to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
1stsgt

Chances Of Getting An Airsoft Gun For Christmas......

My chances of getting an airsoft gun for Christmas.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What percent chance do I have of getting one(read description below first)

• 100-91%
    • 90-81%
    • 80-71%
    • 70-61%
    • 60-51%
    • 50-41%
    • 40-31%
    • 30-21%
    • 20-11%
    • 10-1%
    • No chance
    • You're screwed....Good Luck though...

talk to them about it and say how your really responsible with your gun(s) if you have some.

if not say how responsible you will be

then you have a really high chance of getting it

Oh believe me I have, hell I have a bow with a 50lb to around 70lb pound pull back......it's in my room with the arrows......no doubt you can kill someone or something with it.......but my dad has issues about guns for some reason, I really don't know why.........his dad was a cop and had guns in the house and he is not all crazy about it.......

The weirdest part is, that I'm going to go into the military and they have no issue with that, but my dad is weird about airsoft.......

Well, if your mom is ok with it, she might persuade your dad to buy one for you. If you're dad is adamant about not getting you a rifle, you're going to have a really low chance of getting one. If he's not so serious about it, he might give in to your mom's decision if you talk to her about it first, and hopefully he'll listen to your reasons from your mom (most likely...) But GL

well this is flawed until we know who wears the pants in the family.

It doesn't matter, I was just bored, and since my judgement is kinda skewed cause I'm going on the fact that I really hope I will get one..........why not just see what my % chance is according to the ASF patrons?

EDIT:Currently at a 38.10% chance

Edited by 1stsgt

well this is flawed until we know who wears the pants in the family.

Exactly. This really depends on who's the "man" in the family. If it's your dad, there's a much lower chance than if it's your mom. Either way, price is also an issue, and parents often like to buy their kids several less expensive items or something more useful, etc.

There is the funny thing, I have never met to people who are so similar to each other, because they both essentially, end up fighting for control over everything.........I mean you want to talk about stupid funny..........(what is even better was I convinced them to both come paintball and they were shooting the crap out of each other, of course my dad didn't listen and wore like no padded anything and was bruised up everywhere......which was funny)...........

That is not really a factor, as much as you think it is, is what I am trying to tell, they both have fairly equal power.......and they are both stubborn as hell........

BTW, please guys this isn't a freakin science experiment.........

Guest Classic-Ill

It really doesn't sound good. My mom was cool, let me do just about anything I wanted. She trusted me enough to know I wouldn't do anything crazy. But my step dad was a douche. He kinda ran :pain: and it sucked. Don't push to hard, it might make him against it more. Do like suggested, introduce him to them, what they are. And explain how you'll be responsible.

Thats basically what I think cause for me if my my is cool with it its a go. Also think that a lot of dads want to have their

sons to grow hair on their peaches so he may give in which is why I say 75%.

One more thing your dads the head and your moms the neck and the neck can turn the head anywhere it wants. So thats good for you. :)

Ironically, about 2 hours ago, we started talking about it and stuff and basically they got into a huge fight over it...........(so not my idea)......and my dad essentially told me/her that I could do whatever I wanted to, but he would have nothing to do with it..........

Whether, that means I can get an airsoft gun or not remains to be determined............

I just think it's a little bit sad that here we are, at Christmas time, and you're asking your parents for something they're going to fight about. If they aren't both squarely behind it, ask for something else that you want and just buy the gun yourself! No need for them to fight over it...Christmas is stressful enough for them as it is without adding airsoft to it. Think beyond what you want, and think about what would be best for your family at Christmas time.

Guest CQB Maniac

Take a firearm safety course on the internet. It will convince your parents that you will be responsible with an airsoft replica, and not do stupid things like this.

Write them a report on how you will treat your replicas like live firearms and be careful. If you don't want to enroll in a small online course, you can PM me, or Bronco and question away.

Good luck :a-thumbsup:

I just think it's a little bit sad that here we are, at Christmas time, and you're asking your parents for something they're going to fight about. If they aren't both squarely behind it, ask for something else that you want and just buy the gun yourself! No need for them to fight over it...Christmas is stressful enough for them as it is without adding airsoft to it. Think beyond what you want, and think about what would be best for your family at Christmas time.

Hell, I should just go talk to Dr. Phil..........that was an interesting response........my only issue with your theory, is that my parents fight no matter what, and I didn't make them fight, they just do.........so seriously, as nice a thought as it is, the whole fighting thing is quite common here, even more so around Chirstmas unfortunately............

Thanks Maniac, I wish it would work on my dad, but he is, G_o_d Bless him, very, very, very narrow minded......

Hell, I should just go talk to Dr. Phil..........that was an interesting response........my only issue with your theory, is that my parents fight no matter what, and I didn't make them fight, they just do.........so seriously, as nice a thought as it is, the whole fighting thing is quite common here, even more so around Chirstmas unfortunately............

Thanks Maniac, I wish it would work on my dad, but he is, G_o_d Bless him, very, very, very narrow minded......

If he is, that's unfortunate for him. And, apparently, unfortunate for you as well.

He is, it seems all the mistakes he made back in the day, he wants to 'protect' me from, rather he just likes to correlate all the stupid things he did to something I might do.........he acts as if I am not responsible.......this he tells to the person who has great grades, gets all his work done, has gotten all of two detentions in his school career(both for idiot reasons and both before high school)........

Guest Dodge

Quick answer. Ask them whether they would rather you spend money on drugs and hookers or airsoft. Worked on my parents. Seriously. It did.

This isn't the first time someone has suggested that on these forums... I really doubt many people would really say that.

Well my argument was actually composed of three parts when I wanted to get my first gun when I was 13. I was very methodical and logical. Maybe it's my Autism that makes me that way... Oh well.

1. I would be extremely careful with it and always have my friends and I use eye protection.

2. There are much, much, much worse things I could spend my time doing and spending my money on than airsoft. I didn't say the drugs and hookers thing, I just said I could do a lot dumber stuff than airsoft.

3. I had played paintball before I discovered airsoft, and if they let me own a paintball gun, then airsoft was no worse.

They responded quite well to all three parts of my argument and I had the gun 2 weeks later. Perhaps the "brownie points" I always have with my parents for staying out of trouble, getting good grades, and being helpful whenever they need it helped LOL.

To avoid fighting, and parents that are going to say no, just ask for money, and then you could get the gun yourself.

I think that would be easier..

whenever I need something for airsoft, I get the money for it, and give the $ to my dad or mom, and they buy it for me.

or you could convince them, like EBHM did...

good luck. =)

To avoid fighting, and parents that are going to say no, just ask for money, and then you could get the gun yourself.

I think that would be easier..

whenever I need something for airsoft, I get the money for it, and give the $ to my dad or mom, and they buy it for me.

or you could convince them, like EBHM did...

good luck. =)

Tell your parents that if you don't find a hobby (airsoft) to spend your money on you will play video games all day and resort to drugs and alcohol. :a-thumbsup: