Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

Upgrade 1: $18

Systema bucking: $12

SCS nub: $6

This will give you greater range.

Upgrade 2: $40

G&P 120 motor (short type)

This will give you a faster rate of fire.

I believe that this is a little over 300 dollars, but it should serve your purposes as the original poster intended. I believe that the reason they separated it into various upgrade times (?) is for exactly this.

Then what would you recommend I do with my $300-350 budget?

I play mostly woods. (cqb is covered by my g36c)

Is this gun worth it, and would the battery, upgrades, etc listed above work with this one? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3030

If there are other recommendations I do not care too much about model, but I would prefer large battery capacity and I would want it to last a long time.

Thanks again.

Edited by Frenzy

TM M16, it'll last as long as you don't touch it and M16's have the largest battery compartment of any airsoft guns.

I think I would rather have the somewhat shorter gun of the ak I linked, but is it worth the money, or is there another gun I should look at? I would like it to be effective stock, though readily upgradeable, and the ak seems, at least ostensibly, to suit these needs. Am I wrong in this thinking?

Edited by Frenzy

Ill use the format in the OP

1. Price Range

I would prefer to cut it off at 400 though 300 and below would be best. My paintball gun was 1700 so Im willing to spend some cash on a decent piece, even if I have to save a while.

2. Play Style

I would say run n gun, close up. So less weight equals speed. Thats been my play style in speed ball so I imagine it will translate just fine. I like to always push for new angles and Im not afraid to be lit up. I am not asking for stockless mp5s or pistol ar15s (if there is such a thing) but just weight is something I don't like.

3. Play Area

This I cant say. Everything I would say. I will be playing in a small arena a few towns over and hopefully doing some of these scenario games I see outside so a bit of everything.

4. Style Preference

I don't much care here either. Since I will be playing on speed I would prefer not to be toting a SAW or RPK style with drums. I do love AKs but wont look for an airsoft rifle for JUST that. I would also be open to pistols for backup. Sorry to be a bit vague. For pure looks I like the g36k but I feel like asking for a specific gun style may be limiting myself. I appreciate your help very much.

Let me try this a new way now that some stuff has come to light.

Price range: 200 dollar maximum (gun only)

Play style: assault, I need a gun with very good accuracy and range, good rate of fire would be awesome, though not necessary.

Terrain: Woods

Style Preference: MUST have large battery capacity, and reliable internals. Does not need to come with anything but the gun (magazine, battery)

Sorry about the confusion guys, and thank you.

Edited by Frenzy

I am looking for my first gas sidearm. I don't plan on using it much, I'm largely getting it to complete my 90's SEAL loadout.

Price range: under $50

I am trying to decide between these two:

UHC USP http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-UG-161B.htm

Y&P USP http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-YP-USP.htm

I have considered the Y&P MK23, but it is rather large and unwieldy and the Airsoft USP would perform just as well.

Let me try this a new way now that some stuff has come to light.

Price range: 200 dollar maximum (gun only)

Play style: assault, I need a gun with very good accuracy and range, good rate of fire would be awesome, though not necessary.

Terrain: Woods

Style Preference: MUST have large battery capacity, and reliable internals. Does not need to come with anything but the gun (magazine, battery)

Sorry about the confusion guys, and thank you.

How would an M14 work? what brand and model should I get if so?

I believe the g36c can only hold an 8.4 mini, though I have never tried a 9.6. This is if the compartment size is equivalent to the E1's

This is true. If you want 9.6V cells in the foreguard, you will need a new one. KWA did produce one for their line at one point and I'm positive you can buy an aftermarket part that works the same.

How would an M14 work? what brand and model should I get if so?

CYMA has one that's pretty decent and fits in your budget.

Which g&g?

G&G has an M14 for $255, but it doesn't come with a battery/charger, and it's out of your budget. The CYMA is your best option if you want an affordable M14 within your budget.

G&G has an M14 for $255, but it doesn't come with a battery/charger, and it's out of your budget. The CYMA is your best option if you want an affordable M14 within your budget.

I think I can get the extra 55. Is the g&g worth that much more? Would that be the best gun for my money do you think?

Sorry, I'm indecisive. lol

I think I can get the extra 55. Is the g&g worth that much more? Would that be the best gun for my money do you think?

Sorry, I'm indecisive. lol

I've dealt with both the Cyma and the G&G, and to be honest the Cyma is much better for the money. G&G m14 will need to be upgraded due to it's really low FPS, and the only upside to it is it's build quality, (which isn't really that big o a difference at all.) IMO go with the cyma, plus complete gearboxes sell at ASGI for only $60!!! You can bet your boots I'll get the Cyma in the near future!!!

I am looking for my first gas sidearm. I don't plan on using it much, I'm largely getting it to complete my 90's SEAL loadout.

Price range: under $50

I am trying to decide between these two:

UHC USP http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-UG-161B.htm

Y&P USP http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-YP-USP.htm

I have considered the Y&P MK23, but it is rather large and unwieldy and the Airsoft USP would perform just as well.

I decided to go with a Y&P Mk23.

I've dealt with both the Cyma and the G&G, and to be honest the Cyma is much better for the money. G&G m14 will need to be upgraded due to it's really low FPS, and the only upside to it is it's build quality, (which isn't really that big o a difference at all.) IMO go with the cyma, plus complete gearboxes sell at ASGI for only $60!!! You can bet your boots I'll get the Cyma in the near future!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL WUT.

G&G's build quality is superior to the Cyma's. The FPS are about the same... And if you have to drop a spring in, no problem.

The reason the gearbox from the Cyma m14 is $60 because it's not as high quality as the G&G. I effin' love Cyma guns, so if it's not in your price range, then go Cyma, no argument there.

I've got the G&G M14 and I owned the Cyma, I've got quite a bit of experience with both. The worst part about the G&G is the mags that they're proprietary, it sucks. No mid caps, so that can certainly be an issue. Other than that, the G&G is amazing.

LOLOLOLOLOL WUT.

G&G's build quality is superior to the Cyma's. The FPS are about the same... And if you have to drop a spring in, no problem.

The reason the gearbox from the Cyma m14 is $60 because it's not as high quality as the G&G. I effin' love Cyma guns, so if it's not in your price range, then go Cyma, no argument there.

I've got the G&G M14 and I owned the Cyma, I've got quite a bit of experience with both. The worst part about the G&G is the mags that they're proprietary, it sucks. No mid caps, so that can certainly be an issue. Other than that, the G&G is amazing.

CA uses the same mags, and G&G makes 80rd midcaps for the gun.

LOLOLOLOLOL WUT.

The FPS are about the same

Just a difference of 35-50 fps out of the box is all... G&G is going to be shooting at 320 out of the box, and the Cyma is going to be able to tap out 355. And the build quality isn't that huge of a difference. You are going to be replacing most of the parts on the G&G anyways. I haven't had to swap a single part out of the Cyma in forever.

With the G17 you have a couple less parts you have to worry about losing/breaking. I'm talking about the firing mode selector here. The G18c has a slightly higher fun/cool factor with the full auto feature, but I never used it much myself (I had a KSC G18c). You can't really go wrong with either.

Loading nozzle is NOT the same, the G18C's nozzle on the cylinder part is actually not round but a D-shape, since the top part of the slide has been cutout to emulate the weight saving cut on the G18C.

As a result the BBU is entirely different and so is the actual piston head and nozzle, aside from the fact that it also houses the select fire mechanism.

Price Range:

My price range is about $150, although I can go some over that if need be. Something that is going to last longer or fit my criteria better for an extra ten or twenty bucks would be worth it to me. Despite this being my max I would prefer to spend a few bucks less and have money left for extra mags, a sight, a vertical foregrip, or another similar upgrade.

What I am looking for:

I am totally new to airsoft and so I wanted something that would help me learn and get into airsoft and but be something I could use or upgrade longterm. I would like something that is accurate, has decent range (not an smg nor a sniper), has room for upgrades/rails for attaching stuff and is above all else sturdy. I don't need a gun that is all metal, just one that feels solid. A gun that feels solid is the most important characteristic for me, alongside durability. Accuracy and range being my next item; range being less important. Once I get the sights zeroed I would like the bb to go where I aim it basically.

Role:

I will primarily be playing in outdoor fields/woods however I will also likely play, at least a little bit, in indoor cqb. For this reason I probably need something reasonably versatile, right? I was looking at the M14, however, it looked a tad big for indoor or cqb, although I am not sure (hence why I am here). I was also looking at the SCAR, but I see any in my price range that looked decent, maybe I was checking the wrong palces. I will primarily be fulfilling an assault or DMR type role when I play.

Style:

I really like the look of the SCAR, G36, AUG, M4, M14, and M16 in roughly that order. The one gun I do not like the "look" of and wouldn't really want would be an AK variant. As I said I would like something will the ability to upgrade and add to through rails or something similar. I am not currently trying to create any "loadouts" so there is no real problem there.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by No Skill Dave

Hmmm... Well, I hear there's a new type of JG G36c with better externals that's supposed to be win. Only place I know for sure you can get it would be the Airsoft Barracks store, but their online store isn't up yet. If I were you I'd go over and talk to Jon, Doc or Will, you can ask one of them if they have any of them and maybe even order one. They're great guys and definitely a legit retailer if you're concerned.

Hmmm... Well, I hear there's a new type of JG G36c with better externals that's supposed to be win. Only place I know for sure you can get it would be the Airsoft Barracks store, but their online store isn't up yet. If I were you I'd go over and talk to Jon, Doc or Will, you can ask one of them if they have any of them and maybe even order one. They're great guys and definitely a legit retailer if you're concerned.

Uhh... who?