Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

Unless you're playing exclusively CQB, don't get the SR5. But why not compromise, and get the M4 RIS?

Thanks for the opinion on the SR5, and I had considered the M4 RIS but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have flip up sights and I also heard that the ris wobbles because it's a 2 piece RIS unlike the SR series...or am I mistaken?

Hmm, so, basically, spring guns are sh*t? What guns would you normally recommend for a Newbie? (sorry if that's really vague, lol) I heard some good things about the TSD M1014, although I know it's not going to be as good as an AEG or a more expensive shotgun.

nah I wouldnt say all of them are and if you want a starter AEG look at some of the CYMA's like the CM.028 cheap ak reliable and yea the TSD m1014 is one of those better spring guns but all spring guns wont last as long as a higher dollar aeg I mean even 100$ should last you a quite long period of time if you treat it right and just because the crosman R73 is 70$ doesnt mean it comes anywhere near the performance of a cyma my friend had one of those and I swear that lasted him like 2 months and battery and the mag and the hop up all crapped out on him and he only put about 1000 rounds thru it so just to let u know crosman is cheap and if u buy the 70$ R73 ur pretty much out 70$

Edited by sora4502

Thanks for the opinion on the SR5, and I had considered the M4 RIS but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have flip up sights and I also heard that the ris wobbles because it's a 2 piece RIS unlike the SR series...or am I mistaken?

So long as everything is tightened down properly I don't think there should be any wobble. You might try lurking around the KWA technical forums on KWA's own website and see what people are saying about the RIS.

The M4 CQB is tuned down to meet fps limits at CQB fields. As is the SR5. The SR7 is tuned down a little less. Definitely 7 over 5. Starting with the M4A1 on up, everything is at full strength

Hey guys, good ol' Newbie here. Just looking for an opinion between AK47 and the M16, or M4, I like the M-whatever, but I'll remove the iron sights. Anyway, I live in Canada, where I can get airsoft guns with NO RESTRICTION AT ALL. Hm, turns out I can't put sarcasm into text. That sucks.

So, I can get either of those, I like 'em both. My budget is...well, I don't have one. I can't buy for another 4 years, just figured I'd get an opinion early, then just kinda...drool over them.

I've owned 1 AEG, a Crosman. Honestly, I liked it. Stupid thing super-jammed after like 3000 BBs. Couldn't get the inner barrel back in properly,...eh, don't care, only like $130 lol.

Anyway, thanks guys!

P.S., please don't say 'wait till you're 18', I've already been annoyed all to hell, and was stupid due to that, on ASC. I'm not buying 'till I'm legal, so, just please don't. You guys all seem helpful, so thanks in advance.

Edited by JamesTB14

Hey guys, good ol' Newbie here. Just looking for an opinion between AK47 and the M16, or M4, I like the M-whatever, but I'll remove the iron sights. Anyway, I live in Canada, where I can get airsoft guns with NO RESTRICTION AT ALL. Hm, turns out I can't put sarcasm into text. That sucks.

So, I can get either of those, I like 'em both. My budget is...well, I don't have one. I can't buy for another 4 years, just figured I'd get an opinion early, then just kinda...drool over them.

I've owned 1 AEG, a Crosman. Honestly, I liked it. Stupid thing super-jammed after like 3000 BBs. Couldn't get the inner barrel back in properly,...eh, don't care, only like $130 lol.

Anyway, thanks guys!

P.S., please don't say 'wait till you're 18', I've already been annoyed all to hell, and was stupid due to that, on ASC. I'm not buying 'till I'm legal, so, just please don't. You guys all seem helpful, so thanks in advance.

we ain't gonna give you that wait till your 18 bs unless u act real immature and since ur in canada I can't really recommend any airsoft stores but I can recommend actual guns. if you want an AK look for a cm.028 or Cyma ak great beginner ak 47 and for an m4 or m16 go with a G&G combat machine cheap guns but good for starters I would recommend trying airsoftgi.com but I am not positive if they ship to canada or not but hey its worth a shot to try

Edited by sora4502

we ain't gonna give you that wait till your 18 bs unless u act real immature and since ur in canada I can't really recommend any airsoft stores but I can recommend actual guns. if you want an AK look for a cm.028 or Cyma ak great beginner ak 47 and for an m4 or m16 go with a G&G combat machine cheap guns but good for starters I would recommend trying airsoftgi.com but I am not positive if they ship to canada or not but hey its worth a shot to try

Thanks sora, good to know. I've seen a lot of Cyma and G&G Armaments around the internet, but I don't know. They look and sound fine, but like you said, Canada, eh?

