Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

What MP5 should I buy with a budget of $180?

right now I have it between a JG MK5A5 w/ retractable stock or or a Classic Army MK5A2 with both of these I would also be getting 5 mid cap magazines, but I am open to other gun suggestions

The CYMA MP5's are very nice, their internals are decent and they have full metal bodies.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4461

The midcaps are a good idea... if you want to go a bit cheaper just get one more hicap.

And to Joey, if you're looking for an opinion on an E1 besides "What the hell are you thinking?", I'm not the one to give it.

Look at Dboys M4's, they beat any rebranded pot-metal JG.

Edited by Kavurcen

+1 to Kav. Also to any newbies looking for a gun at the moment Kavurcen is not going to be on his computer as much as usual( he might get on every once in a while, long story, can't say why) but anyways still post here or message me, considering I became Kavurcen's unofficial lapdog. But posting here will work just as well considering I won't be the only person helping you.

Ooooookaaaaay..... well the only two I want to look at now are these:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1975

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1973

Obviously the Carbine is out of stock. The carbine version was the one I originally wanted. They seem to be the same thing, the size looks like the only difference. So, out of those two, which should I get?

Well I don't have any experience with either of those guns so take my advice very lightly, but I would go with the second one, the STAG-15 A4. Those guns are very similar to each other and the only differences I could find was the battery size. The first one you linked had a small type while the second has a large battery type. I would much rather have the large battery type because the stock one should last longer and preform better out of the box but if not there are many more upgrade options for large batteries than small (as far as I know). That and the body type is different. So in the end I would say if you favor the way one looks more than the other go with that one but if you like them both and cant decide go with the STAG-15 A4 for the battery (and I like its looks better).

BUT REMEMBER I HAVE NEVER USED EITHER SO TAKE MY ADVICE LIGHTLY

So I decided to get the G&G Full Metal PM5-A5 (which I didn't list as an option but I got a lot of money then expected) and based on what I have read no one has had any bad experience with G&G, and after my first skirmish with it I could not be happier . Now though, I am looking for a good side arm, My budget is about $120 for this part of my arsenal and I have been looking at some Co2 guns, mainly this Caspien 1911 and the HFC/TSD M166 are these good guns? If not can I have some suggestions as to which guns to look at, I may be able to expand my budget but not to dramatically.

So I decided to get the G&G Full Metal PM5-A5 (which I didn't list as an option but I got a lot of money then expected) and based on what I have read no one has had any bad experience with G&G, and after my first skirmish with it I could not be happier . Now though, I am looking for a good side arm, My budget is about $120 for this part of my arsenal and I have been looking at some Co2 guns, mainly this Caspien 1911 and the HFC/TSD M166 are these good guns? If not can I have some suggestions as to which guns to look at, I may be able to expand my budget but not to dramatically.

Although it seems to be the latest craze, I don't recommend CO2 at all. What type of pistol do you prefer?

I reccomend the C11 Crosman Pistol....I think its the only the Crosman did right.
I actually already own the C11 and have been angry that it curves after About 15-30 feet

and the fps is far lower then the 400 that crosman said it was.

Alright Guys.

Classic Army full metal 2009 M4A1 (X Series)

OR

KWA Ful Metal M4A1 2009.

I actually already own the C11 and have been angry that it curves after About 15-30 feet

and the fps is far lower then the 400 that crosman said it was.

I own the C11 too. The reason is becuase they measure wit 12 gram BB'a, and you use .20's if your not retarded. And mine fire perfectly accurate, I can hit out to 120 feet with it. Best pistol I've eveer owned, even though it doesn't blow back.

I own the C11 too. The reason is becuase they measure wit 12 gram BB'a, and you use .20's if your not retarded. And mine fire perfectly accurate, I can hit out to 120 feet with it. Best pistol I've eveer owned, even though it doesn't blow back.

I've used .23s with it and its been fine. For me though, after 60 feet is where I will start to miss the torso of somebody.

BTW Can somebody reccomend a good G3?

Edited by Sereday

Alright Guys.

Classic Army full metal 2009 M4A1 (X Series)

OR

KWA Ful Metal M4A1 2009.

Sorry I haven't been able to get to you, my PM isn't quite working. Anyway, since M4's are definately not CA's forte (AK's and G3's are), I'd say the KWA since it has much better internals.

That still can't make up for all of the hopper-fed plastic Wal-Mart grade trash they put out there.

I've used .23s with it and its been fine. For me though, after 60 feet is where I will start to miss the torso of somebody.

BTW Can somebody reccomend a good G3?

Two letters: CA.

$100-$200 Budget

-A gun use to assault the enemy position

-not to heavy

-Sturdy

-last about 1-2yrs

-Pm if you have any ideas

~airsoftfan

My PM is extremely messed up, anyone who's PM'd me sorry...

