Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

I am posting on behalf of one of my friends since I don't know anything about gas guns.

Budget: $130 max

Play style: Squad designated marksmen

Play area: Woods and fields

Style preference: Either an MP5k gbb style for an SMG or M9 gbb for pistols.

My friend has little to no experience with gas guns but would prefer Green gas to CO2. He is looking to get a gas gun for the reliability (mechanical rather then electric, fewer moving parts then an AEG) and realism.

I was looking at the Well MP5k and the WE M9 and the KJW M9.

I wouldn't get the Wells personally, and I haven't seen or tried the KJW. But the WE M9 is a pretty solid gun I know a couple people with that M9.

Edited by Reverb

Well MP5Ks are great, but unfortunately the magazines are crap at best and you have to hunt down rather expensive Maruzen magazines. I don't recommend WEs due to their horrible cooldown and gas efficiency. KJWs are better, but ideally you'd want one of the following: any TM GBB, any KWA NS2 GBB, or any semi-auto KSC/KWA Glock. Since he has a low budget, any of those would be a great buy used, since being quality pistols they all hold up well.

Price range: ~$200

Play style:Scout/Spotter(Depends)

Play Area:Woodlands,occasionally CQB

The two "guns" that I want are the TM MK.23 SOCOM(Full Set) and the WE 1911 MEU.

I like the MK.23 because the sound supressor works,and can acheive the range of an AEG(from my research).

But the only place I can find it is ehobbyasia,so shipping'll probably be painful and so will the magazines.

I've held a 1911,and I like the feel of it.It's more commonly available,and so are magazines.But I think it's status is like the M4:Personalizable,but common.

If I get the MK.23,would I be ok with just that?Ammo capacity isn't a problem.

If the MK.23 is ruled out,and there is a better alternative to the 1911,feel free to suggest(But M1911 and the M9 are preffered).

TM MK.23

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smg...set-pistol.html

WE 1911 MEU

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4381

Thanks.

Hey, I posted here a while ago. And my little brother is still saving! I am still looking around at guns I would like. My budget right now is about 140 for everything. But I can always save more. I was looking at the cyma aks74. And the only thing I read that was horrible was the mag. And I can always order other mags. What mag would be best for it? Also, are bigger battery's or smart chargers necisarry?

EDIT: wrong link!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3110

or is the combat machine m4 better?

Edited by TylersEM2

Hey, I posted here a while ago. And my little brother is still saving! I am still looking around at guns I would like. My budget right now is about 140 for everything. But I can always save more. I was looking at the cyma aks74. And the only thing I read that was horrible was the mag. And I can always order other mags. What mag would be best for it? Also, are bigger battery's or smart chargers necisarry?

DO NOT GET THE CYMA. I have one. It is terrible. I bought an Echo 1 mag for it and it didn't help it. The problems are it won't shoot the bbs. It will only shoot consistently if I hold the gun upside down while shooting it. It is terrible. Also, you are not going to get your which gun question answered here. I've had mine here for a while.

Edited by cagers14

To the above poster, we have lives and you definatly got a lemon, for your gun, pick up the first or last selections; their just as good as each other.

As for tyler, I would personaly get the CM, but if you like AK's get the AK; one's just as good as the other.

Hey guys. Im not really new in any way but I do need some help finding the right GBB sidearm. Honestly all Im REALLY looking for is something that feels solid and is going to be a durable, reliable sidearm. Im mostly fond of the FN 5-7, Mk.23, and Walther P99, so mostly unique, but quality pistols. I know of the TM 5-7 and how it is supposed to be one of the best but has problems with green gas/propane. As far as I know the only 2 Mk.23's are made by TM and KJW (I think). The TM one being VERY good but plastic and no BB makes it a no go for the price. And I have heard VERY little about the KJW. The Walther P99 would be my very first choice but I know of only one being released and it not being to popular or it just fell off the radar.

So please any help would be greatly appreciated as well as what your choice sidearms would be. My only restrictions are that its durable, GBB, relatively competitive, and under 200 dollars if possible. And of course the "feel" of holding something realistic. Thanks.

Edited by RedRaptor

DO NOT GET THE CYMA. I have one. It is terrible. I bought an Echo 1 mag for it and it didn't help it. The problems are it won't shoot the bbs. It will only shoot consistently if I hold the gun upside down while shooting it. It is terrible. Also, you are not going to get your which gun question answered here. I've had mine here for a while.

