Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

The JG G36c is a great beginning weapon. The Echo 1 is a rebrand of the JG, it's a waste of money, don't get it. The TSD is just plain rubbish. If you use the discount code TIM on AirsoftGI, you can get a JG G36c and some G&G .2g BBs for under $125, and you get free shipping.

hey

how much difference in the range are we talking about between the K and C

Also I see some versions with the 3x scope. Is that advisable. Does the scope give way to Rail if removed ???

Thank You.

The C and the K will have very close if not identical range. Barrel length's effect on range and accuracy in airsoft is marginal. The scope in the scoped versions does not come off, but it does have a rail on top of it. I've heard mixed opinions on the quality of the 3x scope.

The C and the K will have very close if not identical range. Barrel length's effect on range and accuracy in airsoft is marginal. The scope in the scoped versions does not come off, but it does have a rail on top of it. I've heard mixed opinions on the quality of the 3x scope.

hey,

ASGI is out of stock of most good guns.

I had read a thread or two (the more recent ones) anout other websites.

Can u suggest or reedirect????

Thank You.

There have been some issues with Chinese production for the past few months, the stock of Chinese clones is just starting to filter back. It is still in stock here, though you can't double up coupon codes there so you'll need to go a bit over your budget to get some good BBs.

So.....

After digging and searching and reading and learning, I've about driven myself bananas. Everytime I think I've made a decision, I convince myself that "well, for *just* another $30, I can have *this*". And since I'm not even married to a specific form factor, there are a TON of possibilities.

I still like the JG G36c suggested here. BUT. I've been looking at the M4 platform and the upgradability/availability of parts. I've even worked myself up to looking at this

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6235

which is the G&G Raider BB with the tightbore barrel

Is that truly worth the upgrade expense over this:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3517

which is the G&G plastica ($40 less)?

AND

back to the G36 for a moment - I can get the JG setup for cheap and upgrade, which I'm comfortable with, but I found a KWA used for $150 - problem is, I can't verify the actual level of use it has seen. Is it smarter to get a much better, but used, gun or a brand new, but of inferior quality, gun? If a higher-quality gun has double the life of a cheap one, buying it used might see me going the same route as a new cheap one - I'll just be replacing parts instead of upgrading them.

I realize that the M4 vs. G36 is as much a style and personal preference thing as anything else, but I'm likely going to buy 2 guns - one for me, one for my wife. I've been looking at MP5's for her just because she's 5 foot tall and I think she'll do better with a sub-style as long as it has decent range. Is the G36 foregrip and overall size going to be overkill for her? I might get one of the G&G's for me and play around with a G36 I get for her. Or an MP5. Or a UMP. But if I get her the same platform I get, then we can share mags and equipment in the field.

Add to that - I work with several other people who are looking at getting into airsoft and they're looking to me to make a purchase decision to see if they'll get the same/similar gun so that we can play together and share/test equipment together.

Hell, I don't know. I just need to make a decision so I can get out there and shoot the hell out of things...

Edited by nopants

nopants--I don't believe the Raider has a tightbore barrel. The "Raider" series is an extension of the Combat Machine blowback series. G&G started supplying ASGI with CMbbs with crane stocks, and after the G4 series took off, I believe G&G saw the potential. Now it's true that CMbbs used to come with a tbb, but everything we've heard recently is that current production does not.

Fundamentally, the difference between a $170 CMbb and the Raider is the crane stock and the rail system on the latter.

The differences between either of those and a $170 Plastica is a little trickier: obviously no blowback, some better externals (outer barrel and front sight) and some differences in internals. There are detailed threads about this.

If you get a gun with the battery stored in the handguards, later, when you want to install rails, it makes it a good deal more difficult. Balance-wise too, I think batteries are generally better at the back. So I tend to recommend full stocks and crane stocks. Plastica has a R4 model that is M4 length w/ full stock, for instance.

The other thing to look at is the G4 series. Here are a couple of examples.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6438

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6939

There have been very occasional reports of the ASGI techs kludging these together too fast, but ASGI sells a lot of these. If a certain model is in stock and has on it what you want (they're all CMbbs under the skin), they can be a cost-effective option.

hey,

which is the best G36C or G36K out there under 170

There is the JG which is unavailable on most trusted websites. However out of stock for quite sometime now.

