to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
xerotherm

Ghillie Gear

hello all,

I am fixin to start work on a ghillie suit made with a flight suit. Well I noticed that this doesnt give you much options in terms of what you can wear to carry magazines and such(ie a vest or rig would sit on top of the jute on the back). I was wondering how you guys handle this. My main concern is being able to wear a camelbak to have a water supply. Georia's summers arent to kind to hydration and staying cool

Guest dmoneymoney

this is just a thought, and I don't really know how it would work or anything, but you could always Ghillie up whatever you were going to wear on your back (in your case your camelback) in addition to the rest of your suit, and it'll blend right in with the rest of your suit. Not sure how it would work, and I've never done it before, but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Guest dmoneymoney

as far as mags, haha, I have one each for my pistol and sniper, so I don't have to worry about it. as far as the pistol goes, I put it in a leg holster that is a little ghillied to blend in, but not too much that the pistol will get tangled up in the jute when I try to draw. Hope this helps.

put molle straps on the legs, shoulder pockets, or back pockets

IMPORTANT: you don't want any straps/pouches on the front, they will catch on stuff and will make it VERY uncomfortable to go prone for long periods

Edited by mountainsniper

sounds good...man now I feel retarded for not thinking that

I don't know if you've read my comprehensive ghillie suit guide that's pinned on this forum, but my personal recommendation is get a flight suit 1-2 sizes too big.. This will do 3 things.

1. Insure you wont have to make a new ghillie every time you grow

2. Insure you can fit extra clothes underneath it if it's cold

3. Insure you can fit a camel back underneath the ghillie suit

I would STRONGLY recommend you wear your camel back right under your suit. As acm stated, it also helps to keep your back cool. If you decide to ghillie your whole camel back, keep in mind that you will appear to have a lump on your back while lying down.

For mags you have 2 options.

One is to sew up some velcro straps and put them around your stock, that way you can slide your extra mag under them on the side of your stock facing away from you. The other option (the one I use) is to simply carry them in your pockets. It seems like a weird way to do it, but most flight suits don't actually have pockets. Instead, they have zippers that open and allow you to reach in and get things out of the pockets of the pants you are wearing underneath. This is easy for me to do and I also don't really worry about loosing a mag. If it does happen to fall out, it will have to fall down my flight suit pant leg and I feel confident that I would notice.