The SRC G36k is the best G36k option out there. TSD is the US distributor of SRC products.

The scope is usable, but not as clear as a standard 4x32mm scope, which is to be expected with a <30mm, short-tubed optic. Even the real optic isn't great.

The Gen III models will be available come spring. They're one step below KWA with a great price tag.

A few distinguishing features include 8mm ball bearings, and real polymer bodies.

Here's more info: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Src-G36-...ii-t133641.html

Edited by D4mnit

The SRC G36k is the best G36k option out there. TSD is the US distributor of SRC products.

The scope is usable, but not as clear as a standard 4x32mm scope, which is to be expected with a <30mm, short-tubed optic. Even the real optic isn't great.

The Gen III models will be available come spring. They're one step below KWA with a great price tag.

A few distinguishing features include 8mm ball bearings, and real polymer bodies.

So the price for the g36c gen III will be $200? When will they be released? what type of internals do they have? why are the prices cheap on the gen II, are they just trying to off load them before they buy the new gen III? Sorry for all the questions but I like to do my research before I buy.

Edited by coulter

I doubt that it is better than the STAR.

I doubt that it is better than the STAR.

I don't know. They're both in the similar price range and both have really good reputations. I would like to see a side by side comparison of the two personally. But back on topic, SRC makes superb weapons from everything I've heard about them and their RPK is claimed by ASGI to be able to fire 100,000 rounds reliably, so it's probably a safe bet their new G36 series will be solid as well.

All the information you need is in the SRC Gen III G36/XM8 series thread posted above.

STAR are of equal quality externally, internally SRC Gen III may be better.

Star has H&K trades whereas SRC doesn't.

Which may make it more difficult to bring into the US if the retailer doesn't use black putty.

STAR also is the only maker of a true G36A1, but good luck finding one in stock before ARES takes over completely. STAR G36 models are very rare to find in stock.

Which may make it more difficult to bring into the US if the retailer doesn't use black putty.

STAR also is the only maker of a true G36A1, but good luck finding one in stock before ARES takes over completely. STAR G36 models are very rare to find in stock.

There are cases when uncovered trademarks passed the customs, and those covered with simple black tapes have passed aswell.

There are cases when uncovered trademarks passed the customs, and those covered with simple black tapes have passed aswell.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, sometimes they will not be stopped from entering the US, but sometimes they scratch off the trades, marring the body permanently.

the g36k is a good gun but it has a bad scope on it Ive never tested the tsd version because its not popular I wonder y hmmm

anyways I really like the classic army one

While I've never used the SRC version, I can tell you the "bad scope" was the 1.5x one, not the 3 or 3.5x ones. According to their specifications, the one you listed has a 3x scope, so it should be fine.

Ares is Star's OEM. Meaning Star re brands Ares' guns.

Ares is Star's OEM. Meaning Star re brands Ares' guns.

...Ok. ARES doesn't offer a G36A1 yet, and when they do it will be the same as the STAR model in every way.

The SRC integrated scope is perfectly usable. As I have posted numerous times I use my Eotech replica for 99% of my targeting and I use the integrated scope for scouting, ect. The SRC is different because it has a rail on top of the carry handle. The integrated scope is a short-tubed, less than 30mm optic, what do you expect. It will not be as clear as a 4X32mm optic. The eye relief is the same as any ACOG, ELCAN, or other short-tubed optic.