Sign in to follow this  
Buren22

Broken Charging Handle; Please Help!

So after using my echo 1 m4 commando in the field for a day, I noticed that my charging handle had stopped working. So, I opened it up, and unscrewed the top rail. The entire thing popped off the spr ing, and after putting it back on it was working fine. Now, though, the spring is bending down and will stop it from closing by jamming in between the top of the gun and the top of the gearbox. Does anyone know where this spring was before?

Pictures may be coming if I can get my camera working.

I agree with the "stretched" diagnosis. Every one of the training replicas we have at my department has had this happen. The guys pull it like the would a regular M4 and viola! stretched spring.

I normally cut the spring down and twist the last ring flat. It's worked well so far.

I agree with the "stretched" diagnosis. Every one of the training replicas we have at my department has had this happen. The guys pull it like the would a regular M4 and viola! stretched spring.

I normally cut the spring down and twist the last ring flat. It's worked well so far.

Thank you, I will try that.