There is some JG/Matrix with reinforced gearbox on evike. which is here

There is also the Echo1 version which is essentially the JG but with work done and with a warranty. People advise against Echo1, but I feel if it is an enhanced JG with a warranty, how wrong can it go???

Also there is the TSD(SRC) which is the most expensive in this price bracket. here

I would really like an opinion on these or if someone knows a reliable site where I can purchase the JG please let me know.

Thank You.

Edited by airsoftnoob1

That "Matrix" is basically the same as the normal JG and definitely has good value for your money. However, if you can stretch your price range a bit more, I recently saw a G36c made by KWA, a very solid gun with great stock performance for $210 IIRC nearly brand new in the "for sale" forum here, you could probably find it if you looked enough. The highest in the price bracket would be a Third Generation SRC/TSD G36 from OnTarget Airsoft, which is the only SRC that's worth your money, however it's over $270.

Edited by Kavurcen

There is some JG/Matrix with reinforced gearbox on evike. which is here

Yes, you have to become familiar with how to "read through" Evike's product listings. Matrix is one of their made-up names. The gun you listed is a JG. "Reinforced gearbox" is meaningless--basically, they just mean it's a v. 3 gearbox. Evike advertises a lot of guns as "special edition" or "limited edition" or "custom" which are patently just regular products. AirsoftMegastore specializes in gee-whiz "Enhanced for 2010" products... meaning they are from the most recent production run. Anyway, that's the JG G36c, pure and simple.

Other than a used bargain, as Kav says, the next price level is the SRC Gen III. http://ontargetairsoft.com/store/index.php...products_id=205 But once you're at $240, you might as well pop $270 for the KWA ($300 before discount), unless you can find it second hand.

hey,

Thank You Kav and Versi.....

I have bumped up my budget to 300$ for a G36 including batteries and a charger and safety glasses.

Please tell me the best options available.

I saw it for about 260 on ASGI exclusive of those things. But I dunno which batteries fit in.

Thank You.

Edited by airsoftnoob1

TM Hi Capa 5.1 or Tm 1911a1/Meu?

I'm a moderately experienced airsofter (not a Newbie) and was wondering whether I should trade my Tm 5.1 for a TM 1911 series gun.

I like the performance of the 5.1, with its high accuracy and fps, along with its loud retort, but don't like the appearance, and weak, snappy blowback. I also find it uncomfortable to hold, unlike a 1911 series gun. Magazine size doesn't really matter to me.

I have done some research, but can't find specifically which is more fitting for me.

So, which should I get/use?

Also, are TM Meu and 1911a1 magazines comaptible?

Thanks,

TacticalHijack

hey

thanks. how about the KWA which sells for 270 (ASGI discount)

or the TM which sells around 250

or the Ares which sells for around 270

are they better then the SRC u suggested

I know bumps up my budget but 325 is OK I guess

Thank You.

If you have the money for the KWA, then by all means, get it, it's the best G36 model on the market.

hey

thanks. how about the KWA which sells for 270 (ASGI discount)

or the TM which sells around 250

or the Ares which sells for around 270

are they better then the SRC u suggested

I know bumps up my budget but 325 is OK I guess

Thank You.

IMO, SRC Gen 3 = KWA > Ares > CA > TM > SRC Gen 2 = JG

The SRC G3 is more expensive than the KWA but supposedly has better externals.

TM Hi Capa 5.1 or Tm 1911a1/Meu?

I'm a moderately experienced airsofter (not a Newbie) and was wondering whether I should trade my Tm 5.1 for a TM 1911 series gun.

I like the performance of the 5.1, with its high accuracy and fps, along with its loud retort, but don't like the appearance, and weak, snappy blowback. I also find it uncomfortable to hold, unlike a 1911 series gun. Magazine size doesn't really matter to me.

I have done some research, but can't find specifically which is more fitting for me.

So, which should I get/use?

Also, are TM Meu and 1911a1 magazines comaptible?

Thanks,

TacticalHijack

Well, if mag size doesn't matter to you go with the MEU or 1911a1, any of the single-stack TM 1911 series pistols are great. And yes, both share magazine compatibility, and are also compatible with KJW or WE magazines, although I don't recommend either.

