Blix666

Mp5a5 As A Secondary...

What do you mean by secondary? As in, most people carry pistols and you'll be carrying a full size SMG? Or did you mean you'd bring it as a second gun to leave in the staging area, in case your first gun breaks? Because if its the former... you'll have to find a very good way of securing it, because otherwise it will be slapping against you whenever you move.

some options, which ever you find best, for carrying it on the field as a secondary. Keep in mind though, you will have to practice to be able to draw the mp5 at the same speed as a standard pistol. You can try to find a SMG holster, but usually those are for guns such as the mp5k, and the mp5 is a little long.

One option that I sometimes employ in the winter (when gbb's don't work so well) is to have a sling that is easily adjustable, attach it to the mp5, sling that up really tight on my back, and then when I need to draw it, drop my primary to hang on a one point, then with my right, pull the slider to loosen the sling, with my left grab the foregrip, pull the gun around, and bring it to bear. It can work pretty quickly, but it takes practice to not get it hung up.

The other option is to custom make a dropleg to secure the gun (what I might suggest would be two buckled/buttoned bands that would go around you leg, attached to the sling points on the mp5, so you pop the buckles and are ready to fire, instead of having to draw such a long "pistol"), but the thing is, I think trying to put a gun of that length on your leg, unless you are really tall, will be sort of uncomfortable.

Something like this might also work:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3781

Just get a sling to hold the other end in place, and pull it out quickly when you need it. You might want to figure out how to mount it other places, depending on if it seems too long to hang by the belt (and that would also depend on whether you clip it at the receiver or the foregrip).