Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

No Skill Dave

If you really want to stay under $150, look at one of these:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=1...81evnf6j08e0er2

But to really satisfy all your desiderata and more, this is what you want:

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/G_G_GR16_R4_...y_S_p/35018.htm

<at> No Skill Dave

From personal experience I would get this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2109

I have my own (a V.3 where they introduced metal bushings) and it still runs well to this day. The only downer of this are the mags. 1 G36 mag = width of 2 M4/M16 mags, so you may have to drop in a conversion kit for that. Replacing the pot metal body pins for SRC ones would be another thing at the top of the list. (You hit 150 with just the magwell conversion)

verisimilitude is also steering you in a good direction. From what I've been able to pick up, CYMA AKs are very good right now. Something like an AK-74SU could do you well.

I am wanting another aeg, I would prefer A FAL Or AUG(open to other options but won't buy m4\m16 as too many people own them) and my budget would be 250-300 dollars for the gun not including the accesories.I would be playing in woodland, forest, field, and may be a abandoned warehouse. Im a assault type role and sometimes the squad leader. If you can find a few options for this just link them. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Brandtbo

Which is the best spring Handgun with over 300fps? something durable, price range $40 to $60, or a little more..

And which is the best C02 handgun, up to about $75... saw the Ruger P345PR CO2, 380fps!

How many shots do you get per cartridge with the c02? More than green gas?

We have the softair M4 field duty kit ( battery-DPMS-A17 and MK IV spring pistol) Cheaply made and the mag on the rifle has feeding problems.

We also have the KWA M18c (Green Gas Glock 18 full auto), which is kind-of a pain having to fill with a big old canister..athough fun to shoot!

These guns are just for neighborhood battles...

Which is the best spring Handgun with over 300fps? something durable, price range $40 to $60, or a little more..

And which is the best C02 handgun, up to about $75... saw the Ruger P345PR CO2, 380fps!

We have the softair M4 field duty kit ( battery-DPMS-A17 and MK IV spring pistol) Cheaply made and the mag on the rifle has feeding problems.

We also have the KWA M18c (Green Gas Glock 18 full auto), which is kind-of a pain having to fill with a big old canister..athough fun to shoot!

Went ahead and bought the Sig Sauer SP2022 spinger pistol... supposed to be rated at 315fps with .20 bb's.

description on link below(Actually bought from amazon) Thoughts??????

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/315_FPS_Ai...p/cb-280108.htm

Went ahead and bought the Sig Sauer SP2022 spinger pistol... supposed to be rated at 315fps with .20 bb's.

description on link below(Actually bought from amazon) Thoughts??????

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/315_FPS_Ai...p/cb-280108.htm

Looking at 2 AEP's

The DE M81 V2 or the CYMA CM030... Any thoughts?

Edited by FrankAR15

How good is this gun?

http://www.mrairsoft.com/product_info.php?...products_id=129

I am new to airsoft. I used to play paintball and was the run n gun type. I like fast paced, and moving around alot. Looking for a gun that will be accurate, can use for CQB and wooded field play, and is NOT a m4/m16. I would like something that looks more like an ACR. No MP5's either.

What should I be looking for for FPS?

Thanks ahead of time.

I'm afraid to say in the nicest possible way that that's a really really bad gun, and not worth the $$.

Basically, if you want an AEG, you're looking at $100 minimum. The starting point would be a Cyma 028 AK-47.

For $35 it would only be worth getting a shotgun (pump action spring).

There's lots of good information in this thread. Go back a few pages and read a couple of pages right through. You'll see that the same recommendations keep cropping up. Go from there.

Price Range: ~$120-150 for rifle and ~$50-80 for pistol

Uses: I'll be playing at intensities ranging from mild, shoot around play to moderate-paced, woods ball. Never anything overly serious or professional. My style will be a combination of assault and sniper.

Style thoughts: I'd like both guns to be as authentic as financially possible, with around or over 300 fps, highly durable and dependable, and either electric or gas powered, with preference for electric. I'm wanting semi/full auto adjustabilty on the rifle and semi for the pistol, both with blow-back action and as much metal authenticity as possible. Specific gun designs I like include the M16, M4, AK47, G36, and other typical assault rifle designs. Pistol designs I like include the 1911, M9, Sig Sauer, etc.

