to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
SilverDumper

800% Increase In Ammo

Ive heard rumors at airsoft shops that Obama, if elected, wants to implement an 800% ammo tax on all gun ammo. First of all, does anybody else know about this, second of all, does this affect airsoft/pellet gun ammo as well? I don't want to get into politics im just asking if this is going to affect airsoft.

Edited by Mooseknuckle7789

Do you think we'll soon have neon colored as guns?

no, its just that all of our guns will be painted in bright green, and will have (USA is the new France: DIVIDE AND SURRENDER).(Victory is not an option) and, of course (Republicans are stupid)

Obama is highly anti-gun. Voting him in would be as good as kissing all your real steels goodbye, who knows about airsoft though. I see England as a good example as where we would be in the next five or so years. I'll let an English member here talk about what they have to do.

Obama on guns.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3991

Edited by Republican

Yup. I have a tutor that I have thats like way way way to the left, and whenever I say that im going airsofting she says "I hope you kill george bush with that thing so obama can ban them". They only believe in the constitution when it holds up to their agenda, and they blame bush for "breaking the constitution". Thats just my thing on this.

imagine if he does do this on airsoft ammo.......rofl. 100 bucks for 3000 bb's.

Edited by Mooseknuckle7789

Yeah cause we want to be like Britian where we have ridiculously low fps limits or New Zealand where you can't have full auto Airsoft guns of any kind.

Nothing like electing someone to take away more personal freedoms.

But yeah I shoot alot and collect guns. I am not old enough to have a concealed carry permit yet but I do keep a pistol in the truck.

So ammo tax would be bad.

Look at the election this way:

Both candidates SUCK, but both of them are almost guaranteed to be out of office in 4 years. So whatever happens this year will only affect the next 4 years (as long as people aren't stupid like the last election...).

Im so sick of taxes. Just sales tax in CA is like 8.25. like 30 years ago taxes were SOOOOOO low compared to now. They keep implementing "Temporary" taxes, that never go away. and PS, those guns are f'ing hilarious. Imagine if a cop saw you with one of those and tried to tell you it looked real.

Imagine if a cop saw you with one of those and tried to tell you it looked real.

That's actually an issue on the streets. Gang members will paint guns the color of their gangs, and go on the streets with them. Cops have a hard time telling if it's real or not...

Ah,

You guys and your rumors. These are not facts, just smears people of ignorance have spread. By posting this faux rubbish your just, well smearing it even more. He will not do this, he can't possibly do this, the tax increase will never pass, much less ever be put forth, and you know that.

Think guys.

Geeze.

Huh, are we allowed to discuss politics in this forum? Anyhow, it won't be easy to take away one of the amendment in the bill of rights, the 2nd Amendment will most likely stay. You guys do know that Bush did already kinda take away most of the Bill of Rights from certain people right? As I understood it, if you are suspected of being a terrorist, all except one of the amendments in the bill of rights. You can keep the one where a soldier can't force you to allow them to stay in your house at least...

Bah, I'm terrible with laws.

Guest Luftwaffe

A lot of people forget about who our government is made up of. CONGRESS! DUN DUN DUN!!!! Obama can propose all the taxes he wants, but it has to get past congress first. If congress is full of Replublicans, then you might not have anything to worry about. Just remember though, all of these tax laws have to go through congress and get approved, first.

A lot of people forget about who our government is made up of. CONGRESS! DUN DUN DUN!!!! Obama can propose all the taxes he wants, but it has to get past congress first. If congress is full of Replublicans, then you might not have anything to worry about. Just remember though, all of these tax laws have to go through congress and get approved, first.

I know, right? Being extremely, extremely left wing myself, I honestly have no clue where the whole left wing idea of "Oh noes, teh guns are terribleee" came from. Anyone with a brain can see that its people that kill each other, not guns. There's always gonna be a way for people to kill each other, so guns being banned won't solve anything. But remember what Luftwaffe said.

It's interesting how either way a congressman will control the executive branch. It will be an interesting study.

I will keep this simple.

In terms of airsoft: I don't think airsoft is a high priority on either of the candidates agendas.

But rising costs of planetarium equipment is :)

In terms of the political arguments: Useless. People like who they like and the intrawebs will not change that.

Guest Luftwaffe
are you forgetting that all 3 branches will be democrat, so Obama can pretty much pass anything he wants.

Wrong. We live in a nation where we vote in our leaders. This does not mean that we will have Democrats running everything. And as said above, not all Democrats agree.