Well if it isn't feeding it could be a number of problems, but most likely the hop up unit isn't opening the magazine.

Price Range- $270 max

Play Style-Assault

Play Area- mostly just in the woods with my buddies

Style Preference- M4, G4 Series, SCAR, MK5

I was looking at these - GR15 Raider

SCAR

Or Any Of These

If you can go a little higher, this will be a lot better http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2743

Whoo, sorry for the waits, I've been on vacation :D

Price Range- $270 max

Play Style-Assault

SCAR

Or Any Of These

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/china-aegs/...irsoft-aeg.html

Shipping is a bit expensive. If you can find that in stock elsewhere I'd recommend it, IDK about that "Airsoft Arms" website but the Echo 1 version is identical (literally, manufactured in the same factory from the same molds and materials).

http://weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=1758

All it needs for great stock performance is a reshim, a good grease job and a 9.6v battery. Externally it's great, although you might want to take some steel wool to the receiver because the finish is a bit shiny (just a matter of personal preference).

Hm. I have a crappy mag for my AEG, I should go buy the same mag in a different package, that should fix my problem.

My Umarex mp5n is horrible, but I heard the g36c is much better.

Umarex is a licensing company that provides manufacturers (like KWA) with the rights to trademarks for companies like Heckler and Koch. Umarex doesn't make any guns.

Hey guys. Im not really new in any way but I do need some help finding the right GBB sidearm. Honestly all Im REALLY looking for is something that feels solid and is going to be a durable, reliable sidearm. Im mostly fond of the FN 5-7, Mk.23, and Walther P99, so mostly unique, but quality pistols. I know of the TM 5-7 and how it is supposed to be one of the best but has problems with green gas/propane. As far as I know the only 2 Mk.23's are made by TM and KJW (I think). The TM one being VERY good but plastic and no BB makes it a no go for the price. And I have heard VERY little about the KJW. The Walther P99 would be my very first choice but I know of only one being released and it not being to popular or it just fell off the radar.

So please any help would be greatly appreciated as well as what your choice sidearms would be. My only restrictions are that its durable, GBB, relatively competitive, and under 200 dollars if possible. And of course the "feel" of holding something realistic. Thanks.

The TM 5-7 is a great option, it can take green gas out of the box fine but for a little added longevity you might want to pick up the Guarder poly slide/frame kit from ehobby, it's pretty affordable ($20 + shipping for the slide, $60 + shipping for the slide and frame), or alternatively you can get a 5-7 from ehobby pre-fitted with the Guarder kit. Keep in mind that the 5-7 is one of the hardest kicking airsoft pistols on the market, so if you like the slide to just slide back quietly without disturbing your aim you should look at another option.

Umarex is a licensing company that provides manufacturers (like KWA) with the rights to trademarks for companies like Heckler and Koch. Umarex doesn't make any guns.

Never said they did, all I said was that my Umarex mp5n, (never said trademarked or not) was horrible. It broke on the third game of play.

http://weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=1758

All it needs for great stock performance is a reshim, a good grease job and a 9.6v battery. Externally it's great, although you might want to take some steel wool to the receiver because the finish is a bit shiny (just a matter of personal preference).

Could you recommend an M4 in the same price range? I like the style or m4's way more. I think we talked about the CM before. I think that's what I will go for. I just need to know what kind of battery to get.? just a regular 9.6v?

Could you recommend an M4 in the same price range? I like the style or m4's way more. I think we talked about the CM before. I think that's what I will go for. I just need to know what kind of battery to get.? just a regular 9.6v?

http://s299224389.e-shop.info/shop/article...D5%26aid%3D4%26

http://s299224389.e-shop.info/shop/article...2%26aid%3D33%26

At first I thought that this forum wasn't all that great, but after looking around and lurking quite a bit. This forum is awesome. You guys are very helpful to us new guys who try to use correct grammer! Anyways, thanks for giving me a better expierence about how to join the airsoft community! :a-wink:

EDIT: To verisimilitude, thankyou for the recommendation! If I order that, the only other thing I will need is a smart charger right? :D Should I use .2 or .23 bb's?

Edited by TylersEM2

Hello there fellow members.