All of these style preferences are open to suggestions as I really don't know what is available for the best price. I've played paintball for years and I own several real guns, but I'm only just now getting into doing more with airsoft than just buying cheapos for shooting people that only last a couple months at the most.

Also I'd like to add that if I can get guns that meet my preferences at a lower price than what I stated, that's certainly welcome.

Edited by winn.cody

Hi, thanks for your help in advance.

my budget is around $150 (+/- 20 ish).

not sure whether I will be playing in any type of matches due to time and location constraints but I have a fairly large backyard with a green belt so I think I'm going to do some target practice in my backyard.

I have been looking at airsoft gi's website and there are a lot of choices. I have my eyes set on G&G's combat machines or other manufacture's G36. Absolutely no AK's. I want something that's well made and as realistic as my budget allows. Here are my questions:

1. is the blow back feature worth the extra money?

2. should I be staying away from JG brand of guns?

3. since I am just playing around in my backyard, should I save money and go cheap?

4. if #3 is no, then what is the best gun my money can buy?

Thanks again for your time

IMHO:

1) The blowback thing is really cool and realistic except for the fact that you're not ejecting and casings. The pros lie in the fact that it looks cool and is realistic. The cons are added parts to break and a very slightly more difficult take down, as well as a faster battery drain. This are just what I have heard from people who own the Combat machine blowbacks. Feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect.

2) I love JG and I know many other forum members who would agree. I have owned a number of their products and was really impressed with the quality of the product every time. I personally owned the base M4 made by JG and can say that for the price: value ratio it was the best gun I have ever owned.

3) This section is really up to you. If you were to ever consider going to an organized event you would be better off forking over the money up front. LPEG's or your very cheap guns are im almost every case worthless. (Again if I am wrong correct me.) If you're going to purchase a gun I would suggest something like the JG series or a Combat machine. They offer you a very good platform to either leave it how it is, or turn it into a gun that many will envy. Again you must decide if it is worth it to you to spend your money.

4) In question 3

So I have been doing some more searching and found these guns. Can someone tell me the pros/cons of each. I would like to spend 250 or less for just the gun.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=31863

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=28591

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=31399

I am looking for a gun that I can use in CQB and woods. Which one would make a good, upgradeable, reliable first gun?

Looking to not be at a disadvatage cause of firepower first time on the feild, accuracy, easy to use, fix etc.

THanks.

At the $250 mark, you're getting into the High end AEGs. I would stay away from echo and JG guns if you can afford more.

Here is a G&P M4. It will have a fairly high rate of fire and should be able to be used in CQB and field use. It also has a nice crane stock. This gun is better as an upgrading platform, but the gear axles could snap.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6985

This KWA is $50 higher than you said but well worth it. You will be able to keep up with people on the field but it will shoot too hot for CQB. The internals will be top notch and you should expect it to last. This gun shouldn't need any upgrades right out of the box.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2743

EDIT: At AirsoftGI, don't forget coupon "tim". It should give you 10% off.

*If this is wrong, then someone please correct me with a more recent code.

Edited by suprafish

<AT>Jliao:

I all depends on how much you shoot the thing. It your run a mag through it every week then you can wait 6 months or so and you should be alright. If you shoot a lot every day then sooner obviously. I do a major cleaning every 10,000rds or so.

<AT>Hdridinas1:

The ICS 552 is amazing have personally witnessed both ends of it and would highly recommend it. The one that I experience was doing 350 fps and 18 rps after 15,000 rounds and use every other day, alongside a full day of play every weekend.

I have heard that they are really good, but I lack experience with one. I was just about to buy one before I had some bad luck... One downside to the JG sig is that it is a cybergun product. Im not a big fan of cybergun like many other ASF members, but it is totally up to you. The gun itself is supposed to a strong competitor. Another downside of the JG sig is that it is more than likely that it will be shooting over a CQB safe FPS.

Edited by Zenocide

I have heard that they are really good, but I lack experience with one. I was just about to buy one before I had some bad luck... One downside to the JG sig is that it is a cybergun product. Im not a big fan of cybergun like many other ASF members, but it is totally up to you. The gun itself is supposed to a strong competitor. Another downside of the JG sig is that it is more than likely that it will be shooting over a CQB safe FPS.

What is a safe FPS? My Son and the neighborhood kids are shooting each other with pistols rated at 305 to 315fps

(I'm guessing 12g bb's)

I went out there and they shot me, it did hurt, and that was through my clothes! lol

They leave welts, but I don't think they will break skin...

1. Price Range

Up to 200 dollars total maximum, between 130-180 is preferred.

2. Play Style

Assault/Sniper - I'd like a relatively long-ranged gun. Size isn't too much of an issue.

3. Play Area

Typically, woodland.

4. Style Preference

M14/M21, G3, M16, and the AUG are amongst my favorite guns. I recently ordered a JG military AUG, which would have been decent were it not for the broken scope and wobbly foregrip (I had to return it due to the scope and I have yet to find a place that will offer it to me for as cheap as I got it: 140).

At the moment, I am looking at the:

CYMA M14

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2910

JG T3-K1

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3025

JG M16A2

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2319

I'd like to know if anyone has an opinion about which of these three is the best, or if there's another option that's between 130 and 180 that would outdo these.

I'm a newbie interested in a gun:

1. Around 180-230$

2. Close Quarters, Medium Range

3. Woods, Indoors

-SMG or Shogtun (TM shotguns preferably, although if they break I'm screwed since they're so complex internally)

-NO GAS. WHATSOEVER. I don't want to buy a gas container for every 3 mags.

-A good battery to go with the gun and a decent SMART charger, if it's an AEG

-Less than 350 FPS

-Easy to assemble/reassemble, something that a gun moron (me) can fix

-Something compatible with the LEAPERS Red/Green Dot sight (30$)

- Not a P90, I love them, but their magazines are an absurd size

- No JG/Echo 1

I was interested in the Airsoft GI blazing hog, but I don't know if that's newbie friendly or not.

Here's the LEAPERS scope I was talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-lden-Image-Green...6609&sr=8-1

Edited by Jabbathewut

&lt;AT&gt; bored: Well the M16 will offer the most customization but the other will give you style of your own. I personally like longer guns myself. I own a Dboys M16 and a g&g M4 with an m16 length barrel on it. The longer barrel only provides so much though. My suggestion is the M16 due to the parts available for it. Look at the G&G combat machines and the G4 serier at airsoft GI before you decide. These have again and again proven to be tip top beginner guns.

However I'm curious why you don't get another aug? If it is what you ordered in the first place you should consider spend the extra to get another aug.

Hi. I'm new to airsoft and I have a very limited knowledge of airsoft guns, so I'm not exactly sure what to get. I don't have my own gun yet, so I need help in deciding a good gun for beginners. I don't mind what kind of gun it is (actually I don't want a spring-powered one), and what the gun looks like. I'll be playing in all environments, mostly woods. My budget is a lowly $70, as I'm still new and don't want to invest much into airsoft until I become better and more experienced at it. Thanks.

If you can get the CM028, ($100) it will be your best bet and last forever.

EDIT: The CM028 is the CYMA AK47 shown here

Edited by Messinator

&lt;AT&gt; Shadow: the famas I know almost nothing about, and the well may not be the best bang for your buck. JG products are very good and around the same price. I believe JG is releaseing a famas here within the next few months, and I would say that it would be worth it too hold out r opt for the Famas in the for sale section on this here website.

Bar 10--- I have heard good things about these and they are considerably cheaper. Though in reality I think that you may be more satisfied with a long aeg and a high powered spring. I know many players who started out thinking sniping was for them to only last a game or so in the role.

&lt;AT&gt; Dman: $70 is quite a tight budget. The best thing for you to do is to wait a little while until you have the extra $30-40 dollars to go with a JG product. I swear by JG and think that if you were to buy a low grade aeg now instead of holding off until you can afford a middle grade aeg you would be sorely disappointed. Check out the JG product line at airsoftpost.com or airsoftgi.com.

&lt;AT&gt; Shadow: the famas I know almost nothing about, and the well may not be the best bang for your buck. JG products are very good and around the same price. I believe JG is releaseing a famas here within the next few months, and I would say that it would be worth it too hold out r opt for the Famas in the for sale section on this here website.

Bar 10--- I have heard good things about these and they are considerably cheaper. Though in reality I think that you may be more satisfied with a long aeg and a high powered spring. I know many players who started out thinking sniping was for them to only last a game or so in the role.

&lt;AT&gt; Dman: $70 is quite a tight budget. The best thing for you to do is to wait a little while until you have the extra $30-40 dollars to go with a JG product. I swear by JG and think that if you were to buy a low grade aeg now instead of holding off until you can afford a middle grade aeg you would be sorely disappointed. Check out the JG product line at airsoftpost.com or airsoftgi.com.

thanks. whats the range on the Bar 10? do you know if that MK43 M60 (on the side bar) is any good?

thanks. whats the range on the Bar 10? do you know if that MK43 M60 (on the side bar) is any good?

Well it depends on the gun, the bb weight you are going to use. The M60 is very very heavy and you can make a way better support weapon out of a standard M4 for about the price you would pay for a decent M60.

It's licensed by cybergun (trademarks) and manufactured by JG. It's a pretty decent gun from what I've heard.

Well it depends on the gun, the bb weight you are going to use. The M60 is very very heavy and you can make a way better support weapon out of a standard M4 for about the price you would pay for a decent M60.

The gun is the JG BAR-10 sniper rifle and the ammo is most likely 0.2 gram.

The gun is the JG BAR-10 sniper rifle and the ammo is most likely 0.2 gram.

The gun is a good choice. JG is emerging as a strong brand for a low price and I bet you will be satisfied with your purchase. However your bb selection may need to be revised. .2g bbs at high fps and long distance will give you ver low accuracy when reaching for those long shots. If I were you I would order several small bags of heavier weight bb's (.25g, .28g, .3g) and find out what suits you best. Even though your fps will be "lower" the bb will fly straighter and pack a bigger punch.

just my .02

The gun is a good choice. JG is emerging as a strong brand for a low price and I bet you will be satisfied with your purchase. However your bb selection may need to be revised. .2g bbs at high fps and long distance will give you ver low accuracy when reaching for those long shots. If I were you I would order several small bags of heavier weight bb's (.25g, .28g, .3g) and find out what suits you best. Even though your fps will be "lower" the bb will fly straighter and pack a bigger punch.

just my .02

do you know of any good aeg's that are no more than $160

I keep seeing beginners asking what gun they should get... to keep the forums a bit clearer, I've made this thread.

Either PM me, or post here with your budget, the style of gun you prefer, what you'll be using it for and I (or another member) will help you via PM.

When posting, please following this guideline:

1. Price Range

If you can spend $200, you can spend $220 or $230. If you post a $100 price range then I'm going to assume that you can mow the lawn or work overtime if there's a significantly better gun that you could get from slightly over your budget.

2. Play Style

Almost everyone falls into a certain "role", and their weapon usually reflects that. Read up on what different roles are and what they do here:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/What-s-Role-t27259.html

Note: An M4 or other assault rifle or submachine gun with a box/drum/c-mag is not a "SAW", "Support Gun", or a "Machine Gun".

3. Play Area

Where do you play? In a forest? In an old warehouse? CQB, field, woodland?

4. Style Preference

What model of real-steel weapon do you want your replica to... replicate? Don't be afraid to be specific, but understand that your budget may restrict your options.

If your replica style has to comply with a certain loadout/impression, please list it here.

This is not a thread in which we post and you read; rather, you post and WE read. So go for it, we're here to help!

Hey, My name is John. I've been considering getting into airsoft, so I joined this forum. I wanted to ask a question about a specific gun. I really like the whole G36 line of guns and I was considering buying the JG MK36K/G608-3/G36k (with 3x scope). I've heard that the quality is pretty good, but I'm a little worried about the internals. My hope was to get a cheap base gun with decent quality and slowly upgrade it over time. Would this be a wise choice or should I look elsewhere? Here's a link

JG or Echo 1 G36c would be an okay choice, but gonna need to re-shim right away, and should probably upgrade to a piston with metal teeth, as JG and Echo 1 pistons love to strip, and don't take much prompting to get them started. After about 3,000 rounds, the piston on my JG 614 had little bits chipping and breaking off.

You will get much more from a co2 cartridge. My co2 gets between 110-180 off of one cartridge, it shoots 400fps.