to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
EBHM4

Airsofters With Disorders?

Do you have any type of disorder?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What disorder do you have?

• None.
    • Autism/Asperger's.
    • ADD/ADHD
    • Down Syndrome.
    • Birth defect.
    • Seizure disorder.
    • Other (Please specify if comfortable).

Well I have leprosy... Try playing airsoft when you arm falls off right after lifting the gun. :a-laugh:

But really, all I have is crappy eyesight. It's like 20/70 and 20/80 in the left(some weird problem). My brother always taunts me because his is about 20/20.

OH and I forgot that I have a slight OCD... I have a devoted and arranged airsoft shelf. BBs, CO2, gas, chargers, batteries, mask. That is the order. When someone changes it I go nuts.

Edited by Coyote98

Well I have leprosy... Try playing airsoft when you arm falls off right after lifting the gun. :a-laugh:

But really, all I have is crappy eyesight. It's like 20/70 and 20/80 in the left(some weird problem). My brother always taunts me because his is about 20/20.

Well, that's better than mine. Left side was around 120 and left was around 20, both together was 15. I really don't get it.

Well, that's better than mine. Left side was around 120 and left was around 20, both together was 15. I really don't get it.

Past 15 feet I can't read anything. So that sucks on your part :a-laugh:

Past 15 feet I can't read anything. So that sucks on your part :a-laugh:

I can read just fine given that my right eye is in function, past that range to a good level. I have never worn glasses in the sixteen years I've been alive, so it's not like it's that abnormal for me to just try to make up for it subtly. Mostly, it's that my right eye makes up for most of my left eye vision, and that I do actually notice that I turn my head slightly left of the direction I'm focusing.

I can read just fine given that my right eye is in function, past that range to a good level. I have never worn glasses in the sixteen years I've been alive, so it's not like it's that abnormal for me to just try to make up for it subtly. Mostly, it's that my right eye makes up for most of my left eye vision, and that I do actually notice that I turn my head slightly left of the direction I'm focusing.

I started wearing glasses at age 9, and I hated it. After six years I barely realize I'm wearing them most of the time. It's weird, I even forget if I have them on under my mask.

I started wearing glasses at age 9, and I hated it. After six years I barely realize I'm wearing them most of the time. It's weird, I even forget if I have them on under my mask.

Well, I never have worn them except for my friends letting me try theirs, and it seems that for my left side at least, it almost matches two of my best friend's glasses. I can actually read at a distance that is about the same as my right side, and I love that.

Well, I never have worn them except for my friends letting me try theirs, and it seems that for my left side at least, it almost matches two of my best friend's glasses. I can actually read at a distance that is about the same as my right side, and I love that.

One thing. Get a monocle :a-laugh:

LOL, nah. Until you can get a monocle with a graphical overlay with information, text messaging, video, etc. I'm not going to get one. Otherwise, I'd be all for it.

A BONDACLE. Monocle that is Bond approved for sexy espionage and looking like an old Brit.

That's the kind of ignorance I'm talking about. I feel like a lot of people are just :a-censored:holes because they feel that having a disability or disorder makes someone inferior. But I'm glad to see you have an opposite attitude! :a-thumbsup:

That's the support of airsofters,airsoft is a sport that anyone can play even people with disorders.People with disorders are no different than anybody else so why treat them bad when you can be friends and there just born with it so why treat them different. Everyone is equal with disorders or not.It's like with blacks and whites eventually we realize that we are equals and looks don't matter.Just like people with disabilities it's what's inside that counts and why people get along.Also relationships built on looks wont last because there apperance may change and if you don't like choices they make or the way they act its pretty much over.People are just built a little different but who cares just get along.The personality matters.This is what airsoft is about making friends and getting along because if there's no communication on the field it won't be as fun.

I myself suffer from high-functioning Autism and a mild seizure disorder. I want to find out how many others like me with some sort of disorder play airsoft. I realize I may be getting too personal for some, and I know that some people may take offense to this poll entirely, but I want to see if there are others like me in the airsoft community. And I swear to G0D that if anyone makes fun of anyone else in this thread YOU WILL BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY! I WILL NOT TOLERATE ignorance in this thread. I've put up with it on several occasions in my day to day life, I don't need that bull a-censored.gif online too.

was diagnosed with aspreger's syndrome and ADHD at around kindergaten, started taking adderall and some other perscription stimulants at around 4th grade, my middle and high scool was hell in terms of my work ethic (survived senior year by the skin of my teeth)

main symptoms:

- have trouble keeping eye contact with people for extended periods of time

- have trouble starting and/or maintaining a conversation

- when I want to, have a pretty good memory (I surprise myself sometimes with it)

- easily distracted

- I tend to pace around the room whenever I can (just can't sit still for some reason)

I have ADD and ADHD. I don't see it as a disorder at all. I can still function fine, (Things can still be a little bit more difficult school wise, but I still keep good grades.)and I don't take medication of any kind. I think it's an advantage. I have a harder time in school, but I think quickly and can keep calm in emergency situations, so I guess I'm just more street smart. People with ADD, ADHD, and autism don't just have a disorder, they also have an advantage(?) Not sure quite how to word that, but I hope you get what I mean.

Edited by TacticalAK47

Actually only a small fraction (roughly 10%) of people with autism have some kind of savant ability. Most don't.

Autism is developmental so other abilities that people take for granted can develop later, differently, or not at all. While savant abilities are generally innate, they can also disappear as normal functions develop. There was a case where one autistic child who was a great artist started to lose these abilities as she learned to speak.

Yea, I can explain the ADD thing.....see a Long time ago, when we used to hunt and gather and first started domesticating crops, some of us where patient, could sit and do one thing for months and wait for corn to grow. While others where good at constantly shifting their attention rapidly from threat assessment, to killing food, to their hunting partner, then backtrack to the threat...ect. UNTILL the food shows up, that is where hyper focus determine who eats, and who goes hungry. Fast forward a million years and societal progress and an abundance of overstimulation no longer rewards the hunters brain, and the agrarian mindset has become the "norm"....leaving all us hunters with a "disorder"...FYI. I god all kind of other brain damage too... ADHD to the max, Impulse control, addictive tendencies, social anxiety, dyslexia, and I'm color blind differently in each eye, sh!t you not- 1 in a billion for that one. Having dealt with these Issues in both personal and professional situations, I encourage people not to live up to he label. As In "disorder" or "dysfunction". Most outer people if known with a "disorder" have also been he most gifted and some of he most compassionate people if known.