Sign in to follow this  
Behemoth

Tanaka M700/m40/m24 Long Magazine Trick, Fixes Consistency Issues.

Hey I was just playing around with my M40a1 and I made some breakthroughs.

I was thinking about how to maximize the consistency of propane, and I came upon this conclusion.

All you need is 1 hand warmer, and the tanaka m700/m40/m24 long magazine (holds ~30 shots).

The long magazine is good to begin with because of you fill it up, I believe it holds a significantly larger amount of gas than a normal magazine. Because of this, individual shots will have a smaller effect on the overall pressure of the mag.

And... when you take the plate off the bottom of the long magazine, there's an empty compartment between the bottom and the gas tank. It's just big enough to fit a little hand warmer inside there. Because my M40a1 is set to a high power, the cooldown was pretty bad, but now it's counteracted by a handwarmer INSIDE the magazine, closed up and out of sight!

img8210qc4.jpg

img8211vb7.jpg

img8212iq6.jpg

Now I can use the rifle in the winter without worrying about temperature so much. For those of you who can't afford an HPA setup or the risk, I hope this helps.

Behemoth... Haven't seen you post in a while.

Your long mag seems different then mine. Mine has two silver cylinders and it looks like yours only has one.

I've been living elsewhere, doing college work.

The guns have all been closeted for the past 5 months, except for some weekends when I can come back and plink around a bit.

And that is strange. Does the other cylinder have a valve too? I bought mine from ehobbyasia, it works fine though.

Where can I get or buy "1 hand warmer"?

Thank you.

En la tipica tienda de alpinismo, melon =D!! Good to see you here!

(for the rest of users, sorry for the language, is just easier to talk in mother language with him =D)

Hey I was just playing around with my M40a1 and I made some breakthroughs.

I was thinking about how to maximize the consistency of propane, and I came upon this conclusion.

All you need is 1 hand warmer, and the tanaka m700/m40/m24 long magazine (holds ~30 shots).

The long magazine is good to begin with because of you fill it up, I believe it holds a significantly larger amount of gas than a normal magazine. Because of this, individual shots will have a smaller effect on the overall pressure of the mag.

And... when you take the plate off the bottom of the long magazine, there's an empty compartment between the bottom and the gas tank. It's just big enough to fit a little hand warmer inside there. Because my M40a1 is set to a high power, the cooldown was pretty bad, but now it's counteracted by a handwarmer INSIDE the magazine, closed up and out of sight!

Now I can use the rifle in the winter without worrying about temperature so much. For those of you who can't afford an HPA setup or the risk, I hope this helps.

I plan on doing something similar in the winter when I get my cold shot unit put the cartridge in a rifle stick pouch with a hand warmer

I plan on doing something similar in the winter when I get my cold shot unit put the cartridge in a rifle stick pouch with a hand warmer

You shouldn't need one if you're using a Cold Shot kit or any air rig. Even in northern snowy winter the pressure might drop from 850 to 700psi. Still plenty to blow every seal in the gun if unregulated. Green gas/propane has a MUCH lower liquid stasis pressure than Co2 thus needing a heating source. But then I would be careful playing with hand warmers as some can get pretty darn hot and might cause you to blow an o-ring.