<AT> airsoftfan, I gave you the CM048M in another thread. That will give you all of the above, if not more.

My PM is extremely messed up, anyone who's PM'd me sorry...

<AT> airsoftfan, I gave you the CM048M in another thread. That will give you all of the above, if not more.

The thing with Ak's is that my parents don't want me getting one because they look so real. and they say it makes me look like a terrorist.....

Any others?

~airsoftfan

The thing with Ak's is that my parents don't want me getting one because they look so real. and they say it makes me look like a terrorist.....

Any others?

~airsoftfan

So let me get this straight... an AKM looks too realistic? So what do they want you to get? And M4? G36? All of those look real and all of those are more likely for a civilian to get their hands on than an AKM.

I prefer Spetsnaz over Terrorist...

Try this one: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3686

So let me get this straight... an AKM looks too realistic? So what do they want you to get? And M4? G36? All of those look real and all of those are more likely for a civilian to get their hands on than an AKM.

I prefer Spetsnaz over Terrorist...

Try this one: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3686

That is actually the gun I have now but mine is dif color and broken for some reason(It will not fire what so ever but im not one to take it apart because I would not be able to get it back together)

This is the gun I am looking at now: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_Full...-sc01-black.htm

~airsoftfan

That is actually the gun I have now but mine is dif color and broken for some reason(It will not fire what so ever but im not one to take it apart because I would not be able to get it back together)

This is the gun I am looking at now: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_Full...-sc01-black.htm

~airsoftfan

Send it in to one of the internal experts on the forums, they'll fix it for you (for a price, of course). The SCAR is just so d4mn plain, but whatever...

~airsoftfan

HA, that sucks...Try to talk to them about it, explain to them other people have even realer looking guns :a-wink: and nobody thinks their terrorists...

Send it in to one of the internal experts on the forums, they'll fix it for you (for a price, of course). The SCAR is just so d4mn plain, but whatever...

Who on the forums would be trustworthy to fix it? My dad doesn't want me sending my gun off to some guy who just steals it and says:"HAHA nerd kid" and if possible any other places(online site I could send it to)?

~airsoftfan

Who on the forums would be trustworthy to fix it? My dad doesn't want me sending my gun off to some guy who just steals it and says:"HAHA nerd kid" and if possible any other places(online site I could send it to)?

~airsoftfan

As an example Aimfor1337 and Vietec run a small company called "BB Works" through SOA. You could PM one of them and get a quote, and from what I hear their work quality is amazing. They're definitely reliable, though, since they've done work for dozens of people and they are moderators too.

100-250 dollar budget

M16 or m4 any variant.

-As much metal as possible

-reaches out and is very accurate

-Has high compatibility with aftermarket parts for regular ar15 platform, like buttstocks and Floatubes..if this is possible, I don't know whether or not they are designed that way.

-total newbie to airsoft but not regular firearms or paintball guns so mechanically the complexity shouldnt be an issue at all for me.

Was thinking about a G&G or a CA but I really don't know. Will see alot of dirt,heat, and be around salt water.

Here you are, side: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3542

Make sure to get a nice intellect battery for that, like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3920

god dangit everytime I see this topic I always think someone is giving away free guns >:(

Lmao, I might ask a mod to change it to something more suitable...

Here you are, side: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3542

Make sure to get a nice intellect battery for that, like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3920

Did you mention that one to keep me within price range including the battery?? I wouldn't worry about stuff like that. The price is strictly for the gun.

G&G GR-16 A2 Rifle Airsoft Gun ( Original Plastic Series )

^^^^^

Are metal bodies that much more expensive??

Would you recomend a Plastic G&G like that or the G&G GI Combat Machine M4 RIS or something with more metal like a CA Full Metal Armalite M15A4 Carbine?

Also,do higher end stuff like G&G full metal blowbacks cost the same used as the mid range cost new??

I am all for used gear, there seems to be ALOT that just had the box opened. Like I said I would MUCHHH rather have something with more metal.

Are G&G internals better than CAs?

Thanks Kav!

G&G and CA I generally consider equal, but GG has better M4's. Don't bother with the blowback, it's disappointing, and the Plastica is a bit better than the Combat Machine. Here's the metal one, if it's worth the extra money to you: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2837

You still need a battery.

G&G and CA I generally consider equal, but GG has better M4's. Don't bother with the blowback, it's disappointing, and the Plastica is a bit better than the Combat Machine. Here's the metal one, if it's worth the extra money to you: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2837

You still need a battery.

ohhh, I thought it came with one and you just sent me that because I would probably need an extra. Yeah, I think I will pay more for a metal one, maybe I can find a cheap G&G or CA in classified, if not I will just buy a new one. But now I know two I can definitely look for and not worry about brand or model or anything being low grade or bad.

