Sign in to follow this  
Fox13

Pdi Fitting

Take a bit of material from the endcap with a dremel or drill, and it'll fit afterwards. But generally PDI TBs are the perfect length for VSR length outer barrels, and it's the EdGI TBs that require mods to the endcap to make it fit....Also, make sure there isn't anything in the outer barrel that is blocking the inner barrel. GL

Well, would it work if I dremeled out the end cap anyway? I don't care about why it wont fit but I want what will fix it. I know that it is sliding as far as it will go so mabey they just had a manufactruing mess-up or there is too much paint in the end cap.

PS: How do I remove the end cap?

Take a bit of material from the endcap with a dremel or drill, and it'll fit afterwards. But generally PDI TBs are the perfect length for VSR length outer barrels, and it's the EdGI TBs that require mods to the endcap to make it fit....Also, make sure there isn't anything in the outer barrel that is blocking the inner barrel. GL

To fit a 430mm PDI barrel in my Gspec, I had to drill the end cap.

Other way around. Certain PDI 6.04mm barrels require the use of a PDI end cap (or modification of a normal end cap) because they don't turn down the muzzle section on the bull barrel. They also tend to run a little bit (~5mm) shorter than they could be.

EdGI barrels were designed with the stock dimensions in mind. The ends are turned to the standard outer diameter so they fit into the stock hopup and muzzle end cap (or threaded adapter).

To the OP: PDI makes their barrels slightly thicker (they spec 8.55mm), which can lead to some frustration when installing. This is substantially wider than the stock BAR-10 end cap.

Edited by bnoji

Other way around. Certain PDI 6.04mm barrels require the use of a PDI end cap (or modification of a normal end cap) because they don't turn down the muzzle section on the bull barrel. They also tend to run a little bit (~5mm) shorter than they could be.

EdGI barrels were designed with the stock dimensions in mind. The ends are turned to the standard outer diameter so they fit into the stock hopup and muzzle end cap (or threaded adapter).

To the OP: PDI makes their barrels slightly thicker (they spec 8.55mm), which can lead to some frustration when installing. This is substantially wider than the stock BAR-10 end cap.

So if I was to drill out the end cap and make some barrel spacers it will work ok then?

I still cant get the end cap off. Whats the trick?

So if I was to drill out the end cap and make some barrel spacers it will work ok then?

Sanding or drilling will work. I would get close with a drill or dremel and finish with sanding so you're less likely to remove too much.

The end cap isn't threaded but it's been forced into the female threads of the outer barrel. This usually holds it in pretty tight. To get it out you'll want to treat it like it was threaded and unscrew it. If I can't get it by hand, I just wrap a thin sheet of rubber around it so it's not scratched and use a wrench to turn it.

I'm pretty sure the end cap is reverse threaded. I'll go check in a little and get back to you.

-edit: it has reverse threads

Edited by corelaxplayer

I'm pretty sure the end cap is reverse threaded. I'll go check in a little and get back to you.

if you mean the orange tip thing, then yes, its the opposite of what you would normally think. I spent a week trying to unscrew it until I figured out that it unscrews the other way :a-confused: