to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

I knew I'd receive this kind of response. Basically because you deal with such a verbose amount of airsoft you can look down on stuff like this (and rightly so). I know why you think it's a waste of money and if I was more willing to do airsoft in a more serious manner right now I would agree with you. However I don't know how serious I will be about airsoft based on how serious my friends will take it. I am not willing to spend 200 dollars if everybody bails on me.

You are thinking of the future and because of my ignorance think I'm making a poor decision for my friend. I'm willing to get the MP5, but I can guarantee you that my friend would be more interested with little perks like that.

So basically you think that all those products fail so hard in comparison to the airsoft guns you see, research, test and use so often that you'd think Id be better off throwing my money into the toliet.

Because of the comparison, you see those companies listed as being all on the same playing field. Either that theory or they really do have such identical designs and materials that there is no point in distinguishing one from another.

No, no, not at all. I spent several years of my airsofting experience with nothing but LPEG's and spring pistols. I still own one and three, respectively. But when I finally got my first "real" gun, I realized there really is no comparison between the two. So don't think I'm too immersed in upper affairs to know what you're talking about. But if you buy that LPEG instead of the Galaxy, I will die a little inside. I'm serious. You talk about "I am not willing to spend 200 dollars"... Do you not seem to understand that it's $50? You are actually 100% correct in your last sentence. However I do find Boyi (Dboys) LPEG's use around thirty times more screws on their receivers and random external parts, therefore rendering them slightly better than the rest.

This should be stickied, in New Players AND General. Anyway...

This isn't really a which gun question per se, but rather a this vs. that. So the question, should I get this gun or this gun? I would rather order off AirsoftGI, but I have used Airsplat once and everything turned out fine. I don't really have a preference toward either gun, I just want the best M4 CASV or S-System for my money, or if you have a link to a better gun I'll definately look at it. I want to spend $250-300 including 6 extra magazines, a TBB, an extra Intellect 8.4(maybe 2) and a new bucking.

I have 4 paintball guns. I want to sell them and get airsoft. yes I wrote 4.

I live waaay out on a farm - (within bikeing distance of park service forest) ...in whice is a bunch of old cars, and a mini forest. therefore I used the paintguns for 'woodsball' and 'speedsball'. With my little brother and sister and my big brother. After finding out how expensive PB is I decided to shich to airsoft.

I am looking for 3-4 airsoft guns. I DO NOT want a gas gun. I am ummmish about the battry ones. (tell me more about the battrys willya). I had a spring pistol years ago I hated the cocking. so maby a shotgun? (if the battries are a pain)

possibly a budget of 400-500 when the PB guns are sold (I nedd to use up the last of the balls lol)

My income sort of has a huge flow in the spring and I don't get hardly any more all year.

I could try 4 diffrent guns?

1 that shoots fast (older bro)

1 that can shoot semi and full? don't really care(for me)

1 that looks diff and is small and light

1 that looks diff and is small and light

ps I like the look of http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2336

I also dontneed masks, have5

Edited by Greenace

Guest Luftwaffe

AEGs (electric guns that used batteries) are the "sport standard" platform. If you want a gun with semi auto and full auto features you're going to have to go with an AEG. You said you had a budget of 4-500$. I'm going to guess that you plan on buying 4 guns and some BBs with that (I assume you already have goggles/masks)? What model guns do you want?

Edit: It looks like you like the Mp5 series. JG has Mp5 models for 110$ (See HERE). With 4-500$ split up between 4 people you aren't going to be able to get TOO much, but those JG's should be enough for what you all would use them for.

Edited by Luftwaffe

I don't know ant thing about the gun I linked, I just like how it looks

I also like th AK desine

are the Battries that much of a pain? (my pain tolerance can handle cleaning out 4 Paint guns after every use)

Edited by Greenace

Guest Luftwaffe

The gun you linked to is fine for a beginner with your kind of budget.

You can check out the CYMA AK (Cm.028) HERE. They're only 95$, and they'll serve your purposes.

Edited by Luftwaffe

+1 to the CM.028. You can get 4 CM.028s and 4 600rd hi-capacity magazines for $460. If you want to spend an extra $96 you can also get 4 better batteries. I wouldn't recommend the MP5k because for $5 more you get considerably less gun(figuratively speaking).

Ok...So you can get 2 CM.028s, an extra 600rd hi-cap for each, 2 Galaxy MP5ks and 4 90rd midcaps for each for $493. The AKs end up with more ammo, but you can change up the mags when you order.

ya I will probibly do that exept I just saw this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2910

I LOVE that gun (used in computer game) will eventualy get a REAL one

I may be more expensive but I can probibly find 25$

Unless it is a peice of Garbage...?

Can it do auto? (the real life gun cant)

Edited by Greenace

Yes it can do full auto, but I will give you my left arm if you can find a CM.032 anywhere on the internet. I think it's a pretty decent gun, and you'll have to go with the SOCOM version.

Budget: Well, I'm 12 years old and only have about $60 right now so yeah. I guess my gun budget is about $100? Maybe a bit more? I want to get a sart charger because that would be really nice but I guess if I had to I wouldnt mind waitin a bit for that til I get more money.

Style: Well I really love the G36 series and want something like that but not to spend too much. I was looking at the Mp5k PDW of the Mp5 series too. it has a good price but I would really like to also have some Tactical Rails to add some stuff on later on. I was also maybe thinking of a M4/M16, those seem kind of cool. I also thought about an AK47, I've heard great things about them but I don't think they have rails, if they don't have rails but they are very good overall then I guess it's okay.

Areas: I guess I would mainly be shooting it in a back yard and possibly my friends REALLY open backyard with tons of space(But thats not 100%) I would like to be able to go somewhere for wars and all but I live in Fresno, California, USA. Anyone know a good place to go to for fighting? Cuz I don't...

THANKZ! :a-salute:

Also if you can give me some good coupons too use that'd be great.

Ok, first, DO NOT play in backyards, or anywhere somebody who is not playing could see you. Make sure you play at a legal field. Anyway...

I would suggest saving up some more money and get a G&G Plastica, like the ones on this page. They are by far the best guns for the price but you will need to buy a battery separately.

if you are just target shooting you should get a rough rider bb gun or something

I, persoaly, got hooked on being able to shoot at my brothers with out going to prison lol

are pawn shops good plases to get guns from? I have done well as far a paint ball stuff goes getting them from pawn shops.

Edited by Greenace

Also if you can give me some good coupons too use that'd be great.

there's a site called retailmenot.com and they have coupon codes for a lot of sites. Just go on and search for the site you're buying from and they'll most likely have a coupon code.

for asgi I think its like tim or vince. idk, ive only heard people saying those were passwords.

also, I got a couple odd-jobs the past week so my budget has increased significantly, so...

what do ya think of...

this ak47(soviets ftw)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3887 - cmo42

this spring

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1072 - guarder sp100

and these bb's

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2442 - tsd .20's 3 bag special

Edited by Master Destroyer

Still for 2 litle kids weghit is a problem

2 of each I guess

be probibly 2 weeks till I get in a position to buy

How old are you? I'm 13, really thin, and a CM028 feels like nothing to me.

Anyway, for your requirements, the CM028 is really the only gun that fits it, and a good one at that. It's mostly ABS (decent ABS, don't worry) so you should be able to carry it fine. I lug around a full metal one without a sling :a-thumbsup:

And the ASGI code is "tim". No quotation marks... they're mentioned in about every thread relating to ASGI...

Also, airsoft isn't exactly a "plinking" sport, and airsoft gun's aren't exactly "plinkers". I think you're looking for either BB guns or archery, not airsoft... airsoft is an active team sport and/or military simulation, not a dude in his back yard shooting tin cans with a plastic AK47 replica (that's called boredom).

Still for 2 litle kids weghit is a problem

2 of each I guess

be probibly 2 weeks till I get in a position to buy

I'm 16 and a pretty small guy but I have no problem with a G&P M249. I know people that are 15 that can handle heavier guns than a grown man in his 30's. And you need to work on your grammar...

Claim denied, it's not in stock. The sentince should read "I will give you my left arm if you can find a CM032 in stock anywhere on the internet"

And my question still needs answering...

Edited by CCX-R

Claim denied, it's not in stock. The sentince should read "I will give you my left arm if you can find a CM032 in stock anywhere on the internet"

And my question still needs answering...

What's your question...

And to the dude who asked about pawn shops, are you serious? I mean, honestly, I'd rather buy from Darth Vader in the middle of a plague pit somewhere in the Czech republic.

This isn't really a which gun question per se, but rather a this vs. that. So the question, should I get this gun or this gun? I would rather order off AirsoftGI, but I have used Airsplat once and everything turned out fine. I don't really have a preference toward either gun, I just want the best M4 CASV or S-System for my money, or if you have a link to a better gun I'll definately look at it. I want to spend $250-300 including 6 extra magazines, a TBB, an extra Intellect 8.4(maybe 2) and a new bucking.

Copied and pasted from post #125.

Copied and pasted from post #125.

That would be the Dboys, check ehobby asia, I believe they have the full metal version of the S-System in stock for a good price. The CASV is, unfortunately, stocked only by the likes of Airsplat and HitGuns. But it should fit your budget and requirements well.

And thanks for the sticky advice. I've been talking with a mod lately, and I think the point is to keep this thread "active". This thread would probably shrink and die if pinned (nobody looks at pinned topics), and shortly thereafter more "Which gun?" questions would pop up too.

I need advice(again)

I was going to get the cmo42, but then I realized Blast Camp is building to building fighting cqb, and I figured carrying an ak47 as a primary and using the shotgun when I enter buildings would get unweildy.

So I was thinking I should get a smaller and cheaper gun, because A) it'll work better in cqb, and B) I want to take it apart and upgrade it and not risk losing 200 because I screwed up. I was thinking the galaxy mp5k.

mp5k-it's small and cheaply priced. The price really matters because I want to upgrade the internals once I get it, so I can begin to understand gearboxes and so I can upgrade a few things.

What upgrades should I get for it? at blast camp your target is never really more than 80 feet away, so range isn't the main issue its just I wanna put some ups that will make it last a LOOONG time, and hopefully get the fps up to 350.

Dude. Just stay with the CM042, but just get the S version with the folding stock. AK47's are actually pretty short, and giving such a great gun up for a Galaxy MP5K (as good as the K is) is sad.

If you MUST get a Galaxy MP5, get the PDW. It has a stock (much better for accurate aiming, even in CQB), and you can take it off if youw ant, leaving you with an MP5K. They're the same price anyways.

I'm 16 and a pretty small guy but I have no problem with a G&P M249. I know people that are 15 that can handle heavier guns than a grown man in his 30's. And you need to work on your grammar...

my little bro he 6 little sis is 12 and short

Guest Luftwaffe

With 100$ you can get the Galaxy MP5K for yourself. You wont be getting 3-4 decent guns with only 100$.

Guest Luftwaffe

Oops double post.

Edited by Luftwaffe

Greenace...

READ THE RULES before posting. If you actually did, which is sort of a no brainer (you find out the laws of a country before you immigrate there so you don't get arrested, right?) then you would see that

1. Don't double post. If you want to add information, go to your previous post and click the "edit" button. That will allow you to add information onto your post without having to do two in a row.

2. Don't link to ebay pages. The ads go away in 90 days, and we can't have dead links all over the place. Ebay sells crap no-name guns, if it says "AK47 SVD dragunov spring sniper assault carbine", or anything similar to that, without stating a particular model and brand, then it is a piece of crap. If its name contradicts itself (like AK47 SVD and sniper assault carbine) then it is a piece of crap.

RD is right. There are two <$100 options for an AEG, being the CM028 (AK47) and Galaxy MP5K or PDW. You can find them both at airsoftgi.com, and if you add a bag of Airsoft Elite .25g pellets, you should get free shipping. Otherwise the only decent option I can think of would be a DE/UTG/TSD trishot spring shotgun.

This is a "which gun" thread, not an "I know absolutely nothing about airsoft" thread. I wonder if there is one...

Anyway, .20/.2** and .25, etc. Are .25G. The "g" stands for grams. And do you know what grams are? A WEIGHT. Any gun can use any pellet* that is the SIZE of 6mm, except for 8mm guns, which use 8mm pellets of various weights (8mm guns are specified as 8mm and made by only a few companies). Any 6mm gun can use any 6mm pellet of any weight. However, it is important that you choose the right weight. You don't want to use .30g pellets in a Tokyo Marui, since you'd probably be able to dodge those. You don't want to use .12g pellets in ANY gun because they will break it, due to their awful quality and pure forces of nubbiness. Therefore, the best pellet* would be .20 or .25 depending on FPS. Guns like stock CA's shoot around 310 and therefore are better off with .20g/.2g pellets. The CM028 shoots around 350, so it is better off with .25g pellets. Always use as heavy pellets as possible, since those will give you the best accuracy. Your FPS with any given pellet on an AEG should be 300-350. The easiest way to tell what pellet to use is find out the joules (basic power measurement) of your gun is. To do so, enter your fps (with .2g, 350 in greenace's case) into here: http://www.cimmerians.com/FPS_Converter.html

Once you have your joules (hah hah, your joules...), theoretically you can find your fps with any weight pellet you can think of, from .000001 to .99999999.

**In decimals, a zero after a digit with no digits succeeding it can be elminated, in case you skipped sixth grade math. .300 becomes .3, .36700000 becomes .367, and so on.

*It's pellets, people, not BB's. Everyone says BB's but it pisses me off. These aren't BB guns, so they don't shoot BB's. They shoot plastic PELLETS. Besides, "BB" sounds intimidating and dangerous to the general public, and we need to improve airsoft's image, and bring it past the stereotype of people shooting each other's eyes out (or getting shot for real by a policemen) with real-looking guns in the backyard.

what do you think of this kav?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4739

I figured its a compromise between the mp5k and the ak, so I like it, but what spring should I get to lower its fps to settle around 350? and how difficult do you think it would be to get into its gearbox for a Newbie?

what do you think of this kav?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4739

I figured its a compromise between the mp5k and the ak, so I like it, but what spring should I get to lower its fps to settle around 350? and how difficult do you think it would be to get into its gearbox for a Newbie?

1. Heh, a cute little AKS74U... if it works for you go for it, it's good quality. It's just sort of like a terrorist wearing a Hello Kitty shemagh, if you ask me. But if you like it, by all means get it, don't listen to crap from me. If I were you, find someone who has it or a store that does and actually pick it up and hold it. If it's comfortable (that's a pretty tiny gun) then get it 100%.

2. Just get an M100 and probably a G&G standard motor (so the ROF doesn't blow the old motor and GB, and it'll last longer total).

*It's pellets, people, not BB's. Everyone says BB's but it pisses me off. These aren't BB guns, so they don't shoot BB's. They shoot plastic PELLETS. Besides, "BB" sounds intimidating and dangerous to the general public, and we need to improve airsoft's image, and bring it past the stereotype of people shooting each other's eyes out (or getting shot for real by a policemen) with real-looking guns in the backyard.

Pellet is much more dangerous sounding to people who have experience with bb guns. bb guns shoot pellets which are lead bullet-shaped projectiles which are much more accurate and lethal (hence the term pellet gun). I want better understanding of airsoft too but they're called bb's whether we like it or not. I always call them airsoft bb's for airsoft guns and bb's for bb guns.

Edited by Hobosaur