While we know Obamas (and pretty much most of the Democrats as a whole with a few exceptions) stance on the 2nd Amendment, theres no way on earth you'll see such a tax. You will however find, "if" he is to win and "if" he is able to seat justices on the SCOTUS, it much harder for citizens to purchase firearms, legally. Now I'm not saying they'll totally take the right away, but they'll certainly do their best to limit a) The types of guns we can buy b) The number of firearms an individual can own c) The magazine capacity of said firarms d) How much we pay for the guns.

I think you're far more likely to see a hike in the taxes the manufacturers pay which as we know, will trickle down to the consumer, making it nearly impossible for average citizens to afford them, but an 800% increase in ammunition costs, thats a bit far fetched.

Yeah cause we want to be like Britian where we have ridiculously low fps limits or New Zealand where you can't have full auto Airsoft guns of any kind.

Nothing like electing someone to take away more personal freedoms.

But yeah I shoot alot and collect guns. I am not old enough to have a concealed carry permit yet but I do keep a pistol in the truck.

So ammo tax would be bad.

In Britain, you have register all knives you own including your kitchen knives because criminals use knives too. Of course, in Britain, you can't own a realsteel unless you're LE or Military (and it's optional with LE too).

Look at the election this way:

Both candidates SUCK, but both of them are almost guaranteed to be out of office in 4 years. So whatever happens this year will only affect the next 4 years (as long as people aren't stupid like the last election...).

I don't think there's been an election where there was a candidate that didn't have his down-sides to his policies since probably Reagan's last term. But all things considered, Obama's policies will have a far more negative impact on the US economy, defense, and social issues than McCain's would in the long-run. Four years is a while, and H.R. 1022 (if passed) won't have an expiration date. If the majority of Congress remains Blue, and Obama becomes the president, the likelihood of the super-stricter version of the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban from '94 getting passed is far higher. Think of it this way with Obama vs. McCain, would you rather be taxed because you 'make too much money' and disarmed to 'make you safer', or, would you rather have businesses get tax-breaks so they won't have a reason to lay off more employees or move to another state or country and be allowed to protect yourself legally?

Edited by Dmitri Kalashnikov

In Britain, you have register all knives you own including your kitchen knives because criminals use knives too. Of course, in Britain, you can't own a realsteel unless you're LE or Military (and it's optional with LE too).

I don't think there's been an election where there was a candidate that didn't have his down-sides to his policies since probably Reagan's last term. But all things considered, Obama's policies will have a far more negative impact on the US economy, defense, and social issues than McCain's would in the long-run. Four years is a while, and H.R. 1022 (if passed) won't have an expiration date. If the majority of Congress remains Blue, and Obama becomes the president, the likelihood of the super-stricter version of the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban from '94 getting passed is far higher. Think of it this way with Obama vs. McCain, would you rather be taxed because you 'make too much money' and disarmed to 'make you safer', or, would you rather have businesses get tax-breaks so they won't have a reason to lay off more employees or move to another state or country and be allowed to protect yourself legally?

Very good point. There were studies where people would walk around in overwhelmingly black neighborhoods, and ask people if they like the fact that obama "made sarah palin his running mate", and they all said they loved it, and she was so smart, and she is just the person for the job. Then they asked how do you like how obama wants to "lower taxes on small and big corporations so that more jobs are created?" and they all said they loved it. People are voting for Obama for the wrong reasons.

Guest CQB Maniac
Very good point. There were studies where people would walk around in overwhelmingly black neighborhoods, and ask people if they like the fact that obama "made sarah palin his running mate", and they all said they loved it, and she was so smart, and she is just the person for the job. Then they asked how do you like how obama wants to "lower taxes on small and big corporations so that more jobs are created?" and they all said they loved it. People are voting for Obama for the wrong reasons.

Well that's just the way things are. People feel more of a connection to people if they are their own race, have their same beliefs etc. etc. Even though it is unfair, it's just the way it is.

I hope I don't start anti-mormon ranting, but I loved the idea of Mit Romney being in office because he was Mormon. Not saying that I would have voted for him, but I certainly felt a connection because he had the same belief as I did.

However, to a certain extent it is totally insane like the situation you described there. There are too many people, even though they won't admit it, that are voting for Obama PARTIALLY because he is black.

Edited by CQB Maniac

That was a bit Howard Stern did, not a study.

Well that's just the way things are. People feel more of a connection to people if they are their own race, have their same beliefs etc. etc. Even though it is unfair, it's just the way it is.

I hope I don't start anti-mormon ranting, but I loved the idea of Mit Romney being in office because he was Mormon. Not saying that I would have voted for him, but I certainly felt a connection because he had the same belief as I did.

However, to a certain extent it is totally insane like the situation you described there. There are too many people, even though they won't admit it, that are voting for Obama PARTIALLY because he is black.

