Sign in to follow this  
w4rr0ck_h4x0rz

Orange Tip

So my dad says I can get that Army glock if I want to

but I need to put an orange tip on it =[

so is there a way to like get some kind of extension on the outer barrel just a little bit so I don't have to really mess up the end of the slide with neon orange? :a-gross:

I don't know if there are any barrel extension orange tips, but I do see where you're coming from. Glock-esque guns do look rather horrid with the slide painted orange. How would your father feel if you just painted the very front (not the sides) of the slide? Or, better yet, the barrel underneath the slide?

US law requires 360 degrees of the first 6mm minimum of the muzzle to be painted.

It's legal if you lock the slide back and just paint the outside of the inner barrel. See if he'll go for that. If not you may have to find a threaded barrel that fits it.

EDIT: Either way, it's going to come with an orange tip, so you may be SOL.

Edited by Annun Cirith

Im pretty sure it comes with an orange tip, as with all airsoft guns.

Tell him it doesn't matter whether or not you put an orange tip on it. Criminals spray their gun tips orange so the cops think they are play guns. One idea you could do so you don't permanently ruin it with paint is use orange electrical tape.

Edited by Gunner 762

No my dad is so paranoid

when I showed him he all like "omg why do they have to make them so real looking" then he said this and I quote "some punk :censored2: kid like you will buy that and pull it out in a park with little kids and when the cops come they're gonna splatter his :pain: all over the park"

So if he could get away with my only using clear replicas he would

and it comes with that barrel plug thing I don't think they paint it

No my dad is so paranoid

when I showed him he all like "omg why do they have to make them so real looking" then he said this and I quote "some punk :censored2: kid like you will buy that and pull it out in a park with little kids and when the cops come they're gonna splatter his :pain: all over the park"

So if he could get away with my only using clear replicas he would

and it comes with that barrel plug thing I don't think they paint it

I can guarantee (unless he's reading this over your shoulders) that if you take some orange electrical tape, and some orange spray paint, go to your garage, put the tape on, pretend to spray paint (or even spray paint the tape) he won't know and you wont ruin your gun.

I don't have an orange tip on mine... actually I have one, but I do not use it. I keep the black metal flash-hider on when I am shooting around in my backyard and no one is looking... or should be looking. If I transport it to another place like a friend's house or a field, I put the gun in a case (gun bag) and switch the black metal for an orange plastic flash-hider.