to the image...

By the way, did you know Mansa Musa died in year 1337?

Hmmmm. Spud, I always pictured you as a 1337 ||=||//=\\><()|? with unibomber glasses. You just don't live up to the image...

By the way, did you know Mansa Musa died in year 1337?

Wait, Mansa Musa's dead??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

who's mansa musa?

Guest CQB Maniac

Eric.jpg <---- Me fishing. Well, I wasn't exactly fishing, but I love to fish.

Name's Jonny Rigsby. I have a wife and no kids... yet. I currently am a freelance jazz musician and also am in a band for fun. I'm 24 1/2 years old, I love to airsoft, fish, play music and shoot guns. I'm not a redneck though, you don't have to be a redneck to enjoy fishing and guns.

Uh... that's pretty much it!