If you have the money for the KWA, then by all means, get it, it's the best G36 model on the market.

It is quite good, some have argued that the SRC 3rd Generation or even the Ares beat it (not internally on the latter, obviously).

Back with a pistol question:

Looking for a backup; pretty much set on an M4 variant (the G4 I want from airsoftgi is on pre-order but I've seen some classified posts that are tempting me while I wait) as a primary. For style alone, I like these two:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=31322 - WE CQB Master (5.1)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=5738 - KJW/Cybergun Sig P226

I've read good and bad things about the hi-capa (it's at least popular) and mostly positive about the all-metal P226. I am pretty settled on a GBB but I'm open to other suggestions than the two above.

Opinions on those and why I should get one of them vs. something else?

I'm not a fan of the glock look - they're plastiky looking as both 9mm and 6mm to me. I am also not a fan of the Beretta style - I surprised myself by liking the Hi-Capa enough to consider it, since I was pretty much decided on the P226. Not really interested in paying much more than $150 for the pistol with 2 mags. The CQB leaves me enough budget to actually get a holster and stay in budget - one of the reasons I like it...

I'm also in like with the 4.3 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1606 but I've read that the internals of the WE pistols with full metal slides aren't as efficient as the P226 so the slide won't cycle after a half-mag.

I will be using propane on these, btw.

Edited by nopants

KWA G36C is being discontinued, the ones for sale at airsoftgi are the "last batch," and once those are gone you aren't gonna get another one. H&K sued them for trademark purposes, stupid, I know.

Which brings me to my question between KWA and CA, two great companies. So should I get the KWA SR5 2GX, or a CA x series rifle? Right now I'm leaning towards KWA because they are a more cost effective company than CA, and because I've heard very little bad about the 2GX guns.

But I've also heard tremendous ish about the Classic army as well, please help.

KWA G36C is being discontinued, the ones for sale at airsoftgi are the "last batch," and once those are gone you aren't gonna get another one. H&K sued them for trademark purposes, stupid, I know.

Which brings me to my question between KWA and CA, two great companies. So should I get the KWA SR5 2GX, or a CA x series rifle? Right now I'm leaning towards KWA because they are a more cost effective company than CA, and because I've heard very little bad about the 2GX guns.

But I've also heard tremendous ish about the Classic army as well, please help.

KWA. It's not that CA is bad, I just think that KWA is better. The only problem with KWA is that some mags don't like the guns. But, other than that, the KWA has no problems.

KWA. It's not that CA is bad, I just think that KWA is better. The only problem with KWA is that some mags don't like the guns. But, other than that, the KWA has no problems.

Yeah thanks, and I heard that the guns were picky with the mags. Like some MAG brand midcaps work perfectly and others don't even fit. If I got the SR5 I would most likely get midcaps, maybe take a chance on the MAG ones or the P-MAGS. :a-confused:

Hey ASF,

I'll be buying my first guy in the coming week. Here is my information in accordance to the instructions of this post:

1. Probably around $300. I'm not looking to upgrade anything at this point since I don't have the experience to know what my playstyle will dictate, and so I'd like to spend all that on a solid gun.

2. I'm a pretty competitive and excitable person, so I assume I'd be "assault", do a lot of pushing, hoping to catch people off guard. I'd like to run quickly to a good spot, then ambush people.

3. I'll be playing mostly in a field, probably not in a warehouse or in CQB.

4. I definitely want my airsoft gun to feel and look like the real thing. This is ALMOST more important to me than functionality. But then my competitive side kicks in.

Side Note: I'll be playing mostly with friends, often in makeshift airsoft fields. This will be the only gun I buy for at least a year.

Thanks!

<AT>twitchlove if you want a great gun with no need to upgrade go for the KWA m4a1 2gx from Airsoft Outlet NW.

They have free shipping, are a respected sponsor of the forum, and double the manufacturer warranty. (KWA has 45day warranty so you will get 90 days total)

And...they also will send you a quality 9.6V nunchuck battery for free with the gun!

So it is 295.00 total including shipping with a free battery for a gun that is great for a beginner and will grow with you as you get better. You really can't go wrong with a KWA, they have some of the best internals in the business and are solidly built as well!

