Sign in to follow this  
sniper08

Tm G-spec Barrel 303 Vs 403.

Hi , I've got a question for all of you more experienced than me , I'm looking to swap out my hopup rubber with the firefly one , but while doing this I thought about a new barrel to go with , I was going to buy a PDI 303mm , but someone told me that by drilling in the end of the barrel to make it bigger you could put in a 403mm , my question being relatively new to modifying as well would it be worth it to put in a 403mm over a 303mm would it make a noticeable difference?

IN my experience the silencer was less effective with the 430. I didnt really see a decrease in range,accuracy, and consistency when I switched from a 430mm to a 303mm one. I just like the 303mm because you can take off the silencer and theres nothing sticking out.

The 430 is pointless in a gspec... shoulda saved some coin and got the pro. It takes away the silencing effect which is the advantage of the gspec. The longer barrel is an option with the silencer adaptor. The 430 will give you better accuracy. Pros and cons to each... gota figure out what you want and whats best for you

The 430 is pointless in a gspec... shoulda saved some coin and got the pro. It takes away the silencing effect which is the advantage of the gspec. The longer barrel is an option with the silencer adaptor. The 430 will give you better accuracy. Pros and cons to each... gota figure out what you want and whats best for you

He's right. I wasted money on the g-spec because I eventually ended up installing a 430 barrel covered with an aftermarket silencer thats just long enough to cover the inner barrel so I'm basically left with a gspec that has a vsrpro barrel set-up. But what I do like about my g-spec over the pro is the beefier barrel and the cocking handle which is both more ergornomic and it doesn't flip up past 90 degrees like the pro bolt handle. I would definitely go with the 430 over the 303. In my opinion, the vsr pro is the perfect length because the barrel isn't too short like the 303, but the gun isn't too long either with the gspec silencer equipped.... those few extra inches make it that much harder to stay mobile and concealed on the field. I have a PDI 430mm 6.05 and I'm pretty happy with the range and accuracy. And since I had my old stock gspec barrel lying around, I got it installed into my TM socom, and now the thing is shooting 450 fps lol.

if you wanted you coudl always go both.....what I'd do (any want to), is keep a low fps setup where there is a standard max fps for any gun, and use the TK twist barrels for the 303mm tightbore; but for higher fps, would buy the PDI bull barrel for the 430mm length. Besides just allowing to change regarding regulations, will allow for differ game play, as if some plays you play is bigg or smaller, and use a smaller setup so it isn't as "cumbersome"

Ok thanks for all your input so far , so one last thing I want to know , I've been looking at the different options and well I found this : http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=22387

I think this could sort out a few things , but I was wondering if anyone reckon's there'd be any problems fitting this with a pss10 laylax air seal hop-up firefly hard hop-up rubber and a PDI barrel , also this thing says it'll hold up to a 555mm barrel anyone know if that'd be better/worse basically what'd be the best barrel length to use? , Thanks.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23271 - this would be the barrel id like to fit. And whats better on the barrels I'm confused by the numbers e.g 6.01mm , whats better smaller (6.01) or bigger (6.05)

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated! again thanks.

Edited by sniper08

sniper08, in your first post you said 403mm rather than the proper 430mm. Just to clear up any confusion, 430 is the length of the pro, or the length of the gspec with the silencer on.

Also, a question of my own, if I were to replace my 303mm, 6.03 mm barrel with a 430mm, 6.01 mm, would I need a new hopup unit to fit the barrel, or will the stock one fit fine?

Also, I found a DB custom 430 6.01 barrel for 50$. Wonder if they are any good, may want to pick one up. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3046

The 430mm length barrel will fit in either a G-spec barrel with a silencer attached and the end cap drilled out, or the stock Pro barrel, which will fit the 430mm without a silencer attached(no extra inner barrel sticking out of the no silencer attached outer barrel). So it's basically the ideal length for the pro, whereas the 303mm inner barrel is the stock barrel length of the Gspec...sorry if it sounds kind of confusing...

You won't need a new hop up to attach the 430mm barrel, just open up the hopup unit, and pop in the TB.

Generally a DBC barrel is a pretty good budget barrel, so you won't be disappointed. Also, some people have found out that DBC barrels have a "break in" period which varies from barrel to barrel if any. And another thing to keep in mind, if you are going to get the DBC barrel, get a Nineball bucking as that bucking generally works the best in DBC barrels opposed to the Firefly ones. *Credit to TCF for testing.

Oh, and GL

Edited by Seren1ty

6.01 is the best. I have heard bad things about the 554 innger barrel, its just too long. Really the TM VSR 10 is very accurate stock, then just choose if you want a little extra stealth or a little extra accuracy.

The .01 isn't "the best". It all depends on what kind of performance you're looking for. The .01 is good for accuracy but isn't as good as the .05 when it comes to fps and range. I have a 430mm 6.05 and it is still pretty accurate and I get a decent amount of headshots out in the field. There are some problems with the length of the 554mm because of it being so long that there's more air volume in the barrel than the cylinder but this can be solved by using the PDI vacume pistons. I would still recommend the 430 length barrels because the accuracy is still adequet but it won't be so ridiculously long.

The .01 isn't "the best". It all depends on what kind of performance you're looking for. The .01 is good for accuracy but isn't as good as the .05 when it comes to fps and range. I have a 430mm 6.05 and it is still pretty accurate and I get a decent amount of headshots out in the field. There are some problems with the length of the 554mm because of it being so long that there's more air volume in the barrel than the cylinder but this can be solved by using the PDI vacume pistons. I would still recommend the 430 length barrels because the accuracy is still adequet but it won't be so ridiculously long.

Ok.... 9/10 people will probably agree .01 is better then .05. Also most everyone will agree the tighter bore increases FPS. Maybe you perfer it but most everyone else will agree it is better.

Ok.... 9/10 people will probably agree .01 is better then .05. Also most everyone will agree the tighter bore increases FPS. Maybe you perfer it but most everyone else will agree it is better.

Ofcourse an .01 barrel will increase fps if you switch out your stock barrel to a 6.01 but if you compare the .01 to the .05, you will get higher fps with the 6.05. The .01 will get you better groupings at a closer range than the .05.