If you checked the links, there was Chixairsoft in there. Found them through ASC, they look good...well the guns, the 'models' are kinda....euuughhhh.

Thanks for the quick help.

Thanks sora, good to know. I've seen a lot of Cyma and G&G Armaments around the internet, but I don't know. They look and sound fine, but like you said, Canada, eh?

If you checked the links, there was Chixairsoft in there. Found them through ASC, they look good...well the guns, the 'models' are kinda....euuughhhh.

Thanks for the quick help.

No problem dude I just hope you find yourself a good store to buy from and I've never purchased from Chixairsoft and I know absolutely nothing about them. One thing you could do is if you have any relatives in America that you trust you could give them the money to buy the gun and then have them send it to Canada and if you do that just make sure you tell the relative exactly what to do.

edit: Also do you have any airsoft stores near your house?

Edited by sora4502

No relatives in America :(, would be nice though. And no stores around here that I know of, airsoft is so in the grey in the law in Ontario and Canada, it's difficult to do anything, cause there's people saying you can't do that, there's others saying there's nothing wrong. It's difficult.

And versimilitude, I've heard alot of crap slung at 007airsoft, I'll check 'em out, but still not too sure.

Thread revival FTW.

Looking for a longer range gun. Like my MP5, but it's are a low 300ish FPS and a good RoF, so I'm keeping it there.

I want a longer barreled gun, that I can bring up to ~400 fps. We play mostly in field and woods, usually inside 100ft engagement distances.

Less then 200 dollars, not counting coupon codes.

Available new

NOT an Armalite or AK. Way too overused, urgh.

Not too picky on type other then that. I don't mind a bit of a project gun, but no complete crap.

I would get the Cyma M14, but majorly turned off by the weird gearbox, part incompatibility, etc.

Yes, but that gives all kind of crap. I mean I'd get some good results, obviously, but you also throw in crap that's not worth 10 dollars.

I know kind of what their is. The usual suspects, G&G CM M4's, JG G36, Cyma, KS P90. Just looking for something I haven't seen, or something I'm just forgetting about.

On that note (and yes, I will do a forum search as well), what would one need to convert a JG G36c into a K length? Less CQB, more field.

If you're talking about the $350+ KWA SR series... then yes. It's mainly just plain Armalites, with like the carry handle and round handguard (not sure specific model) that I find overused and boring. SR10's look good, if expensive, and I like HK416's.

Because I am a moron I'll post this here. I'm new to airsoft and I need some advice on purchasing a sniper rifle. I'm looking for a decent one within the $200 range and I was wondering if anyone could help find a place near my hometown to play airsoft, I live in San Pedro, CA(L.A. County).

Because I am a moron I'll post this here. I'm new to airsoft and I need some advice on purchasing a sniper rifle. I'm looking for a decent one within the $200 range and I was wondering if anyone could help find a place near my hometown to play airsoft, I live in San Pedro, CA(L.A. County).

Ok, I'm a Newbie, but I know this, everyone wants to snipe when they start. EVERYONE. Now, you might actually be the person that can actually snipe, and well. So, after you've made SURE sniping is what you wanna do, check out this gun or maybe this beauty , OR, for a little bit more intimidation, the classic M14!!.

Anyway, just my random advice,

Hi from Canada!

Edited by JamesTB14

I am also a new player and I'm very sure that I want to start with sniping/recon. I'm not looking for constant or even hardly any action. I prefer taking things slow, and reconning an area and relaying information back to my team while staying completely concealed. I would honestly not be dissapointed to not fire a single shot for most of the game if I help my team win (although tactically eliminating people with a rifle would be fun).

I have heard people having a lot of trouble with the pin falling out when pulling the bolt back with the mk96 guns, is this still a problem? If the pin doesn't fall out that gun would be my top choice as I love the aesthetics of it.