Hello, I am looking at getting an MP5.

1. $300

2. I already have an AR, and after this I plan of getting a M14 so this doesnt matter, just a great MP5, usable for cqb.

3. All

4. Real steel, SD series is nice. Here are the ones I was looking at getting, from top to bottom like the most to like.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4236

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6628

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=7082

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1467

Thank you.

is the KSC Glock 19 a good choice for a first gun?

use: movie (blowback is important), glock look and small hobby fights with friends

cost: around under NOK 1000 (170 $)

I wouldnt use a pistol (even an auto one) as a primary due to their reloading pains, but thats just me. As well as they will not have the performance of a AR.

BTW guys my gun question is still above :a-thumbsup:

...Are you a paid Airsoft Outlet NW advertisement monkey, or just a super hardcore fanboy?

LOL Kavurcen, just got a KWA sr10 from them and for the same price they added a 9.6 1400mah nunchuck. That makes me want to let people know because you usually have to include about 30 extra for a battery. So if someones lookin for a kwa g36 and airsoft gi is out of stock, why not pay the same and get a battery and double warranty? If that makes me a fanboy, so be it. BTW your quotes were priceless albeit libelous at the same time. Bravo.

BUT WAIT!

KAVURCEN SAYS IN HIS SIG..... BUY/TRADE FOR MY YUGIOH STUFF

LOL WHO SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED BY WHAT THEY SAY? YOU ARE CALLING ME OUT FOR RECOMMENDING A SPONSOR BUT YOU ARE RECOMMENDING THEY BUY YOUR YUGIYOH STUFF? WHAT STUFF? COSTUMES, A SLEEPING BAG? A BLANKIE? LOL? I guess wee are even.

Edited by Anachro12

Hello, I am looking at getting an MP5.

I'd go with ICS, they're supposed to make the best MP5 series out there.

is the KSC Glock 19 a good choice for a first gun?

use: movie (blowback is important), glock look and small hobby fights with friends

cost: around under NOK 1000 (170 $)

Definitely, I own one and it's a great performer, lasts forever if you take care of it and looks dead sexy too :D

Also, wtf did I just read? (@ last post)

I'd go with ICS, they're supposed to make the best MP5 series out there.

Definitely, I own one and it's a great performer, lasts forever if you take care of it and looks dead sexy too :D

Also, wtf did I just read? (@ last post)

SWEEET :a-grin: thats the one I wanted. But as far as ICS goes, I want the MP5 SD6 but the battery space I would think would be small, what is the biggest battery that can fit in there? and same question for the MP5 SD5, I know a large type 8.4 can fit, but can a large type 9.6? Btw these guns can handle 9.6's stock perfectly fine right?

I'm not sure, I'd look into 7.4v lipos, same voltage level (or higher) than a 9.6v in the space of an 8.4v or smaller.

Good call good call

I have no idea where to order it from :a-confused: both evike and asgi are out of stock. Only other options are listed below, and none are amazing... Also I have no idea the differences between some of them, 3 different names. Can someone tell me the differences, if any? This is my last question btw thank you soo much :a-grin:

Name 1:

http://www.airsofttitan.com/era004.html

http://www.boomingisland.com/showproduct.a...tractable-stock

http://www.gamesfantasy.com/era004.html

Name 2:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERA-AE-MP5SD6-V.htm

Name 3:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-ICS-MP5SD6-2.htm

Also I found 2 batteries that will fit, listed below. Only difference is mah. It can run any of these two batteries without breaking right?

http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/produ...unchuck-2n.aspx

http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/produ...ry-pack-2n.aspx

I know elite makes great batteries, although I'm not sure about their lipo's, as I have heard nothing of them. Would you suggest a different brand?

Thanks!

Edited by hmg9194

hey guys,I'm back with another question.

The two guns are either the:

A&K ACR

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6044

Or the MagPul MASADA

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6859

I've held the ACR,and I've fallen in love with it.Therefore these are my only two options.The PTS is more expensive,but has a quick change feature which I really like.On the other hand,I'd end up replacing the stock with an ACR stock.I play CQB and woodland games,so the FPS will be low(lighter bb's),but if I upgrade the accuracy,will it matter?I plan to put a mock supressor and M16 length TBB in it for woodland games.The external build quality doesn't matter,because the A&K has excellent externals already,IMO.I'm leaning towards getting the ACR right now though.

I also have Revision Eyewear "Desert Locust" goggles,and the manual says:

"The Desert Locust Goggle meets the following standards:ANSI Z87.1, MIL-V-43511C(clause 3.5.10), EN 166, EN 170, and EN 172"

But also says

"3. Do not use this eyewear for paintball, airsoft or simulation training. Impact from a paintball or similar training ammunition can cause permanent damage to your eyes even if you are wearing this eyewear"

So should I use them?Or just buy some FlakJaks?

Edited by ThatGuyOutsideYourWindow

I'd run with the ACR, the masada is twice the price of a HPEG for the performance of a MPEG.

Also, Kavie, I believe he's mad at you for being an autherized seller.

Edited by Mr.Z@p

Good call good call

I have no idea where to order it from :a-confused: both evike and asgi are out of stock. Only other options are listed below, and none are amazing... Also I have no idea the differences between some of them, 3 different names. Can someone tell me the differences, if any? This is my last question btw thank you soo much :a-grin:

Name 1:

http://www.airsofttitan.com/era004.html

http://www.boomingisland.com/showproduct.a...tractable-stock

http://www.gamesfantasy.com/era004.html

Name 2:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERA-AE-MP5SD6-V.htm

Name 3:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-ICS-MP5SD6-2.htm

Also I found 2 batteries that will fit, listed below. Only difference is mah. It can run any of these two batteries without breaking right?

http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/produ...unchuck-2n.aspx

http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/produ...ry-pack-2n.aspx

I know elite makes great batteries, although I'm not sure about their lipo's, as I have heard nothing of them. Would you suggest a different brand?

Thanks!

I'd try to keep googling, since whatever that island place is and Airsplat are far from ideal.

I love Elite's nickel metahydrate batteries, and since even Chinese lipos bought overseas from iffy retailers usually turn out well, I can't see any Elite batteries, even lipos as being anything short of their reputation. I wouldn't worry about it, if it fits it would work great. And yeah, a stock ICS gun should be able to take a 7.4v battery with no issues.

hey guys,I'm back with another question.

The two guns are either the:

A&K ACR

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6044

Or the MagPul MASADA

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6859

I've held the ACR,and I've fallen in love with it.Therefore these are my only two options.The PTS is more expensive,but has a quick change feature which I really like.On the other hand,I'd end up replacing the stock with an ACR stock.I play CQB and woodland games,so the FPS will be low(lighter bb's),but if I upgrade the accuracy,will it matter?I plan to put a mock supressor and M16 length TBB in it for woodland games.The external build quality doesn't matter,because the A&K has excellent externals already,IMO.I'm leaning towards getting the ACR right now though.

I also have Revision Eyewear "Desert Locust" goggles,and the manual says:

"The Desert Locust Goggle meets the following standards:ANSI Z87.1, MIL-V-43511C(clause 3.5.10), EN 166, EN 170, and EN 172"

But also says

"3. Do not use this eyewear for paintball, airsoft or simulation training. Impact from a paintball or similar training ammunition can cause permanent damage to your eyes even if you are wearing this eyewear"

So should I use them?Or just buy some FlakJaks?

Like a lot of World War 2 replica guns, the Shrubmasteraceyaremasadawhatever the hell it's called these days is pretty much a novelty item as opposed to something you can actually use and abuse on a regular basis. But if you have to have one, the golden rule of airsoft, with a few notable exceptions, is you get what you pay for. I'd go with the PTS.

Hi I'm kinda new to this forum(and also to airsoft... true newbie) so sorry in advance for 'mistakes' :a-embarassed: . Anyways I was wondering in a little list that I made of which of these guns should I take:

-King Arms SIG 556 HOLO

-Ares SCAR-L(with out the grenade launcher due to budget :a-angry:)

-Umarex G36k

-Ares TAVOR TAR-21 Rail Version(DE)

And about my role I'm sorta a jack-of-all-trades not to decieded yet, well I could do some support as well as assault and recon, my budget range is restricted up to 450$.

Thanks in advance for your help :a-grin: .