My dear old pal sold his upgraded G&G M4 he had and he is going to a different gun soon. He said he decided on the CA AUG A2, so I asked him why not the TM. He said he didn't see it on AirsoftAtlanta so he didn't know it existed. >_>

He apparently is going to upgrade it for long distance... without opening the gearbox. I told him he wouldn't be able to get it to shoot high enough without opening it, and then... he said you don't have to open the gearbox on AUGs to change the spring out for a more powerful one... so I showed him a picture to prove him wrong.

Well anyway I want to help him decide by figuring out a few things.

1. How much better are the externals on the CA than the TM?

2. Hows the internals on the CA?

3. What problems are known on both guns?

4. Which one would you pick?

Thanks everybody. :)

Edited by Coin3

At first I thought that this forum wasn't all that great, but after looking around and lurking quite a bit. This forum is awesome. You guys are very helpful to us new guys who try to use correct grammer! Anyways, thanks for giving me a better expierence about how to join the airsoft community! :a-wink:

EDIT: To verisimilitude, thankyou for the recommendation! If I order that, the only other thing I will need is a smart charger right? :D Should I use .2 or .23 bb's?

Call Ben at No Limit and he might be able to fix you up with a smart charger. Heck, tell him you're from ASF and he might cut you a package deal on all three.

I use .20s in my CMbbs, but it wouldn't hurt to experiment with some .23s. While you're there, buy some BBKing bbs. They're great, and relatively inexpensive. No Limit is one of the very few US stockists.

Hello there fellow members.

My dear old pal sold his upgraded G&G M4 he had and he is going to a different gun soon. He said he decided on the CA AUG A2, so I asked him why not the TM. He said he didn't see it on AirsoftAtlanta so he didn't know it existed. >_>

He apparently is going to upgrade it for long distance... without opening the gearbox. I told him he wouldn't be able to get it to shoot high enough without opening it, and then... he said you don't have to open the gearbox on AUGs to change the spring out for a more powerful one... so I showed him a picture to prove him wrong.

Well anyway I want to help him decide by figuring out a few things.

1. How much better are the externals on the CA than the TM?

Well, CA has extremely nice metalwork on the upper receiver. The plastic parts are pretty much the same IMO but the TM is a bit shinier.

2. Hows the internals on the CA?

Metal spring guide, polycarb piston/piston head, metal bushings, steel gears... pretty solid, M120 stock capable with ease. Just needs a new piston head o-ring, the stock ones are typically too small. The stock CA motor is pretty decent, I'd trust it to M130 max. I don't know which motor the TM comes with; the EG700 is very quiet but lacks speed or torque, and it's best used as intended, around the 1J mark, whereas the EG1000 is a pretty good motor on the faster side, IDK how much it will like an M120+ though.

3. What problems are known on both guns?

The front vertical/45 degree foregrip wobbles like a drunk sapling (sweet analogy, eh?). Guarder makes an improved foregrip pin but IDK if it works. There are no other real "issues", per say, only quirks, like the two-stage trigger as opposed to fire selector and the mag catch. It just takes some getting used to and IMO the two-stage trigger is pretty awesome.

4. Which one would you pick?

If it were up to me, my first choice would be a JAC AUGA1 and second a CA AUGA1, I love the sleek look and the integral scope is pretty good (nice recticule, at the right magnification for all sorts of uses). The A2s top rail sort of ruins the sleek aesthetic by adding a big, flat knobby thing to such a streamlined rifle.

Either way, Classic Army, superior externally and internally (although the TM likely has a bettery hopup).

Thanks everybody. :)

Edited by Kavurcen

1. Not sure what to expect on price, I'm an adult with a decent job and I'm willing to spend what it takes to acquire a quality training tool.

2. First and foremost, this will be for training although I'm sure I'll enjoy it... Specifically, for self defense with a handgun.

3. On an officially designated training range.

4. Glocks are the most common. We may have a person wanting a 1911 style also. Basically, as I said, it's for pistol practice.

Just as much as "what specific gun", I'm wanting to know what's the best manufacturer. If it goes as well as I hope, I'll add a long gun or two to the collection.

Bulk discounts available on the recommended gun? I'll be trying to talk a bunch of people into going into this with me.

If this has already been answered in the previous 40 odd pages... I apologize, my schedule cramps my reading time.

1. Not sure what to expect on price, I'm an adult with a decent job and I'm willing to spend what it takes to acquire a quality training tool.

A good gas blowback pistol should run around 150.00 plus or minus 25.00

2. First and foremost, this will be for training although I'm sure I'll enjoy it... Specifically, for self defense with a handgun.

Gas blowbacks GBBs are good for this because you can get a realistic action.weight, and ammo capacity. KWA makes great GBBs that are designated personal training pistols PTPs

3. On an officially designated training range.

4. Glocks are the most common. We may have a person wanting a 1911 style also. Basically, as I said, it's for pistol practice.

Unfortunately Glock is not very airsoft friendly and has stopped the manufacture of their pistols. Glocks can still be found used but new ones are probably cheap imitations. If they can handle using a USP or M9 or 1911 you will have much more success finding them.

Just as much as "what specific gun", I'm wanting to know what's the best manufacturer. If it goes as well as I hope, I'll add a long gun or two to the collection.

If you want a great manufacturer with top reliability and a 45 day warranty go with KWA. Long gun or pistol you can't go wrong.

Bulk discounts available on the recommended gun? I'll be trying to talk a bunch of people into going into this with me.

If this has already been answered in the previous 40 odd pages... I apologize, my schedule cramps my reading time.

Training, unless it's specifically force-on-force, is a bad idea with any replica unless you're training to emulate dryfire drills. A good deal of realsteel shooting is learning how your weapon system behaves and how you need to use different techniques to operate it, plus a wide variety of other realsteel-unique situations to train for (I.e. clearing malfunctions). Airsoft doesn't provide this at all.

Training, unless it's specifically force-on-force, is a bad idea with any replica unless you're training to emulate dryfire drills. A good deal of realsteel shooting is learning how your weapon system behaves and how you need to use different techniques to operate it, plus a wide variety of other realsteel-unique situations to train for (I.e. clearing malfunctions). Airsoft doesn't provide this at all.

The class I've been hoping to take is "Force on Force" by Suarez International. It requires a GBB. I'm well aware of the dynamics needed with the (real) weapons and the only thing I can't train currently is the "getting shot at" scenario.

Thanks to all that replied.

So KWA is as reliable as can be expected? Any others that are comparable? I may be looking for a used gun or two. Not that $150 is a problem, it just made me die a little inside when I found out I can't get a new AirSoft Glock.

Guest Jatodude1
I have about $200, but I can push it up about $50 if necessary. I'd like an Mp5SD5, an M4 or M16 or maybe an L85/L86. I'm shopping off ASGI, so it should be in stock there.

Echo 1/JG Vector Arms RAS are pretty nice... It's nearing the end of airsoft season so why not wait a while and put in a little bit more? A G&G or Combat Machine would be pretty cool if you could get a spring upgrade for it. Try for $300. KWA M4 FTW :)

Echo 1/JG Vector Arms RAS are pretty nice... It's nearing the end of airsoft season so why not wait a while and put in a little bit more? A G&G or Combat Machine would be pretty cool if you could get a spring upgrade for it. Try for $300. KWA M4 FTW :)

I can push it up like I said. Is the Echo-1MP5SD6 Blowback any good? Any info on an ICS Sportsline M16a4?

Is TSD any good?

Edited by Kman1

TSD is a rebrander, ICS proline is wonderful haven't heard much about the sportline and the E1 is decent, but for 250 with the "tim" discount you can get a G&G proline

Edited by Mr.Z@p

Price Range- $270 max

Play Style-Assault

SCAR

Or Any Of These

I'd go with this, all because of the range, (price, and the gun's itself.)http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_83&products_id=6801

TSD is a rebrander, ICS proline is wonderful haven't heard much about the sportline and the E1 is decent, but for 250 with the "tim" discount you can get a G&G proline

Well, I have to buy a bit of gear for Skirmishes. With the Echo-1, it stays in my total price range of $500. (gear and all) Remember, it is my first, I just want something reliable, sturdy, and an M16a4. Uncoils get the Echo-1, TSD or ICS Sportline.

Well, I have to buy a bit of gear for Skirmishes. With the Echo-1, it stays in my total price range of $500. (gear and all) Remember, it is my first, I just want something reliable, sturdy, and an M16a4. Uncoils get the Echo-1, TSD or ICS Sportline.

I second the suggestion of the G&G M16A4, at $234 after discount. I know it's over your budget, the difference of $30 or so will be considerable, and distinctly worth it in the long run.