Edit:

So in conclusion my price range is nothing over 150 dollars unless it comes with a scope and or tripod straight out of the box. And I'm looking for something that will be durable and shoot accurately. (mk96 preferred if the pin issue is sorted, I suppose I could look at m24 variants if not. Probably a no on Dragunov variants due to the fact I'd prefer bolt action)

Also any opinions on the echo 1 advanced sniper rifle? Seems a good deal but I'm not sure if the pistol grip would work well for recon http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6572

Edited by Prole gone prone

Edit:

So in conclusion my price range is nothing over 150 dollars unless it comes with a scope and or tripod straight out of the box. And I'm looking for something that will be durable and shoot accurately. (mk96 preferred if the pin issue is sorted, I suppose I could look at m24 variants if not. Probably a no on Dragunov variants due to the fact I'd prefer bolt action)

Also any opinions on the echo 1 advanced sniper rifle? Seems a good deal but I'm not sure if the pistol grip would work well for recon http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6572

Ok, one thing I've learned so far, you can probably get a nice pistol for about $80, a good AEG for about $300-ish, and almost no rifles for under $200. Now, given that, the Echo 1 ASR, umm, it has a scope in the picture, but a couple comments say it didn't come with a scope. The package picture shows extra magazines and a bipod, no scope...I don't know about that one, but the pistol grip sohuldn't change much for 'recon'. Also, you don't want a tripod, you want a bipod. Actually, for someone who'll be moving around a lot, you don't want any stand, it'll make htings harder. Plus, a sniper doesn't usually do recon, usually a sniper...snipes. Recon would be someone who's quiet, and can move quickly.

Good luck,

Edit: What am I saying? Reconnaisance would be very difficult in an airsoft war, for anyone.

Edited by JamesTB14

" Product does not include scope. " - It say clearly it does not come with a scope. But it does include 3 magizines, and a Bi-pod.

$150 is not alot for a sniper. But I reccomend getting the Echo1, A Madbull Tight bore barrel, and a Scope or iron sights. Good Luck! And have fun sniping!

Why are we discussing sniper rifles, we were on the subject of why not to use a sniper rifle to begin, look into some AEGs.

As for the man who's willing to get zero action (believe me, your role won't dissapoint you on that) check out the UTG L96s, the ASRs have been known to have some terrible accuracy, and bad trigger box problems. The pin problem isn't a big deal it was hard for me to make mine fall out, know that with this role you will be dishing out well over $300, minimum.

good recomendation for a child training rifle? would prefer sporter styling (if out there), open sights, single shot (repeater), easier to cycle, small scale, and reasonable weight. kids are 7-11. easy to spend 30-50 maybe up to 100 if the quality is worth it. don't really care about fps, but should be accurate enough to go where you aim it, and durable enough to stand up to kids. is 1" groups at 25 ft reasonable for airsoft?

Edited by geronimotwo

I'm trying to get my little group of guys started on this airsoft thing. We're probably all going to get the same gun or something very similar, so I figured talking to the experts would be a good idea before we order ~20 of something.

What I'm looking for:

• As close to an actual M16A2 as possible in weight (~8 lbs), durability (like a rock) and trigger behavior. (semi-auto is a must)

Iron sights that outright duplicate the M16A2's.

Has no problems with bio-BBs.

Relatively high accuracy. Inside 50 feet it should be hitting whatever it's pointed at 100% of the time. Inside 100 feet, it should be darn close. (Is there an actual performance difference between 'sniper' rifles and standard ones, or just look&feel?)

Cost is in there too, but it's a secondary factor.

Things that aren't important:

• Color

Duplicating internals (I want it to carry like an M16, not mimic it)

metal content (though the sights, if possible, should be spot-on)

magazine size

battery vs gas (single-shot spring loaded is bad, but anything that will let me fire ~200 rounds with no more than a mag change is just fine)

Any ideas about where to start looking for a good rifle?

edit: oh...and just for myself, what's a REALLY good sniper rifle, and how far could I reach out and touch someone?

Edited by Sandboy

Thanks for the quick lead! What sort of accuracy and range would I be looking at with this gun?

With a new bucking and nub ($15), and good quality .25 bbs, 100'+ very accurate, at least 150' range.

Add in a new inner barrel (6.03 tight-bore) (~$35) for even better performance.

Edited by verisimilitude

Not knowing any better or that I would wanna get into airsoft (and since I'm a total Newbie), I purchased this.

http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringM16A4Assaul...eStockYIKA.html

It comes in wednesday. After reading up on this forum and learning a bit about the guns, I don't even know if the thing will shoot past a few feet lol it's a spring, no brand name on there, or stats, the online advisor said 300-350 fps. Not confident that will be true lol. Regardless I wanna go have my first skirmish at the end of the next week. Before I purchase an AEG I wanna have a skirmish or 2 under my belt. Will they even let me use that thing above? lol (not to mention it looks like an M4 rather then an M16). Ok well, here we go.

Price Range: I don't wanna go crazy and blow $200 on a gun off the bat, a dude got alot of bills lol. I want something ok and cheap, something that'll do the job. Lets say low $100s and work from there, if somehow someway theres something cheaper then I'll take it!

Play Style: I've never played, but I know what my style will be. At the start I could be a support guy, I like being in the action, not way in the back. But I'd like to be smart and move stealthy. Some sort of assault role that communicates and likes to be tactical, not the "Rambo" kind of assault lol.

Play Area: Well I found where I'm going to be playing at. The place closest to north Jersey that I found is this.

http://www.gfairsoftarena.com/ . The indoor is real tight CQC with these wooden walls set up with windows in em with a few open space hallways where you can shoot at someone across the room. Their outdoor has alot of trees, basically a woodland kind of area. So I wanna be able to participate in both, a gun that doesn't necessarily shoot far, but can hit something midrange I guess. The indoor area FPS limit is 350 just to keep that in mind.

Style Preference: Since I stated I want something cheap that works, the outside doesn't have to be metal or anything really crazy. Just something that can take a fall, I'm good at taking care of stuff. I was always more an AR kind of guy, not really an SMG or LMG kind of guy. My fav are the M16/M4 styles, don't really like AK's look but I know I have to keep my options open since I'm not blowing alot of money. I prefer something all black. Something Semi-auto, would be nice if you can switch the firing mode from semi to auto. Thanks alot!!

This will be your best bet. Cyma CM028+folding stock.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1485

With all the deals going on, coupon codes, etc., it'll end up close to $100. The folding stock will enable you to use it equally well for CQB and woodland.

This will be your best bet. Cyma CM028+folding stock.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1485

With all the deals going on, coupon codes, etc., it'll end up close to $100. The folding stock will enable you to use it equally well for CQB and woodland.

Yea someone else had recommended the CM028. Thanks alot, from looking through airsoftgi and evike there doesnt seem to be any M4s or M16s below 130, which is what I really would want. But Ill keep that suggestion into heavy consideration, it looks solid and has great reviews.

I am looking for a GBB pistol with a budget of around $180 as a sidearm to my sniper. I need the pistol to be reliable and maybe have full auto or burst firing modes for CQB. I play in a field with lots of trees and foresty areas. I don't care what model the gun replicates but I am a bit partial to 1911s. Thanks!

I am looking for a GBB pistol with a budget of around $180 as a sidearm to my sniper. I need the pistol to be reliable and maybe have full auto or burst firing modes for CQB. I play in a field with lots of trees and foresty areas. I don't care what model the gun replicates but I am a bit partial to 1911s. Thanks!

Try this one. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4560

I had actually seen that gun but I think that $40 for a mag is kind of expensive on the gun that isn't cheap either. I was looking at this too: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3789

I figured it would be a cheaper cost and I could get another mag or two. And since that gun includes a gas and CO2 mag, which one should I use if I purchased it.

Hi all. Not exactly a which gun question, but here goes. I saw a post on these forums with these recommendations, and was just wondering what people thought of it.

To start, buy a G&G AK-47: $156

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5592

And a custom 5000 mah 9.6v battery with elite cells, 14 awg wiring and large female tamiya connector: $54

http://cheapbatterypacks.com/?menu=4B894B9856&sid=690357

hi cap mag $28

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2854

Gun bag: $20

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=7401

Total to start: $260-290 maybe a little more with shipping

Upgrades (in order):

Upgrade 1: $18

Systema bucking: $12

SCS nub: $6

This will give you greater range.

Upgrade 2: $40

G&P 120 motor (short type)

This will give you a faster rate of fire.

Upgrade 3: $65

Prometheus 6.03mm tightbore barrel

This will give you greater accuracy, range and a small fps boost.

Upgrade 4: $75

Picatinny rail handguard: $25

Red dot sight: $30

Foregrip: $20

This will give you fast target acquisition and a tactical look.

Upgrade 5: $70

Super high speed gears: $40

MOSFET: $30

This will give you an even faster rate of fire and trigger response time.

Grand total: $558. I spent more than that, and my gun is not even this good. Other airsofters will envy you because they dropped $300 on their KWA M4 alone, and it doesn't have all the great stuff you put into your AK.

Does this ak come with rails, or a place to attach them to?

My Budget is ~300, though I am willing to go up to 350 for a gun bag, extra battery, extra mag, gun.

NOTE: I already have an e1 g36c, and am looking for something better. Please feel free to recommend different things.

Thank you!

Edited by Frenzy