What's funny is that I heard actual recordings of black voters in line at voting centers that they did that exact tactic too on either Bortz or Hanity. You don't hear about the papers or television stations reporting this idiocy. Why? Because the mainstream media is predominantly liberally-biased. You never hear about Michelle Obama's wardrobe or dining on hors'dourves(sp?) like Iranian caviar, or about Obama's many custom-fitted suits, or that while in Germany he had plenty of time to go to the gym but never even spent a minute visiting the wounded and recovering soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan there in the mainstream media.

Edited by Dmitri Kalashnikov

Dude they would half to pry a gun from my cold dead hands to get it away from me. if we become like brittan, basically airsoft is out the window. Low FPS and everything they cant even have real guns. so if Obama is elected were basically screwed completly. :a-censored:

Guest Luftwaffe
Dude they would half to pry a gun from my cold dead hands to get it away from me. if we become like brittan, basically airsoft is out the window. Low FPS and everything they cant even have real guns. so if Obama is elected were basically screwed completly. :a-censored:

Oh hello. Welcome to America, where we have a government formed of three branches that do checks and balances on each other. We also have this fancy thing called Congress, which is composed of the Senate and House of Representatives. One of the things that Congress does is pass or veto laws. This being said, Obama's gun and ammo tax laws can easily be vetoed if Congress doesn't agree with it. If they are passed, then life will go one because you will get over it eventually. One last thing, guns are not on the top of the list for things to change. There are many things before that, like the economy and war.

That was a bit Howard Stern did, not a study.

ROFL :a-laugh:

I am a democrat, but if Obama tries to take away my airsoft guns I will be very angry. They way our government is set up though, it probably won't happen. Unless, of course, we elect a lot of senseless ninnies who think only "Gunz R BAD, Gunz only KILL PPL, even FAKE ONES". Then I am moving to Canada. :a-thumbsup:

ROFL :a-laugh:

I am a democrat, but if Obama tries to take away my airsoft guns I will be very angry. They way our government is set up though, it probably won't happen. Unless, of course, we elect a lot of senseless ninnies who think only "Gunz R BAD, Gunz only KILL PPL, even FAKE ONES". Then I am moving to Canada. :a-thumbsup:

moving to canada wont help much...

Oh hello. Welcome to America, where we have a government formed of three branches that do checks and balances on each other. We also have this fancy thing called Congress, which is composed of the Senate and House of Representatives. One of the things that Congress does is pass or veto laws. This being said, Obama's gun and ammo tax laws can easily be vetoed if Congress doesn't agree with it. If they are passed, then life will go one because you will get over it eventually. One last thing, guns are not on the top of the list for things to change. There are many things before that, like the economy and war.

Um... Obama would be passing/vetoing the laws. Congress would be drafting them.

If Obama becomes President and there is a super majority(which isn't unlikely) the only thing stopping unconstitutional laws is the courts. They've allowed a lot of things dealing with firearms so it's not out of the question.

Guns are not on the top of the list of what is being discussed about by Obama, Pelosi, and Reed. Who knows what they're talking about out of the spot light.

Ah,

You guys and your rumors. These are not facts, just smears people of ignorance have spread. By posting this faux rubbish your just, well smearing it even more. He will not do this, he can't possibly do this, the tax increase will never pass, much less ever be put forth, and you know that.

Think guys.

Geeze.

Umm, lots of tax increases have passed, so why not one more. And the assault weapons ban passed (and thankfully died). So it isn't exactly impossible.

I think also many people feel a connection to someone of the same background, and can feel in a way that they "know" the person more, and they would have the same concerns. Whether that is true depends.

Also, as for people outlawing guns, I find it interesting that Washington D.C. I believe had some of the highest gun crime rates when concealed carry was banned. Very interesting.

As a criminal, I would love an anti gun or possibly generic weapon, society. That would be becuase I could acquire a gun on the black market. It wouldn't be that hard. And I would be one of the only people with a gun. Therefore, no one would be shooting back at me, until the police arrived. And if people weren't allowed "assault weapons" or automatic weapons, or weapons over a certain caliber, etc. I could get an automatic assault weapon, over that certain caliber, and through superior firepower commit the crime. Now if anyone could be potentially armed, it would be much more dangerous to lead a life of crime, and therefore, criminals might be deterred.

And lastly, making guns harder for law abiding citizens to get will merely restrict those who abide by the law. If I am going to commit a crime, I would NEVER go through legal channels to buy my gun. Because then I would leave a trace. Instead I would buy a gun on the black market, and use that, and maybe even leave it at the scene of the crime. Then no one knows who owns the gun (assuming I don't leave fingerprints and even if I did, I wouldn't have my prints registered). So restricting guns is probably 99% restricting those who plan to use the guns for good, not those who plan to use them for bad acts.