Can you change the Float tube one these?

Now I don't want to seem like im trashing your advice or anything... but CA was essentially born on their M15 (M4) series. There are several members on my team who use CA M4 variants and I am very impressed with them.

Although, I do know that G&G has a good reputation for internals, but I have no experience with them. I have heard good things about the internals on their MP5s, although, ICS is the way to go for an MP5... They are amazing and withstand tons of abuse. Also, KWA internals MAY be good and it shoots at 400 fps or whatever... but the gearbox is not designed to handle stress like that for long... KWA uses a non-reinforced GB standard, and on the g36 its fine (V3 GB), but on the m4 I have seen 3 KWA M4s have cracked gearboxes after ~1 year of use.

Just my 2 cents

CA's AR's are good and all, but I find their real forte is their their G3 and AK lines. On the other hand, G&G's best guns are their AR's, and they're slightly better than the CA ones (mostly in the area of OTB performance). You do have a good point, though.

When I recommend KWA, I recommend the new 2009 line, which I've heard from several sources (all of which I consider reliable) is close to the best on the market.

I keep seeing beginners asking what gun they should get... to keep the forums a bit clearer, I've made this thread.

Either PM me, or post here with your budget, the style of gun you prefer, what you'll be using it for and I (or another member) will help you via PM.

Budget: $160

Style: Carbine, sniper

Use: Woods+CQB

I've looked into the CYMA CM035 AKS 74 UN, and the AGM L96, but have to choose between the two due to budget constraints. Any other gun suggestion is suggestions are welcome.

And if I do get the cyma, are there any upgrades I can afford? Or should I just get a better pistol?

CYMA's have pretty good out-of-the-box performance, so you really don't need many upgrades. If you have to get upgrades, get a tightbore.

But do you want a bolt-action OR a sniper, or both? Because that's sort of a conflicting agenda.

The CYMA's a good choice, though.

CYMA's have pretty good out-of-the-box performance, so you really don't need many upgrades. If you have to get upgrades, get a tightbore.

But do you want a bolt-action OR a sniper, or both? Because that's sort of a conflicting agenda.

The CYMA's a good choice, though.

Sounds good. Bolt-action definitely.

So if I go with the cyma, do you think I'll need a pistol, and if so what should I get that's around $40? It'd be nice to get something better than a spring pistol.

I keep seeing beginners asking what gun they should get... to keep the forums a bit clearer, I've made this thread.

Either PM me, or post here with your budget, the style of gun you prefer, what you'll be using it for and I (or another member) will help you via PM.

style: ak 47

price:>$130

and I really don't tknow. woods prolly

style: ak 47

price:>$130

and I really don't tknow. woods prolly

CM028

It's under a $100, allowing you to get new charger or battery or mag, and ASGI(airsoft gi) has their own review/video owners manual that you can watch, it's in the link. It's a great starter gun, and it looks good.

And if you want to, you can get a CM028A so you have RIS space for a forgrip, or whatever you need...but you do lose the realistic aspect and the fake wood looks better than plain black IMO.

Edited by AEGmaniac

CM028

It's under a $100, allowing you to get new charger or battery or mag, and ASGI(airsoft gi) has their own review/video owners manual that you can watch, it's in the link. It's a great starter gun, and it looks good.

And if you want to, you can get a CM028A so you have RIS space for a forgrip, or whatever you need...but you do lose the realistic aspect and the fake wood looks better than plain black IMO.

Actually, those RIS handguards, ergo grips, and black stocks are available for the RS AK, so it's every bit as authentic... if not as "classic".

Actually, those RIS handguards, ergo grips, and black stocks are available for the RS AK, so it's every bit as authentic... if not as "classic".

So I'm guessing I gave him a good suggestion because you decided to tell me I was wrong on something about the RS AK instead of saying it's a bad gun? Yay I chose something good for someone. Also, I just think a wood(fake or not) finish on an AK looks the best, but I don't know, someone might make one that actually looks better(IMO) than the classic wood style finish.

Edited by AEGmaniac

Hi, I am new to the forum and didn't want to start a new thread to ask about guns. Here are the parameters. I am unsure about games in the Waukesha-Milwaukee area as of now as I haven't moved up there, and don't know if I will be playing mainly woods games or CQB games. I would prefer to only have to buy 1 gun if possible, the main thing I am worried about is the FPS of some guns that wont be allowed for CQB games.

Budget$$: ~$250

Must be decently within normal regulations for CQB games, I don't want to be left out because my gun is shooting 400 fps.

Budget includes all accessories such as battery and ammo. I don't need a sight as I have a very nice red dot finder.

Show me what you got.

Edited by ki4yun